1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Introducing Doll Profiles

Jan 18, 2016

1. @mdonline03 That would make sense but the search term has to be precise and the answers people are putting in the body field can be something like 'default' or the company or just the model number. I'm not sure it would be as useful as one might hope.

@jmlukens I did ask the developer about having a randomizer, but he said it wasn't possible because it would slow down the site too much. I liked the idea though; sorry it didn't work out.

@RamenDoodles It's something we've considered, and it's also possible for each profile to start a new thread somewhere. We're keeping it simple for now though. However, you can always convo someone with a compliment – I think anybody would love some fanmail for their doll.

I appreciate all the suggestions, even if it's not something we can follow up on. So please don't hold back if you have more ideas! :)

2. Love this feature!
      It's so much fun to see all the dolls:whee:
      thank you mods:hug:

is there any way we can see all the dolls we've "liked"?
      oh and a suggestion! adding a tags section so that owners can add keywords to make their doll more easily found by the search feature (ex. my doll is a Megu so that's what I put as her sculpt but if someone searched "Four-sisters" or "F-01" then she wouldn't appear in their search, but a tags section would fix that)
      scratch that, I must be blind because I just noticed that there is a tags section :sweat

I just can't figure out how to use it...

#62 Chibi_Rat, Feb 3, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    3. @Chibi_Rat It's not possible to see all the ones you've liked, but we'll be adding bookmarks soon so that you can bookmark the ones you want to remember.

I've added tags for companies, over 400 of them. (No finer way to spend a Friday night?) If I missed any, let me know.

We're still working out how to best implement tags on DoA, so we're taking it slowly for now.

4. No suggestions on my end, I just wanted to pop in and give a HUGE thanks to the DoA Admin Team for this feature! I personally REALLY love having a way to organize my dolls in such a way and I'm looking forward to when we might be able to load more than 5 profiles in the future. So yes, just a big thank you from someone who really appreciates all the work that's gone into this :D

5. Has the number of profiles allowed been increased from five? I just saw someone with seven and I'm a little confused.

6. @Wolfie Pie Some people do have a higher limit, but not everyone. Don't worry, the limit will be higher soon.

7. I don't have any feedback that hasn't already been suggested... so just a general thumbs up from me. Looking forward to the limit increase. I have 17 dolls so only picking 5 was rough.

8. It's too bad about the randomizer not being possible, but I understand it's better not to break the whole site for one feature haha. I have to say I would LOVE to comment on doll profiles, not only for compliments but to discuss the character and personalization of the doll but I feel it would be weird to PM someone about that out of the blue to ask a silly question about their dolls personality or something

9. It would be neat in the Character section to maybe have a space for a little blurb about the world or story that character is a part of, and maybe what other characters they're associated with. I realize that can all just go in the general about the character text field but it could be useful to have it separate? Overall really liking this feature though!! It's making it a whole lot easier to keep track of my dolls and their stuff.

10. @Saphy commenting won't be enabled when we raise the limit, but it's something we're considering for the future.

@kobbi What would the field for the world part say? Home? Homeland? Place of birth? Location?

11. @Dezarii I'm not sure... I'm trying to thing of a brief way to say "Story or world the character belongs to" but nothing is immediately coming to mind... some sort of Character Provinance... then maybe a World Overview field for a description of said story setting/world.

Bad at words haha *flails*

12. <3 Valentine's Day Update! <3

The limit for doll profiles has been raised to 25 for everyone.

If you need more, they are available as a paid account upgrade. If you have already paid for an unneeded inbox upgrade and you would like to have it converted to a doll profile upgrade, please post in Ask the Moderators.

Also, we have a new <3 emoji.

13. WOW. Thanks so, so much for raising the limit and including an option for paid upgrades!! Have I told DOA mods lately how awesome ya'll are?

Happy Valentine's Day! <3

14. lol @PeppermintPocky – Thanks! <3

All of you make this a great community, and we hope you'll enjoy the new features we'll be adding throughout the year. :)

15. Thank you so much for creating this feature and for raising the limit! This is probably one of my favorite things that DoA has ever done. You guys are awesome! <3

16. <3Gotta say that I LOVE the Doll Profile feature! <3 Being able to see such a range of dolls and their different styles is really helping me pin down the themes and styling for my resin crew. I'm definitely looking forward to some kind of 'favourites' collection as mentioned already by another forum member.

One thing though - I made a draft profile, saved it. Edited it, saved it again - and now it's totally disappeared. :| I'd only filled in basic info so far so it's actually no big problem, but I saw somebody else had had the same issue earlier in the thread and I just thought I'd mention that it's still cropping up. (I'm using Firefox/Win7 if that's of any relevance.)

17. @Zaliayn Did you notice it disappear right after you edited it and saved, or did you save it, wait a while and then see that it had disappeared?

18. @Dezarii I saved it and it gave me the 'Draft saved' message, then I went back to the main Doll Profiles page and started browsing some other people's profiles (I was looking at how best to fill in certain parts of the profile) When I went back to edit the draft a few minutes later (probably less than 15mins) it had vanished.

19. yay!! <3 I have more than 30 dolls so 5 wasn't enough and I really couldn't choose :P

20. I'm trying to see what the system's limits are over here... I'm probably not going to do my entire tribe, but I do want to see how the forum handles and displays seriously silly numbers of dolls.

One observation so far... Apparently the "Dolls" tab on the Profile page has a set display limit. If you have more than that number, older entries on the list "fall off the page" so to speak rather than spawning a second page or some such. I'd call that a low priority bug given that the display limit is 50, and so very, very few people are likely to run into it... But, that's why I'm being a little ridiculous. It's good to know limits like that exist. :lol: