1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse 70cm EID Akando Discussion Part 3

Jul 15, 2009

1. Shoko86, then I guess you don't own an extremely expensive LE doll that the manufacturers warned not to expose to bright light for prolonged periods, so you didn't, only to find that it was going green anyway. I have to admit to being quite upset about this.

2. I respect your opinion. :)

You own one EID. Now after your SE Akando (Pliskin) turns pea freaking green come back and tell us how you feel then. I have 3 real skin LE EIDs that may or may not turn green. I expected fading, yellowing and jacked up blushing after a few YEARS not a few weeks or months and no one said dick about green. When I slam down $1300 for a product I expect that product to at least be displayable without having to have it living in a pitch black cave while I wait for it to go sour. So ya, I'm not happy and if someone would have warned me that these guys were going green I wouldn't have purchased the real skin and gone with the normal skin instead. That's my opinion.

3. This isn't an attack, it's just from a different point of view. These dolls has a lot of flaws even for their price. I bought my SE Akando knowing that he will have a chance of turning green, (tan dolls always has a higher chance of turning green or what not) if he does, that's that. Sure I'll be pissed, but hey.. it was my choice to buy him knowing the risk. I don't expect a lot from promises companies makes.. cuz in the pass a lot of them have been broken. I understand the whole throwing out more than 1k for a doll and expecting it to be damn near perfect, but hey crap happens you know.

BTW correct me if Im worng.. but... the only Real Skin doll to turn green in a short amount of time was that one Akando from a while back right? Were there more?

4. You are entitled to your point of view Shoko86 and have every right to express it. However, please don't be surprised if it we respond strongly to it, as this is quite an emotional issue for some of us.

Yes, there are more Akando's turning green. Mine, for example. And I know of at least one other that has started to turn, in spite of us having looked after them as well as is practicable. So, this is something that is a potential issue for all owners of RS EIDs, even the UV protected ones, if Ip's and Twigling's experiments are anything to go by.

And do understand that we do not expect our dolls to be perfect. We have all kvetched a little about the poor sitting and the strange knee and elbow joints, but put up with these things as a quirk if the sculpt that can be got around. However, a beautiful tan doll that turns green from normal, careful play is far less easy to stomach, and far less easy to ignore.

So, I will make no apology for making what you seee is a big deal about this. To me, it is a pretty big deal and one for which I wish to find a solution.

5. MadamMauMau, don't take this personally. I don't think an apology is needed from either side. I understand, it is a big deal, and a devastating one with all that money involved. However, It's been known for a long time that tan dolls has a higher chance of discoloration. It's been happening since the first tan doll. I would wish for doll companies to fix this issue too you know. But for now, it is what it is. I bought one for their SE regardless. It was a choice I made, I decided to take that risk. If my doll turns green, yeah, I'll be devastated, but I knew there was a chance of it happening. Im just saying you know, I do my homework before I decide to wipe out 1k for something I want.

6. Many are pissed because they did not know before they bought because they were the first buyers for the EID's. I tend to be the sort of person that expects that the company does the homework and product testing before selling. But I too bought one that was already green and got him airbrushed....only way I could afford such a wonderful looking boy...we all love these guys (just not the resin they are made from).

BTW, mine is now home and I will take photos of him later for those who wish to see a green guy gone brown with airbrushing...

7. Madammaumau, is that greening below the collarbones on your boy or is that just blushing?

8. Sorry to jump in, but to Shoko;
      From what I've read (and that's not a lot, so sorry if I misunderstood something), the people in this thread are mad because their real-skins are turning green after a few months even with little to no sun exposure (correct me if I'm wrong). Tan dolls from other companies have been known to turn green, but usually under much more extraneous situations or after years. The buyers of IH's real-skin, or at least some of them, probably knew that tan dolls yellow/green with time or a lot of sun exposure, but the shock is that it's happening so soon.

9. Did IP's Tan/Lt Tan go Hulk this quiickly? o_O

10. I could be wrong, I don't actually own one and I can't remember exactly when they were released. :sweat

It most certainly hasn't been that long though.

11. About a year? I think I've had mine about that long, at least. They began turning a handful of months ago, though, so it's not just beginning now.

12. Twigling, yes that is part of the greening, but you can see more of the colour cast on the top of his deltoids. It is SO difficult to catch it on camera and all this looks like is fading. In real life it is not. It is green. I wonder how difficult it is going to be to convince Ip that subtly greened dolls are actually green.

13. No, I can see it under the hand there. It's the same as my samples.. I'm sure it will be hard to capture on camera, because it does kinda look like blushing!! Might have to adjust the images in photoshop (or even send Iple a sample that they can return along with the replacement doll), but I know what I am seeing with my own eyes at home here, and it's not good. I have explained to hubby that if he's going to open the curtains he has to cover my realskin doll, the others I am not so worried about.

14. It's really a shame those RS dolls are turning green. :( I bought my NS Akando only weeks before they first sold the SE Akandos and Evans. Could have kicked myself then for not waiting a little longer to get a nice tanned pirate instead of a pale one ...

I dunno, how stable is the NS resin anyways? I got my Morgan sitting on broad daylight all day long and either I'm turning paranoid or he's already starting to yellow. His hands, e.g., that get full exposure. Might be a trick of the eye. Might not. Gonna check thoroughly. Maybe it's not only the "greening" ones but a problem with red pigments in general?

15. No, a friend of mine has an NS Akando and he is starting to mellow, and quite quickly. However, it is quite a pleasant colour change. The sharp edge of that pink is fading and turning into a more subtle peach. I would be happy with that (and in fact am as I shall be ordering a NS Jessica today). I don't think the fading on the NS is substantially worse than any other company's, such as Dollmore.

16. I have an IP Aaron and a LE Hip Hop Cocori in the DARK tan here in the house...they were made in 2006.

SIX ! ! ! ! They are THREE years old and have NO color change at all.
      They hve sat for days at a time with full exposure to light coming through windows sometimes directly on them.
      There was in issue with the MSC going foggy on some of them but my Cocori hasn't even shown any signs of that.

If they can make that beautiful dark African skin color stable why the heck can't they get this right?
      What happened? Did they change chemists?
      Or maybe the question is...Why would they use French Resin when they KNOW it is not color stable?

AND...Volks tan is stable...my Ruby's color has NOT changed after two years with normal everyday exposure to light.
      She sits in the living room most of her days.

I think this experiment with french/regular resin went wrong and they are scrambling to catch up and repair the damage to their reputation. Word is spreading fast that the tan is unstable and sales are down. I and others made ourselves wait for Jessica because of it. With the world economy the way it is right now and so many dolls to choose from, both new and resale, they need to fix this problem if they want their market share. Customers are getting more and more picky about where their big dolly dollars go. Add to that the fact that they are notorious for flat out lying to customers about what dolls they are going to release. How many times have I read the word "No" from IP in a response to a question, only to have them release THAT doll just weeks later? I can only blame the language barrier so many times before just assuming they are lying and then having to wait and see.

IP has lots of damage control to do here. I distinctly remember them blaming the owner of the first green doll for mishandling her doll (not exactly good customer relations) only to have them back pedal and go hunting for a more stable resin. They added a warning to the colored doll pages but why produce a $1000 doll that the owner can't display or play with because it must live in a box? What's is the point?

Ok...I see I have begun to ramble. This is what I get for typing before caffeine. ...but reading back I see that I am kinda upset about the whole thing and my Akando is NS ! !

17. Yeah, just checked him - there's a considerable difference in the colour of his hands between the parts that are exposed to sun and those that aren't. Hm, maybe I should turn him to sit facing the other way so the other half of his face yellows, too, and it's even-coloured again. *lol* I don't really mind, though. I always thought he was a bit on the pink side for a pirate.

There doesn't seem to be any colour change at all to my Unidoll Ark, though. He's been sitting around in broad daylight even longer than Akando (got him almost a year earlier and he used to sit around bare-chested until I finally had managed to get some clothes for him that fit). Well, he looked quite yellow to start with. Kinda cream-coloured, so any yellowing might not be as obvious with him.

18. That's a shame. o_O And hell, I put my WS foot part out in the sun and after just two days the red pigment disappeared. (she's from 2009) I should probably give her a full inspection at some point since I leave her out.... Anyway... I officially have nothing left to say on this whole issue now that more Hulks are springing up slowly but surely... Except my condolences. I had way distant far off future plans for a RS, so may haps by then they'll have figured out a more stable formula, but until then, as they say, vote with your wallets. :\

Good luck, all of you.

19. I think I'm pretty much done too. I'm not replacing my real skins with normal skins on that 60% deal. Feels too much like throwing good money after bad. I have older dolls from other companies that I've gotten from the Market place and none of them are going green or fading like a bad dream and they are out on display 24/7. None of the other dolls I purchased directly from any other company are greening or fading like these disasters from IH. Nor does IpleHouse seem inclined to stop producing dolls in the resins that are reacting so badly to early aging until they figure out what the problem is. I understand a business needs to make money but come on; shoveling out a product you know has problems is just wrong.

And to top it off like PamSD said: they say one thing then do another. I'm glad she wrote what she did because I was beginning to wonder if it was just me and newbie stupidity. I wouldn't have two full set Akando/Pierrots now if IH had told the truth when I asked before I bought the dolls if they would ever be releasing Akando in real skin again or ever release the gentle smiling head again and they said no. I purchased under the supposition that the head and skin combo would never be offered again and if I wanted it I'd better grab em. My bad. So I'm putting it down to an expensive lesson. I'll prolly end up putting the Akando/Pierrot and Luo that I've never taken out of their boxes up for sale and just keep the other Akando/P set since I bought him second hand and I love his custom face ups. I love the EIDs but if I don't put up with high maintenance people that cause me stress why would I put up with a doll that does? I'm going to go over and start learning to love the whole face plate thing with Soom's new beefy guy. ;)

20. on a new EID subject...

I am experimenting with a MNM head on my Akando body...
      Since this head was way to big for my Unidoll bod...
      What do we think?

MNM Jeremy Northam head...drilled and fitted...There is a distinct color difference seen by the camera that is not quite so noticeable IRL.
      [​IMG]

the beginnings of blushing...these are taken night time w/flash...need to take more in natural light tomorrow.
      Do you think he needs more stubble shading to help hide the color difference?
      [​IMG]

He will be my biker/pirate/cowboy model.
      I might need to make him some tattoo sleeves.
      [​IMG]

I guess the real question is do you think this is a good fit? or am I fooling myself?