1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse B.I.D. Baby discussion part 9

Jul 7, 2016

1. Arike, I love the pony tail wig you made for your Ennie...it's so realistic! I don't know why, but I never seem to see wigs in this style and yet most every little girl wears a pony tail now and then.

2. I don't mind making the hard caps at all. I just wrap the head in plastic foil, cut small pieces of gauze and glue them on. I've got quite a lot of experience with paper mache, so it feels like an easy task ;)

I can't wait to see all your wigs you are preparing to make! You are so good at styling them, especially for the males. They may be hard to make, but look gorgeous in your photos <3

Lucky indeed with the mohair supply. I recently purchased some unprocessed angora mohair from a local seller for a very good price. Now I just need to gather the courage to actually clean, comb and dye it. I've never done it before and I am rather scared that I will ruin the hair - I've read that you need water of certain temperature and some other products to clean the hair unless it looses it shine and so on... But I really want to finally have it processed and dyed so I can start making more wigs :)

Aww, thank you so much! :hug: It's true there are close to none "genuine" ponytail wigs! I've mostly seen regular short wigs with ponytail as an extension. I've always wanted a high-ponytail wig for Ennie, since she has phases of being more tomboy than girly and ponytails are much more practical than loose hair when climbing trees and such :wiggle

3. I've never heard of the mohair losing it's shine, but water temperature is very important. Not so much the actual temperature, but that it's consistent. It's very important to use a consistent water temperature - I'd suggest lukewarm. If there are sudden extreme difference in the water temperature, then the mohair will 'felt' and become useless.

I just use my own shampoo and rinse once I've made a wig, and sometimes hair gel to help hold the style - especially the ones for guys - although never on the actual doll's head. I've also dyed a wig using just some regular hair colouring (Miss Clairol or similar) Mohair is a natural product, so will take hair dye the same as human hair. But again, it's important to use consistent water temperature.

No, there are no real ponytail wigs out there. Even the 'pigtails' wigs are often just a short bob with two extensions on the sides, and not true pigtails. I think for either style one would need a hard cap wig base, and apply the hair mostly just around the outside edges, much like the old Barbies

4. Thanks for the info, Martha! I double checked the info I found and it looks like it probably wasn't about angora mohair, which is what I am using. The tutorial stated that you have to wash the "mohair" in nearly boiling water and with some special soaps, because you have to get rid of the grease, lanolin, or else it oxidizes, making the fibre matte and sticky. Fortunatelly, I found multiple websites that say there is no lanolin in angora or alpaca mohair. So I guess I will just follow the steps you provided with a smaller batch and will see how it looks :)

Right, that's exactly what I had to do with Ennie's wig - apply the hair inside the wig cap just around the edge, and then flip it over to make the "combed" look :3nodding:

5. Most of my girls went to Effie's party, where they got to try hit a piñata.....
      [​IMG]

6. That was a fun party! A lot of candies for the girls, your photos as an eye-candy for us :)

7. Martha can you tell me what size the sandals are that your little girl is wearing.

8. I'm not sure, since it's been a while since I ordered any. So I measured the soles of a pair, and they measure 37 mm. It's smaller than what I normally order for closed shoes for these dolls, but then the sole doesn't stick out way in front.

Also just a heads up that Affordable Designs has all their mini crocs on sale this month for just $3 a pair.

9. Thank you Martha!
      I saw that and placed an order which arrived recently. They are such cute little crocs.

10. Ringo reading to his kitty....
      [​IMG]

11. I decided to sew a few outfits for my Iplehouse BID dolls. Naias claimed one of the outfits to model.

[​IMG]

#451 Therese52, Apr 1, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    12. I just gave my realskin tan Elin a faceup, but it is dark out now so I will have to wait to take her picture. I only used pastels and watercolor pencil this time.

13. My Ringo got an older brother the other day.....
      [​IMG]
      He's a boy KID Daisy

14. Anyone else here own Mo-A? I got her at the Christmas sale and she just arrived home today. I thought I would share her as I don't think I've seen another one on the boards, unless I missed her.
      [​IMG]New Little Girl by wizgerg3, on Flickr

15. she's lovely!... she is a long range plan of mine. the other look iple has for her... it just screamed Yur and Leonard's little girl to me but this girl is too cute! so is her dress.

16. Finally got around to taking a picture of my Elin on the new body, I can see the flaws I made when doing her faceup, hubby thinks she turned out cute anyway:frownyblush:

[​IMG]DSCN0988

17. Your Brodie is the cutest Bordy I've ever seen!

18. I lurk in this thread a lot because you all have the most amazing photography skills! I am jealous lol

@JinCIncy , shes lovely! Moa is such an underrated sculpt :)

Here is my Coco. Shes been laying around the last couple years waiting for a new faceup after I modded her mouth.
      [​IMG]

19. @MB Lilac It's been a while since I visited this thread and I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the beautiful photos, expecially yours Martha, you are a genius at posing your dolls and a wizard with the camera!! :D