1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. I have one of the Narindoll girls with the UV protected french resin and she hasn't yellowed at all within the year and a half that she's lived with me. I believe it definetely makes a difference, as I have one of the earlier Narae's as well (without the protectant) and she has changed color.

2. My Akando Special Edition just shipped. :whee: If I'm lucky (and he travels as quickly as my Luo Strongman did), he'll be here by Friday. :celebrate

3. On the subject of yellowing/greening, I keep my Luo (brown skin) and will be keeping my Akando (real skin), along with all my other dolls, in my bedroom. I work graveyard shift, so my bedroom has thick blackout curtains over the single window, and trust me, almost NO light gets in there, even in the middle of the day. I also don't have much lighting in my apartment (symptom of the night shift schedule - I don't like light all that much), and the few table lights that I do have in my bedroom (which aren't near the dolls) are rarely on. And I never turn on my heat, even in the middle of the winter - I just put on extra layers of clothing if I'm cold. And there are no weird chemicals in my apartment, especially since I have a sensitive cat.

All that said, if either of my EID boys starts turning colors, I'm gonna be pissed. If the dolls can't stay normal in those kinds of conditions, then something about the resin mix is very much so not right.

4. FWIW, I also have one of the UV-stabilized French resin Naraes -- a tan one, no less: she was a second-hand rose found here on the Marketplace, but I have not yet seen any discoloration in the time I've had her, and comparing her to the reference photos on Dollfair's site she does not seem to have discolored at all in the year-and-a-half since she was made.

5. Good to know that it's possible :O Here's to hoping.

6. That is reassuring about the UV-protected resin. However, it is a shame that Ip didn't think of this before releasing their first realskin dolls. Ah well. Better late than never, I guess.

7. My Akando arrived safely this morning! Fast shipping - he only hit the mail on Monday!

It's a shame that Iplehouse didn't think to include the UV-stabilizer in their earlier real skin casts. I'll have the SE Akando and a Pierrot Jessica here, so I'll be able to compare the two real skins to see if there's any difference in texture, translucency, color, or behavior (yellowing) over time.

8. My mom went to Gap and bought some baby shoes size 2. One pair looks too much like baby shoes but the other pair looks more like adult shoes and it fits Akando really well.:lol:

edit: here is the link to the shoes in case you're interested. altough she got them for 3$, not 19.50$

9. do you have a photo on the boy!
      LOL

10. [​IMG]
      I got my NS basic Akando!! His name is Donovan. He's a character of mine I've had for years.

11. Which size did she buy them in please? Oop, nevermind, you said size 2 . Thanks, that's good to know! My boy needs some modern shoes as well as his medieval boots!

12. [​IMG]
      If you don't mind you could go to a second hand clothes store and look for them. I have paid mine 2$ it is lot cheaper than new one .Anyway how could a little baby could had used it to much

13. Please remember that this is not a general photo sharing thread. If you are posting a picture to answer a question about the doll as a part of the discussion that's fine but general owner photo sharing should be posted in the Gallery and then linked to from here.

Thanks!

14. Also, I'm pretty sure that changing the laces for less thick one (not sure if its the right word in this case) could make them more like adult shoes:)

15. size comparison...

L-R
      Akando...Mecha Angel Sabik...SD16 Volks...Dollmore Kyle 70cm
      Oh...did I mention the up coming Meet up is a summer party?
      Hence the swim wear.
      [​IMG]

16. Hi everybody! I have a question, did the smiling akando head only come in real skin? Thanks ^_^

17. Yes, only the real skin, with the Pierrot Akando.

18. Hey guys silly question here but I have come to the realisation that Akando is the perfect boy to make my favourite character Sarge but I'm just wondering the Super Hero body that Iplehouse has in the basics section is that standard for the Akando model? I need him to be large and masculine to be my character so wanted to check before I start saving up for him.

Forgive this newbie for her stupid questions.
      Arcane.