1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. Duh, I didn't know how to quote someone.... In response to the question about the kind of lighting I have.... :) :pcupcake :bcupcake

Just cheap compact fluorescent lighting along with a bit of natural light that comes in around my "anti sun and heat" drapes.... But that room is also a tad-bit warmer in the summer (old house with a lack of proper ductwork). I'm gonna baby him, keep him totally clothed head to toe, and eventually get his face airbrushed. Hey, maybe IP will sell gloves to keep their hands from fading.... :) Did I hear correctly that sanding does not help the yellowing?

2. If it's legitimate yellowing that you want to get rid of, a simple sponge bath with some isopropyl should get rid of it. Greening, on the other hand, which is a result of the red pigments fading away (thanks to ultra violet light), can't be undone. The temperature of your room shouldn't be that large of a factor, but the lighting that you've described sounds just right for greening.

3. Akando-Flavick is home at last I love him I'm amaze by his standing: you position him and he stays like a rock Yabadabadou!And his body is yam!yam!slurp!!! would like to meet him in real life lol

4. I got a pic of SH with my DM Kyle.
      I now know where the beef is.
      No wonder he weighs twice as much.

SH has that "you've GOT to be kidding me" look.
      [​IMG]

5. Yay for getting bottom of the page 2 times, don't help with getting ignored ;)
      My mom (grangalop) received her Akando yesterday, and I'm kind of impressed I don't find him too big. I'm more used to Tiny and MSD size, and now Akando is the only large doll in the house. It doesn't show in picture, but am I the only one thinking his head seems a bit small for his body when you see him?

Oh and just one small question for you other Akando owner: Where/how do you keep him? with the small one we have small chair for them, or I sit them near my computer. Do you have doll stand? I don't even trust him to keep sit right now, I can just imagine him falling because he is too heavy.

ps. Pam, wow. your Kyle is half the size of SH ^.^ I hope he doesn't get too much complex from the EID body ^.^

6. That's just because he's one of the very few dolls with a head that is proportionate to his body.

I use a doll stand(it holds onto one leg since I haven't found one big enough for this size doll) and I keep him in a cabinet to keep him out of the light.

7. Am I the only one who's eyes are nearly liquefying from the strong chemical smell from IpleH's EID shoes? Any ideas on how to get rid of the odor? I've tried leaving them out in the open air but after a week of sitting in the garage they still reek! :ablah:

8. Try setting them in a bowl of baking soda. It's pretty good for odors.
      Kitty litter works sometime too.

9. It's not just you, and it's not just the EID shoes -- I have several pairs of Iple shoes and boots for my YID twin girls, and they smell just as bad as the big-boy footwear. I imagine it must be the glues they use in putting them together...

10. DeltaFoxtrotZulu are you the one who post a shirt and pants for Akando, because i can see the same
      desing at the pattern as your avatar. If so thank you very much . I was able to sew him some clothes so he was not nude to long when he arrives. It was my daughter who find the pattern for me. Also, for the doll stand do you use any regular one? like I got a wood based one for msd do you think it is safe enough to use it?

11. To ashburyblu: When you're not standing there staring at him, I'd go with draping him too.

To NataNeko & Grangalop: I bought two of the metal doll stands and combined them for my guy. The stand part fits 20" to 30" dolls and the waist cinch is for "chubby waisted" dolls.

To PamSD: "Baking Soda" Thanks again, perfect, simple and I would have never even considered it.

12. Yeah, thats me. Glad I could help. I've got another pattern I posted in this thread for a duster/trench coat. If I come up with any more I'll add them there too.

I use the simple metal ones you get for like $3 at Micheal's(craft store). He already broke one of them because I tried to pose him too much in it, but they're cheap to replace. I replaced the broken one and picked up an extra just in case.

I was thinking of getting something stronger and taller with a wood base. The main concern I have with stands is his "stance" can be kinda wide and you either need something for the other foot to stand on, or a stand wide enough for both feet. Most doll stands don't seem to take his stance width into account. Might have to make something custom for that.

13. Actually, I pulled him out from under his coverings and looked at him again under different light....he's green.... :(

14. Aw man:...(, trust me when I say there's a lot of real skin IH owners that are quietly screaming every time they read this thread. I'm betting it was the fluorescent lighting. Now I'm wondering what kind of lighting the former owner of the first green Akando had as she was stumped on why he turned green.

Oh, and Pam thanks for the suggestions for the stinky new shoes problem.

15. Well, she'd said that she keep him naked in a corner of her room for several months; I'm thinking that maybe her wall paint had enough reflective property to do it, considering that the head cap, a curved surface at the top, took the hardest hit of dye fading. :( Unless the dye from that second batch was just that unstable... Are there any others from that group of 20 Akandos here on the forum?

16. So it's shaping up that the green guys are all coming from that second batch of 20 when IH extended his sale time? I have two of the Akando/Pierrot sets but no clue which batch either are from. I'm Ryuu's second owner and Nori was a lucky grab of right place right time when someone canceled their order. So far (knocking on an entire forest of wood) my boys are fine. I also have a real skin Luo and he's just as beautiful as he was on his arrival date. But then none of my guys have been exposed to fluorescent lights or direct sunlight since they arrived. Yes we lost all plans for any daylight outdoor photo shoots. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but frankly this is way to much stress waiting for these guys to possibly turn espcially for the amount of cash that we all paid for these guys.

17. I can only speak for the Akando in question. I've heard some Evans are getting green with envy, too, if I'm not mistaken, so who knows what the deal is?

18. I ordered my boy from the second Akando offering.

You know, I understand that they warned us, but to be honest, I'm kind of upset about the amount of $$$$ I spent on a doll that I am now going to have to pay to get airbrushed to make him presentable again. I mean, he wasn't cheap. They should at least give us some sort of small freebie as compensation. It's not like anyone will be lining up to buy second hand green dolls....

Ok, I've vented.... :)

19. hi all,
      i have had the realskin akando for several months now and he looks just fine so far. i keep him in my dining room (which we rarely use) and the curtains closed. but now i am alarmed. i can't sew so i ordered a camo wife-beater t-shirt and nylon pants for him and he looks really great but maybe i will dress him in a potato sack now to keep him from looking like a leprechaun.

20. Mine is now kept draped much of the time, but I'm definitely rethinking the burqa. And I'm now worried that the lights in my room are unsafe.