1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. UV lights are what cause the pigment fading. That means fluorescent lights and good friend the sun. Incandescent bulbs are safe. ^^

2. The problem is I'm not actually sure what kind they are, I've never changed them. There's a yellow cover-thingy over the bulbs but they look like they could possibly be fluorescent. At least I'm moving in two weeks so he can stay covered until then.

3. If I remember correctly the warnings weren't put on the site till after the first case of greening was brought to their attention. Which was after the SE sale. I'd already ordered my SE Evan. :doh I'm trying to be careful, keeping him draped when I'm not around, got some UV-cut on order but it's still worrying.

4. There were actually quite clear warnings when Akando-Pierrot went up, and a disclaimer. So, we have no reason to gripe, except that I guess we wished that it hadn't happened to us...

5. Kaede-chan: Fluorescent bulbs have a bluish or neutral tone to their light, where as incandescent ones have a yellowy cast to them. That's the simplest way to describe the difference.

6. :lol:

Technically, no one said anything about green. ;)

7. Now, Mire Lapin, they did talk about greening in the original information regarding the Akando-Pierrot. I know this as I remember being very puzzled as I had never heard of a doll going green (yellow, yes, green, no). And so I remember thinking that it must have been a translation error. The bit about the green subsequently disappeared, following a question on the Q&A about it, so I thought that confirmed my suspicion that they really meant yellow.

So, I guess that, unless one was amongst the obsessive few who followed the progress of the EIDs from WIP photos to the release of Akando-Pierrot, one wouldn't have known about the possibility of greening. So, yes, they are sort of covered but not quite.

8. It still puts a BIG damper on the joy of owning the real skins. I know I will NEVER buy another real skin from IH; which means no more circus fullsets for me. I love the EID guys but frankly I think they should have done more testing of the resin mix before they started producing. Yellow is one thing over time but green in an afternoon or two is bullshi%. Just the opinion of someone who has 2 real skins living in their boxes and one living in the dark.:(

9. I am with you on that one, madera. It is a real shame and I will not be getting any more realskins, lovely as they are.

10. All in all, it's a real bummer. What is UV-cut?

11. This is kind of scary but has anyone tried staining their EID? Of course I would only do something like that as a last resort, but if the boy is shiny green (which mine is not yet) what could it hurt?
      I know some people have stained or painted their dolls.....
      Just crazy thoughts out of the blue.... or green.... :)

12. They're talking about getting some Mr Super Clear with UC-cut. It's cuts down on UV rays getting to the doll. Though the MSC might yellow a bit, it can be wiped off and reapplied.

13. I'm curious to see how the UV protection works on the Jessica's, though. Red pigment fades in sunlight, virtually no matter which form it takes. I'm anxious to see if it works out enough for more Pierrots and LEs. At least it's not more expensive >>;;;

14. Yeah, I'm familiar with that experiment. UV Cut spray won't do anything, but Iplehouse said they're special ordering some sort of UV resistant resin, and that's why the Pierrot Jessicas are taking two months to even start casting production.

15. On a brighter note, I just wanted to share my Akando heads that were repainted by Alison. They're on their way home now!

[​IMG]

16. Congratulations! They look gorgeous. :D

17. ".... Jessica Pierrot will be manufactured with UV protecting resin.
      We should import this UV protecting resin material from overseas country, but it will be available in the beginning of Aug.
      So, we can manufacture Jessica from the early of Aug.
      Therefore, please kindly understand that it would take 2 months until you will receive the doll from the order...."

I don't know, it's hard to figure out if they found something to put on the resin or in the resin. Either way I would love to see some experiments on her resin once she starts arriving.

18. Wow. I guess I'm glad I just went for basic with my Akando.

I am curious to see if anybody with an irreversably greened doll will consider dyeing him darker like a brown or deep tan? I can't help but think Akando would be SEXY in mocha or chocolate skin, deep brown tones.

19. Some other companies, particularly those that use French resin (Limwha? Narindoll?), have some kind of UV protection with the resin. It might be worth having a look around and seeing how effective that is. If the UV Cut does nothing to stop greening, it does make one wonder how effective UV protected resin will be.