1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. Yes, they only offer the one body for Akando and the rest of the guys now. It's the Super Hero type. They are supposed to come out with a thinner version of the EID body later, but for now there is only the one type.

2. Excellent. That means I have found the perfect doll then. Thank you so much! *dances off to find things to sell to save up for him* :fangirl:

3. If you get a real skin keep him out of the sun and away from anything but regular old fashioned light bulbs or he'll change color on you.

4. Has anyone been to IH site today?? Am I seeing things?? It looks like they will have ANOTHER EID Special Sept 2 - Sept 22 for Akando, Evan, Luo, Kamau & Gentle Akando. Really? I wrote them the other day to see if they'd have more special edition JID and they told me not this year so maybe this is why .. they're concentrating on the bigger dolls - more men choices for Jessica perhaps. :)

5. I read it. I hate to say it but I'm never buying another real skin doll from them. That's far too much money to toss around with the possibilities that their testing of the new additives isn't telling us the entire story on solving the turning green problem. I'm sticking to the normal skin or white skin. At least you can keep them out on display and take them out for photo shoots.

6. You make a very good point - I would be sick if I paid that much for a doll only to have it turn on me eventually. Those guys sure are gorgeous, though - best men dolls out there IMO.

7. I, too, had to take a 2nd (and 3rd) glance at those Special Edition EID's being RE-released (Sept. 2-22). I wasn't expecting that at all.
      I regret that I didn't get RS Special Edition JID "Amy" I because she's my fave JID....esp. in RS. Coincidentally-- just today-- I just asked-- OK, "begged"-- them to re-release Special Ed. RS Amy again. Only later did I see your post about them being released next year. Well, we can still hope they release them sooner. I mean so many are asking for RS Vito, Jerome and Joshua.

8. WHoa, am I missing something? Is there some post mentioning RS IP dolls turning green!? I don't have time to read all these boards, but I have my share of RS guys. I'm worried now about the "green" problem. Where is that post about the "additive testing"?

9. One person's Akando turning green as the Hulk is what started the realization that sunlight or fluorescent lights turned the first real skin batches green. Some fab members ran some test long before Iplehouse got off their backsides. Now all three of my RS guys are living in their boxes. I did have one of my Akando's out and in a display but it got to be such a hassle making sure that no sunlight was in his area and that no one turned on the wrong type of lights or put in the wrong type of bulb in the lights allowed in my den. :...( Now Iple says the've pretty much solved the problem. Frankly I don't have another $1000 to throw at them and risk finding out that they are wrong. I'm sticking to the normal skin or white skin; at least they age decently.

Here's the testing link here at DoA:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298408

Iple has their test result at their site.

10. Madera- Thank you for your thorough explanation even though it's not what I wanted to hear.
      Now, I'm really worried, as I, too, have the earlier RS guys: Akando, Evan and Luo. Mine are displayed out on my our (unused) pool table in a room that gets sunlight, but NOT direct sunlight on my dolls. I'm supposing that's not good enough because sunlight is sunlight-- direct or indirect. Great :doh.
      It's 2 AM now, but I'll definitely read that link you gave me-- in depth. Would UV protection application do any good? No, I have no idea how to do something as "simple" as that without fear of "ruining" my doll, but I would be glad to send him to an expert who does know what they're doing.
      Thanks, again....for "enlightening" me.

11. Vita Luna: UV Protection sprays don't stop the sun from bleaching the red pigments, unfortunately.

As far as your dolls on display goes, figure how much time they've spent there and if they've changed color at all. The one incident with the EID going HULK SMASH, while not the only greening incident, seems to be an isolated incident in so far as just HOW green he got and under what conditions. So, if yours have been as they are for several weeks, for example, and you've noticed no change, I wouldn't fret too much. :) Maybe put them in their box for a while every now and again just to lessen their potential exposure.

For what it's worth, I've seen what can happen to a WS doll after 2 days in the sun, and I haven't worried too much about hiding her yet. Heck, if you have an extra piece of resin from your RS boys, such as the joint cover piece for the wrist, maybe stick it outside for a while and see what happens to it and how quickly? There's no telling what will happen between batches, so you're better off seeing just what will happen with YOUR boys' resin. :)

12. I have a real skin Akando SE and a brown skin Luo Strongman, and I've got a real skin Jessica Pierrot on layaway right now. Only Jessica will have the UV-protect additive in her resin. I keep all my dolls stored in an area that gets NO sunlight (my bedroom - I have blackout curtains, because I work graveyard shift) and very, very little artificial light (I just don't turn my lights on in that room very often), but now I'm feeling a bit paranoid about them. I think I might hang blackout curtains from the ceiling in front of the bookcase and china cabinet I keep my dolls in, to prevent light from reaching them even when I do turn the lights on. Phooey.

13. I'm wondering if this re-release of the special editions is -because- of the additive. Sadly, I can't afford to replace my RS Akando, but if they do this again in the future, I will keep my eye on one.

14. Just to change the subject, if anyone was looking for a lady friend for an EID, the Spiritdoll girls are just the right height and degree of realism. Unfortunately, the Daffodil head on this one looked too young and stylized, so we swapped it for a Cocori. The resin match was perfect. However, I suspect that one of the older-looking Spritdoll babes would suit very well.

[​IMG]

And, has anyone seen that Ip have now brought out their legendary biker jacket for the EIDs? Hurrah! Having had one of these in Hound size, I can attest to how well made it is and how awesome it looks on. Why do they keep doing this to us? *sighs over empty wallet*

15. BTW, where did you get those pants and dogtag for your boy?

16. Thanks Eliz-Rivenstar! Yes, my biker boy will get to wear his biker jacket at last! Now I just need a 1/3 scale Triumph Bonneville...

The trousers are from the Ip site, with the blue straps taken off. And the dogtags were from eBay. There seem to a lot of them about, if you search for "mini dog tags".

17. IP said they will update more EID outfit soon...so, I'll keep an eye on their update this week.~

18. Dollmore also has dog tags on their site.

19. OMG, thanks for whoever started this thread! I am keeping a very close eye on those Iple EID super hero male dolls because I am going to attempt to get the new Akando that Iple sposedly is releasing at the end of this month. ^^ I read about these dolls turning "green" and stuff, it's got me a bit worried because I don't have THAT much money to be flinging about. O_O Is that something I should worry about? I just want the "normal" white skinned Akando, not the "real" skin one.
      Anyways, I will check this thread often to see what everyone is talking about. :) Awesome! I'm excited. X3 More than likely I will think up of more questions to post here regarding the Iplehouse dolls soon!