1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse B.I.D. Baby discussion part 9

Jul 7, 2016

1. Thank you! It’s interesting how you can have a look in mind for a doll and it doesn’t look right at all, their character can really show itself over time. I’ve had her for almost a year and it has taken me this long to figure her out, then everything takes so long to find or ship.

#641 NineOneThree, May 25, 2022
      Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    2. This thread is quiet, any b.i.d additions or updates lately? I finally found Bono the perfect wig and commissioned a dress that reminds me of the way I dressed as a kid in the early 90s. She kind of reminds me of Rory Gilmore with this wig.
      [​IMG]

3. She's really cute. I like that style of dress - back from the days when little girls actually wore dresses.

My BIDs haven't seen a lot of action lately as I'm trying to catch up with dressing a bunch of dolls that finally got painted after the pandemic. I did make some new blue dresses earlier this year because all five of my little Princesses (Nami, Bonnie, Judith, and KIDs Fay & Paige) were asked to be flower girls at an upcoming wedding. I didn't want all the dresses to be identical, so they could be worn again, so made three different blue combinations.
      [​IMG]

4. I love the variation in the dresses, beautiful work as always!

5. Thanks. I already had two of them , so made a larger version of the one Nami is wearing, and a smaller version of the one Fay is wearing, and then a new design for Bonnie.

I also had the red removed off of Judith's nose since that last photo was taken, and I like her so much better now. She no longer looks like she has the flu or has been crying.
      [​IMG]

6. Her faceup does look better, I didn’t notice too much until you pointed it out but she looked like she had the sniffles

7. Your Bono is lovely. I love the wig.

Judith looks so much better now. The blue dresses are stunning.

These are my two girls.
      [​IMG]

8. I always love to see how two different faceups can change the look of a doll.

9. Resin colour and wigs make a huge difference as well. I have four duplicate BID sculpts, and they are all unique. Most of my BIDs are in this photo, including the duplicates. There's two Bonos, both in normal resin, one with the IH face and one with an artist faceup. There's two Cocos, both SR, one girl with IH faceup, and one boy with artist faceup. There's two Elins, one in NS with IH faceup, and one in SR with artist faceup, and there's two Erzulies, one in NS with IH faceup, and one in light brown with artist faceup.

BTW the girl in front singing a solo is Addiction Efreet with the fangs filed off.
      [​IMG]

10. I love your BID’s Martha, more photos please. I love everyone’s BID photos especially if they are Bono’s.

I’ve just ordered a Bono but a boy (Adam at the moment) - ‘A’ face up and normal skin tone. As I only ordered him about a week ago I don’t expect to see him much before November. But can’t wait!

PS that photo of the carol concert always makes me laugh. Thank you. And thank you NineOneThree for your photo too. That wig really suits her.

11. That’s true, the styling and resin can make a difference too.

Thanks! I hope your wait isn’t too long and I hope you show Bono as a boy when you get him finished.

12. Holly on her birthday. I usually keep my sculpt names, unless it's a boy with a girl's sculpt name, or in Bono's case, because it was just plain bad. Since she was released right before Christmas, I named her Holly. She has an artist faceup, and started life here with a special order red/blonde Roxie wig.
      [​IMG]

13. Here is Noelle, my Bono. Bono was not exactly a name I wanted to keep, since like Martha's she had arrived around Christmas, I renamed her Noelle.

[​IMG]Noelle by Donna, on Flickr

14. I love the Christmas names…mine arrived in April of ‘21 on my last day of quarantine after I had covid :doh

15. Oh God she is sooo beautiful. I want a girl Bono B as well but the boy comes first.

16. I’ve always loved your Holly ever since I first saw her. I really must get a Bono girl but li
      xI’ve always loved your Holly ever since I first saw her. I really must get a Bono girl but like you and Donna I have no intention of calling her “Bono”.

17. I found a photo of Holly and Olivia together (my two NS Bonos). Holly has been on a lot of adventures and has yellowed considerably. Olivia has an IH faceup, and hasn't been out much.
      [​IMG]

18. Yes, I’ve seen this photo before but didn’t realise that your Holly had yellowed. If my dolls go that colour I shall be pleased because it looks more natural to me. I guess my Bono will look more like Olivia. Both are gorgeous.

19. Yes, my Holly has been on several big trips, where she was sometime sin the sun. But the Normal resin does tend to mellow with time. All my older Normal girls have yellowed, but I don't mind.

20. I’m glad to see the ns mellows nice, I have Elin in that color. I think the peach gold is mellowing nice too, the redness is fading to a nice natural skin color.