1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. I agree that his broad, square look seems to fit better w/the Superhero body. I think a slimmer face (like Chase) would look great w/the model body. Maybe even Tedros, though he has quite the square, leading-man jawline, too. :aheartbea

2. two things...Sd13 comparison and checkout the DM model shoes on the EID feets.
      A very TIGHT squeeze but I got em on.
      [​IMG]

3. @PamSD - Now get them off. :lol:

4. :lol: Would you say that DM model doll shoes go well on an EID though you had to squeeze them on?

5. No kidding...I might wind up cutting them off....I'll try heating them up with the blow dryr first...sometimes vinyl stretches bettere when it's warm.

O heck no...they was way way tight....I forced them on.

6. Whoa! Thats good to know!:lol:

7. Just thinking about saving up and buying one of these big guys - can I check that the greening problem you are all talking about is just with the realskin? Can i assume that the normal skin is fine as per other manufacturers? I don't want to make an expensive mistake.... thanks

8. The major shifts in color were on the first release of the Realskin Akando. Now they've added and an UV protector to the mix.
      That being said, it still advisable to keep all darker skinned dolls out of direct sunlight or CFL's as much as possible. Even BW and Normal skin dolls will change with age.

9. I have a request! If anyone has a Model EID, could they measure from the back of the knees to the back of his rear? I'm trying to make a chair for him while I wait, but I'm not sure how much room I should leave for his butt and legs... Thank you very much~!

10. I keep on meaning to put this pic up. Its a pair of Souldoll Zenith boots which fit my EID Akando perfectly with no stretching or deformity of the shoes.

[​IMG]

I believe its these ones here in black. They have sold out but are available in brown. Zenith shoes seem like a great fit on these boys. Souldoll just need to make more options now.

11. Hey guys.. have any of you who got NS Akando experience this..
      My Akando head is ... fading..

[​IMG]

The head cap and the rest of the body is fine. No color changing.
      Just the cheek on both side are fading.. It looks like the color is changing to more pale and maybe a little green-ish... :(
      I don't know how it happen as I have him stay indoor most of the time and coated him with UV-Cut MSC...
      Oh BTW, I got him last Feb. So he has been with me for over a year now... orz

12. I haven't seen it on Granger but this is just another example of the nature of resin.
      It continues to change....for years ! !

I have two Volks dolls that I can see the changes over the last 6 yrs just by looking through the picture file.

If you are his first owner you can write to IH and see if they will replace it.
      Good luck.

13. I am his first owner.
      If he's been yellowing I can totally understand that.
      But he does not seems to be in that case. Only parts of his face is fading. The rest of the body is fine. ( I thought only the tan doll has color changing problem... orz)
      I've post to Iplehouse's Hospital board. They haven't reply my message yet.... :(

14. Do you keep him wigged and clothed?

I looks like the lower face to me...where he would get the most UV exposure.

15. Yes, I have him wigged and clothed, and store him indoor. (He is just too heavy and I don't feel taking him out for pictures.. XD)
      The only time he may expose to sunlight is when I gave him face-up. ( 3 times I believe)
      I usually spray MSC outdoor in the shade area when doing face-up.
      I do the same to my other BJDs and none of them has this problem. (Some of them are yellowed... of course. XD)

I may try to .. um.. sand him over the weekend to see if it is just the surface changing or....

Does anyone know if Iplehouse is using the same red pigment for both NS and Tan dolls?
      My Akando is from the early batch.. I am thinking could it because of the red pigment they used for their Tan dolls who also have color changing problem, too?

16. It doesn't have to be sunlight...even indirect indoor lighting will make the change.

I had a doll who was turning from exposure to my flash.

17. Not so much with Iplehouse dolls, my first run Akando has yet to green, but my Dollshe V2 SA Saint was the color of cooked shrimp when he arrived and now years later he's just slightly darker than the V2 BW Saint.

18. just lurking around and saw this fading problem....

I have had an IP JID Tania for 11 months now and the same thing has happen to her. Only her face is changing colors but the rest of her body stays the same. Event the exposed parts like her arms and neck -that get the same amount of light as her face- aren't changing. Only her face. When Iple gives you an answer lucyhayashi please make sure to post it so I will know as well :) thanks!

19. Sure!
      Is your Tania also Normal Skin?

20. yes is that what your Akando was?

edit: nevermind. Just re-read your post.