1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse B.I.D. Baby discussion part 9

Jul 7, 2016

1. I'm terrible at naming anything, so all my dolls keep their sculpt names, unless the sculpt has a dumb name (like Bono), or it's the wrong sex, or I have more than one of a sculpt.

Here's two who actually got new names, because they are both duplicates....Cookie and Olivia, baking cookies with Lonnie...
      [​IMG]

2. I only have one doll that kept her sculpt name (my very first bjd), but I have learned over the years not to choose a name until they arrive because it almost always gets rejected. So, I keep a list of "potential names" instead.

I do have a little advantage on naming variety, having taught hundreds of kids with some extremely diverse names over the past 30+ years. I keep track of interesting names I encounter either from students, people I know/meet, movies, TV, books, or other areas, then when I get a new arrival, I go to that list first to see if anything works. Baby name sites can be a great source, there are general lists as well as specific ones like fantasy name sites, names from various cultures, etc.

MB Lilac, beautiful baking photo, it's always a joy to see your kids.

#582 clochette, Jun 13, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    3. Actually I mostly keep their sculpt names too, unless I really don't like it or it's a girl's name and my doll is a boy. But there have been times when the name I choose just doesn't fit and I have to choose another one :3nodding:.

4. My first BID arrived yesterday! She’s a real skin Bordy with faceup C. I’m still waiting on her brown eyes and need to sew some more clothes for her, she’s my first yosd and more petite than expected!

[​IMG]

5. Congrats on her arrival. Yes, they are nice and small, but I love them.

6. I think she’s going to make yosd my favorite size, I now have 3 more BIDs on my wishlist :lol:

7. LOL. I'm not surprised. BIDs are like potato chips...you can't stop at just one.

8. Congrats! I’ve got one and one on the way, both are basic but I’m waiting for an event or sale on limited or doll choice because I want to order a sculpt that is no longer available.

9. Congratulations on her arrival! You're going to love her.
      I agree with @MB Lilac ! I started with one and now have 13 BIDs and five other YoSD size. Actually MB Lilac is also a Class A enabler :3nodding:. (Thank you, Martha <3!)

10. Wow, I didn't realize you had so many. You're catching up to me. Good thing I have three new to me BIDs coming - Aki, Elin and Erzulie, all in Normal resin.

I don't have quite as many as Holly here.....unless I include my KIDs and the small KW girls.
      [​IMG]

11. It's the last day of school....
      [​IMG]

12. Three of my little folks wishing all my fellow Canadians a Happy Canada Day!

[​IMG]Canada Day 20201-3 by Donna, on Flickr

13. Happy Canada Day!

There’s a sale on iplehouse if anyone hasn’t seen it yet! ;)

14. Happy Canada Day!

[​IMG]

Yes, I saw they are having their Summer Event. But I have to pass, since I already have three new-to-me BIDs arriving, hopefully today.

15. I won’t be participating in the sale either since I ordered one on June 12th but there will be another sale. She actually shipped today and it has been less than 3 weeks, I guess they had one already made?

16. It's great when you don't have to wait as long. Years ago my dolls never took more than two weeks. In fact I even had two dolls ship within 48 hours of ordering. That almost felt too fast!

17. I wonder if they premade some of their popular ones in anticipation for the sale or if it was a sale that fell through. I know it does not matter why but I’m a curious person like that.

18. My Elin is here! From order to arrival it was about 4 weeks. Doll arrivals seem to always happen on stormy days so pictures to come later. As usual all the plans for her went out the window since she was earlier than expected (September) so she’s in a temporary outfit and maybe wig. The skin tone is quite a difference between normal and peach gold but I love them both, next time I’ll get real skin so it will give even more variety.

Edited to add picture after giving her a haircut. The weather still isn’t great so I tried my best to get a good picture. I have a character in mind but I’m having a hard time finding the outfit I want or someone to make it for me.

#598 NineOneThree, Jul 9, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
    19. She is absolutely lovely just the way she is. Congratulations on your new little beauty.

20. @NineOneThree - Your Elin is lovely. I'm wondering what body is she on, since she seems to have a longer, slimmer neck than my Elins.