1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. My Akando's changing colour, too. He was very pink when I got him. Now, the exposed parts of his body are getting a more yellowish hue. I quite like it. The pink always made me think of, well, a little piglet ... *lol*

2. My sleep Akando opened eyes and new faceup
      I sooooooo like it
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

3. Got response from Iplehouse today.
      I am not so happy about the part they are saying "you don't handle your doll careful enough"

I am not new BJD owner. I have at least 7 bjds on my site. All of them are coated with UV-Cut MSC. Yes, I know resin yellowed and I expected it on my doll. But uneven color fading is different. And where I don't understand is Face is the part that I coat at least three layers of MSC whereas other body part is around one to two layers. And now, only the head is changing color. Be specific, my Akando's left cheek is fading more quickly than his right cheek.

I'd like to hear some feedback from the tanned skin owners whose dolls turned green color- What did you guys eventually do? Did you get replacement from Iplehouse or just blush the color to match?

4. To lucyhayashi:My N/S akando changed too,both face and body.But My sleep Akando didn't.I put it in to the box for one year.I can't see any change on or the change is less then I can see.

5. Yeah... I don't know, I guess I will have to rip off my Akando's cloths and see if I can get a full body lighten.

6. Sorry guys for posting it here but i wasn't able to post this queston in the 'travelig with your dolls issues etc.' thread...so anyway, did anyone here took their EIDs for a travel? How did you pass airport security? is the carrier bag too big to be a carry on?

Sorry again and i would really appreciate any suggestions.. ^^;;

7. I never bring my EID on a trip. But I have brought my other bjds (one SD and one MSD) oversea.
      I didn't have a carry bag so I just unstrung both of them and wrap them by bubble wrap and put them in a regular backpack.
      Oh well, I remember when I put them on the x-ray machine, the Customs did spend a bit more time on my bags. But he let me went through eventually.
      And yes, you are allowed to bring one hand bag (ex. purse) and one personal belongings on the plane. So if you are bringing EID in a carry bag, that means you will only be allowed to bring one extra small purse. No laptop or camera.

8. Thank you so much for your response lucyhayashi^^

It seems people usually don't take them on a trip because of their weight/size, cause I've just read 55 pages on how to travel with MSD and SD which are much smaller than EID...but the backpack idea sounds good! Thank you^^

if anyone else has anymore ideas please please post them ^^ <33

9. Isn't there size limitations on the hand luggage you can take on a plane? I think an EID carrier would be too big.

10. OK, it's official now. I asked my friend Raven today - she's staying here for a few weeks - whether she thinks my Akando's got a greenish tinge to his nose. To get an unbiased opinion because I just might be seeing things. She said yes. So - word of warning! The NS Akando's definitely CAN turn kinda green, too, if you leave them out in the sunlight (mine's been sitting on his wooden bench for about one and a half year now.

Mine was one from the first few NS batches. Got him in January 2009. The problem might not exist anymore, now, but I'd still like to hear if there's any other people with NS Akandos that look kinda yellow-greenish by now ...

You can't see the "greening" in pics - not really. But it's kinda obvious when you got Morgan (my Akando) right before you.

11. Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a handsom hunk of resin (just as soon as I save up). I got a question about clothing for the eid super hero body...I quite like some of the jackets and coats from nine9style, does anyone know if they fit? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Mental seeing as I've not saved up or ordered my Theo yet but I just have to plan his wardrobe now!

12. Rushlight...there is also a what fits thread for the EID's one for male and one for female.

13. Cheers PamSD will go check it out...its so difficult to search for info on DoA...there is so much of it!

14. Has anyone found a leather wallet in scale for these guys?

15. Hi everyone! Its been some time I don't post! But I have great news! ;D

He is home! I can't believe I ordered only a month ago!

- Akando - super hero body.

Still namesless!!! Accepting suggestions! ;D

[​IMG]

16. They look fine. I have them together and they are a good match (that's the compare between SID girl and EID boy)

17. So I'm wanting a new EID guy... Have a Tokyo Tedros who is light brown and has not changed in color. Trying to decide between Peach Gold Skin and Special Real Skin. Does anyone have the peach posted somewhere? No idea what that would look like even looking at their swatches. Are there any issues with yellowing with these now? I have 3 NS girls that look great so have not run into this.

18. I just acquired an Akando from my friend who was selling hers. He's one of the first round of akandos so his bulk isn't very well controlled. He's too heavy to even sit up on his own let alone stand. when he sits his leg joints pull apart and come ot of their sockets and he cant hold up his arms so they just lay at his side. I think he is a gorgeous doll but does anybody have any suggestions as to how to make him ...at least sit up?

i'm actually considering making his character handicapped and finding him a wheelchair XD