1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. I asked this in a different thread, but answers here wouldbe good too- Has anybody got opinions or experience with the mobility joint on the Akando?

2. The joints are fine. You just have to get use to them. They are a bit different with my other dolls, but once you get use to the design, they are actually pretty good!

3. I agree. They sure do need some getting used. I'm still getting used to them. *lol* But it's amazing how well you can pose him. I had my Morgan sitting on my bed cross-legged recently. I mean - cross-legged! With Luken, that's no-go. Doesn't work. And Morgan looked so relaxed sitting there like that I would have loved to have him sit there forever but at some point I had to go to bed ... ;)

4. I was thinking about that, but that pointed toe has me worried.

5. you know, you have me thinking. we use to use boot strech (or leather strech) products in the theater all the time to get shoes to strech just a little. Now I would not want that stuff to come in contact with resin so if I were to use it I'd be wraping his leg in plastic wrap first before shoving it in the boot as the mold.
      Is this real leather or just pleather? I wonder.........might be to risky to try with one of our boys but an experiment might be in order....

6. I would think that it might just work with leather or at least worth a try *eyeing Volks combat boots* and the plasitc wrap is a good idea.

Thanks!

7. Anyone ever "wired" one of these big boys? I'm thinking 12-gauge wire wouldn't be strong enough to have much of an effect on these guys. Maybe 10 gauge or even bigger?

8. Shameless Promotion but I think you will forgive me for this!
      This is my GREEN boy who is now not so green anymore. I can't wait to see him all together! :D:o:D
      But I think that all of you will get to see him first...I'm going on vacation for a week+ and I gave Tiff permission to play with him while I'm gone...
      Anyway this is Tiffany's work or (Zephiroth Aesthetics). Your should see the rest of him.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. He looks great! Airbrush?

10. He's on SHIPPING!!!!! Yeah!

11. Hi I have been stalking the last 2 threads for a while and been reading so much my brain has turned to Mash :doh
      I do have one question with this Gorgeous man is the body you get when you order the basic E.I.D the super hero one or is it different
      thanks

12. the superhero body it is.

13. Thanks for getting back to me , I just bought him and put him on layway , :D I am so excited now :)

14. Heyas all!
      Has anyone noticed any yellowing in their Akando Pierrot? When I first got my boy, I thought ok, I'm not crazy about the real skin color, and considered selling him. Instead, I bought him some new clothes and wigs and fell for him.
      But, I don't leave him out in direct sunlight and I have fluorescent lights in my bedroom. I even have those drapes that are supposed to cut out the sun. But, my boy is definitely yellowing BIG TIME. He had on a tank top, and now his arms and a portion of his chest are yellowing. I know Iplehouse warned us, but is there any help for this?
      What good is a doll that you have to keep in its box all the time?
      cheers!

15. Oh no! Not another one!:(
      There was a lot of talk about yellowing and greening Akandos in the last Akando thread, and also here.

16. Since I own two of the real skin Akando/Pierrot full sets along with a real skin Luo I asked IP exactly what should be avoided to avoid the green/yellow/fade monster syndrom and along with sunlight, strong chemicals, high temps, and smoking they also strongly recommended watching the lighting around them. I'm thinking it's your florescent lights or possibly you have the 'real sunlight' spectrum lightbulbs in your room? I've removed everything energy efficent lighting and lamp wise from my house and have gone back to the old fashioned light bulbs. I avoid direct sunlight and it's a little dimmer in the house but I call it mood lighting and my beautiful Ry :D(Akando that I have out on display) is perfectly fine.

17. Yellowing/greening sound so scary :eek: It's really too bad because french resin and realskin seemed so pretty!

I'm waiting for my mom's Akando, wich is supposed to be here any moment now. At least I hope he will be there! And that means I'll soon be doing my first "big" face-up. I hope the clothes she made him will fit, they are so pretty but we never found "real" measurement so it was a bit of guessing to do them
      :celebrate