1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse B.I.D. Baby discussion part 9

Jul 7, 2016

1. Thanks a lot! It's a great pleasure to get feedback from a person who helped me much in sewing for my dolls:) I love your patterns and tutorials :)

Yes, some IH BID heads would suit bigger bodies, FI I wish I had their new BID Cherie as KID as well, as her face doesn't look like baby's to me

2. You're welcome! I'm glad you find my patterns and Tutorials helpful.

I love your idea of turning Byuri into a KID. My Byuri would love a big sister like that too. But I don't know about having to order a KID and a BID, and having them switch bodies.

Anyways, today is the anniversary of my Nami's arrival.....
      [​IMG]

3. Merry Christmas from some of my kids! Have a Happy New Year, everyone!

[​IMG]

4. They certainly look festive, all in red and white

5. That's awesome! I love her like this! Is it hard to put her head on a KID body?

6. thank you :) I'm glad that my experiment got so much attention. Actually, as I told, it got more money resiurses (to buy both BID doll + KID body) rather than modding itself. No more than one hour of measured work with one knife and sandpaper. I didn't do the photo of precess unfortunately but there was nothing hard, really:)

here is one of my fav photos of hers
      [​IMG]IMG_8378 by Julia Duches91, on Flickr

7. My Elin received a parcel, with a doll, in the mail from one of her aunties the other day.....
      [​IMG]

8. I've just ordered my first BJD - Bono. I've been searching DoA and I'm not having luck: I'm looking for a stand for her. Can anyone please recommend one?

9. I use the small Kaiser type stands, but look for them at doll shows, so can't really recommend a source.

My dolls enjoying the Lego they got for Christmas....
      [​IMG]

10. Received my first BJD yesterday: BID Bono. She's here at work with me.

The dress and leggings I made from @MB Lilac patterns fit her fine! I meant to order faceup A but ordered B instead. I'm bummed about that. I think B looks sad (I think it's the eyebrows). She's wearing her default eyes, and the pupils are huge! The color is a dark teal, so her eyes right now almost look black. Can't wait to try the new ones I bought from Iple.

[​IMG]

11. Congratulations! Your very first BJD! I'm sure she won't be your last. These little dolls need friends, and sibling, then parents, and on and on.

The Bono sculpt does tend to look a bit sad, and if you think it's her eyebrows, then just cover them with her bangs. I agree that the 12 mm eyes fill their eyeholes much too much. I personally prefer 10 mm so there's more whites showing.

My Holly is currently enjoying art classes....
      [​IMG]

12. Yes, I have a JID Cordelia on the way, already! Should get her in about two weeks. Re. eyes, I just replaced them with the glass ones and they are soooo much better! Honestly, the pupils in the pair they supplied made her look like an opioid junkie haha!

Holly is a very talented little lady!

Here are the new eyes... Much better -- but they don't match!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm disappointed that her head doesn't tilt back so I can pose her looking up at me. Are all BJDs like this? Just the BIDs? Or Iplehouse? Very curious.

#352 Bundles, Mar 14, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2018
    13. Her head should be able to tilt back, but maybe not as far as you had imagined. I find that it helps if you also bend her back at the torso joint, then she will be able to look up higher.

It takes a bit to get used to a particular doll and how they pose. They are all different, and they all have their limitations. It's just a matter of practicing to get them to do what you want. Although some poses are impossible.

Maybe not the best picture since it's from the side, but here I've posed my Bono looking up as high as she can, with a combination of her head tilted up, and her torso joint bent as well....
      [​IMG]

14. Oh thank you, the torso move helps! I can change my angle a bit and she's looking up at me. I've got a lot to learn. :-)

15. I bought a bordy on eBay but she's still in the box. Where did you getvtge wig...more of the style I was envisioning for her...

16. Introducing Effie, my little Addiction Efreet with the fangs filed down. I thought I'd take a gamble hoping she make a versatile character for some of my stories....
      [​IMG]

17. Wow! That's quite a new look! Gives a whole newcattitude towards her. Very nice.

18. Thanks! I personally like the older sculpts, as they are all so unique, and had seen one modded Addiction Efreet before, so thought I'd take a chance. Her modding and face up are by my friend Charie Wilson.

19. I purchase wooden adjustable saddle type doll stands for my BID dolls from two different sellers on Etsy. Phase3Now (left side of photo) makes an all wood stand and Onestreasures (right side of photo and with BID doll) makes a wood base with a metal post and saddle. Both are wonderful!

[​IMG]

20. Effie really has so much animation in her expression! Her eyes sparkle and she is just about to speak.