1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse B.I.D. Baby discussion part 9

Jul 7, 2016

1. Uminari - such a great photo!

Some of my girls spent the day reading. After all, it was 'International Children's Books Day' today.....
      [​IMG]

2. Naias is trying on her Easter outfit to see if it fits. Just the right outfit for next weekend!

[​IMG]

3. She's so cute!

My Efreet and Erzulie got a big sister this week - LB Angela - and it snowed again....
      [​IMG]

4. Such darling pictures...Uminari, Therese52 and MB Lilac.♥

I'm having a difficult time making up my mind between Glow Skin resin and the regular resin. Would love to hear your opinions on the pros and cons of each.:) Thanks so much for your help!

#185 1930sgirl, Apr 11, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    5. I guess Glow skin is a personal preference, and maybe it makes more of a difference with the larger dolls. I know I won't be ordering it again. My Isis (JID 'I") is Glow Real skin, whereas the two BIDs are regular Real skin. When she arrived, along with a regular RS BID, I couldn't honestly tell the difference. But my face up artist said the difference becomes a bit more noticeable after spraying with sealer, and that the GLOW resin is nicer to paint.
      [​IMG]

6. Thank you for your opinion...I appreciate the help.☺ I just love your photography and dolls.♥

7. Thanks!

I ordered my Erzulie and Efreet a 'Mom'. They are all light brown, but the two little ones are the original LB with the French resin, and Benny is the current LB, which is a completely different colour....
      [​IMG]

8. Wow...yes, they sure are a different color resin. Thanks for the heads up! My BID Linda is in regular resin, normal skin. She is a completely different color from the older NS resin. I guess, Iplehouse has changed some of their color formulas over the years. What is your favorite Iplehouse resin color?

9. i find that their normal resin tends to yellow (or mellow) rather quickly. I bought a NS Bono back when she first came out, to be a little sister for my NS Lonnie. But when she arrived Bono was so pale and pink that the two didn't really go together colour wise at all. But after about a year Bono was the same mellow yellow as Lonnie.

Heres' a picture of Holly (Bono) when she was brand new, with Bonnie, who was just over a year old at the time. Quite a difference in colour back then. But now Holly is the same.
      [​IMG]
      My favourite resin colour is Real skin, and then Normal and light brown. I'm not a fan of the Peach Gold at all, as it makes all my Real skin dolls look 'green' when they are beside each other. Plus, to me the colour suggests 'cheap plastic doll'. But many other people love the colour, and Iplehouse tends to introduce all their new sculpts in that colour. So to each his own.

10. My Linda
      [​IMG]

11. I'm so enjoying all the photos on this page!

My little Elin (Holly) is ready to hunt for some Easter eggs.:daisy

[​IMG]Looking for eggs by luluna33, on Flickr

12. at the time Iplehouse lost access to 'french resin' to add... they stated that white and normal did not use french and wer unaffected by the change in resin formula. The only change 'now' is the addition of 'glow' formual to these two colors... the regular remains the same. As MBL says it's most likely due to 'natural mellowing' for differnces between new dolls and dolls a bit older.

13. Thanks again...I really appreciate the input.:) Your dolls and photography is adorable!

14. Thank you, Lady Tiku.☺

15. She's so sweet! It's amazing how different each doll can look with a different face-up. My Linda is also normal skin, but she has a custom Iplehouse face-up, so she looks quite different. Love this wig on your girl...it's perfect for her.♥

16. [​IMG] [​IMG] My NS Linda.☺ I am not happy with her custom Iplehouse face-up...it lacks depth and definition...just too "flat". I intend to get her a new face-up. Still playing with her look...not sure of this wig, but I do like the Dollshe eyes.

17. [​IMG] Sorry...don't know what happened to my first photo.

18. [​IMG]
      Ellia got a new make-up (BID Anne B). I like it much more than her previous one (Ellia A). I prefer her more natural lips now, as well as stronger eye make-up and eye brows. I think, she looks more like Elin with the new make-up.

I love to see all the Lindas!

#199 Eilidh, Apr 17, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    19. She's just lovely!♥ Wish I could still purchase this adorable outfit from Iplehouse.