1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse B.I.D. Baby discussion part 9

Jul 7, 2016

1. I already want another, I’m surprised I waited until she got here before ordering a second. I just have to figure out which one. Do you know how often they make new or limited bid?

2. They don't make new sculpts very often, and then they usually go into their Limited section, which only opens up during their Events. All available BIDs - including the Limiteds and the four Elemental Guardians - are offered in Doll Choice every other month, but it costs more to get them there. However when they have an Event they usually offer Doll Choice at Basic prices, so that's the best time to get any of the BIDs that aren't in Basic. Unless of course if you really can't wait, Doll Choice is open all May.

A few of my girls throwing a birthday party for Eeyore.....
      [​IMG]
      From left: Erzulie, Addiction Efreet (with fangs filed off), Chloe, Bono, Naias

3. Thank you for the info @MB Lilac, I will look at the doll choice options towards the end of the month! I want to do it now but I have two other dolls from different companies on order and I told myself I’d wait a little while.

4. @NineOneThree - It seems Iple makes new BIDs (or KIDs) sculpts around the Winter Holidays. At least. :)

5. @MB Lilac, what size eyes do you have on yours?

@luluna, I thought that might be the case, I might wait for an event or new sculpt.

6. It depends, since not all BIDs take the same size eyes. I don't care for the huge eyes Iplehouse puts in their dolls. The irises fill the eye holes way too much and make them look like 'aliens' - esp when they have the darker eyes - so I always replace them with a size smaller than whatever Iple puts in them. Most of the older BID sculpts come with 12 mm eyes, so that means going down to a 10. I've not purchased any of the newer sculpts after Bono, except for Judith, so can't say what they take.

7. I’m ordering custom eyes for bono and thought I would go with 10. Like you said the iris on the eyes they come with is too big.

8. I see the basic price is lower than it was when I ordered in February but doesn’t look to be a sale or promotion, it’s only a $11 difference though.

9. They probably made a currency value adjustment. They will periodically raise or lower their prices if the value of the US dollar changes too much.

10. That makes sense, it’s good they adjust the price like that I think.

11. Two of my kids - Eric and Nyssa - went kite flying with their Dad and baby sister recently....

[​IMG]

12. @MB Lilac - Ooohhh love the flying kites! :XD:

13. Thanks. I made them from paper with long thin wire attached, so the bottom ends can be stuck into the ground. But it was very windy, and they kept blowing all over the place. It would have worked better if it hadn't been quite so windy, but I was on a time crunch to get the photos taken.

14. I saw some of your pictures on the iplehouse website before I joined here, I really love the costumes and sets you make for them.

I got Bono’s new wig last week but I was disappointed with how long the fringe is and overall length. I’ve been trying to style it but it’s not working out so I finally cut it. I can’t wait for her new eyes so I can take better pictures and share her new look!

15. @NineOneThree - Thanks. Making costumes and taking photos is what these dolls are all about for me.

Yes, that is disappointing. I had a wig like that (from Iplehouse) which I ended up trimming the bangs, but it never looked good on anyone - until my second Bono arrived.....
      [​IMG]

16. My Bono looks similar, brown hair and green eyes. She still has her alien eyes, the new ones are not here yet but wanted to show her new wig. I cut it very conservatively for now, I might trim it a bit more when I have time and I’m not tired. Just a phone pic, which makes her look a little different than reality.

[​IMG]

#556 NineOneThree, May 13, 2021
      Last edited: May 13, 2021
    17. I find many of the longer wigs just have way too much hair for these little dolls. I personally like to put short wigs in all mine. My other Bono has short curly red hair....
      [​IMG]

18. It’s true long wigs can be overwhelming on a doll meant to be a young child. This one is still a little too much but the angle and the phone camera makes her hair look bigger than reality. I need to take pictures with my camera but I was waiting until I get her new eyes.

edited to add a photo with my camera, this shows how my phone distorts proportions. Still no new eyes but I wanted to practice photographing small dolls when I had time, I’m used to larger subjects so it is more difficult than I thought.
      [​IMG]

#558 NineOneThree, May 13, 2021
      Last edited: May 14, 2021
    19. I’m deciding on my next b.i.d and I was hoping I could find pictures comparing the skin tones. I’m thinking of getting one in normal skin next but I’m not sure how that looks next to a doll with peach gold skin. I’ve seen samples and parts but can’t find a picture of two complete dressed dolls with wigs and eyes.