1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Good news! NYID hands are a beautiful fit on old-YID wrists. The resin-matching is another matter, of course... the new resin formula is so different from any of the old ones... but hands can always be blushed, if you really want it badly enough.

Here is a new (2014) Lt. Brown NYID hand on an old (2007) Lt. Tan YID Aaron.

[​IMG]

This resin-match is actually not that far off, which gives me the thought that maybe even Karim, with his old Tan resin, might have a chance at nice new hands if I put the effort into blushing them up. I am less sure about Realskin, since the older formula was so much more translucent than the current one.

2. Hey guys I was curious if anyone has a volks sd10 girl head and if it will work with the iplehouse yid bodies? I don't really care about resin match but if someone has the yid body and could show me the proportions it would be extremely appreciated.

3. That looks great! For matching the tans, I'd personally use a bit of Rit dye, since I've done a little dyeing to colormatch things before. I like dye better than blushing because dye is harder to rub off on high-friction parts like hands and wrists. Those hands look like a tinting with some Rit Dark brown would do them up perfectly.

It would be interesting to see the differences between the realskins.

4. Oh, Rosslyn, I love Kevya. And looks like he has the eyes I want for my Dollshe Saint :) They look amazing with the dark hair.

For me, Claire (YID Iris) is always #1 among the dolls. With so many new ones, I can't explain how she keeps being the favourite :D
      I don't play with Brendan (YID Soo Ri) as much, but he is very special to Claire and I :)
      Having said that, I have to admit that having more "action" around here did make me want to take the boy out of hiding, and I've had him at least sitting around watching me work on dresses on Claire. I am hoping to trace some Iplehouse pants so I can experiment a bit and see if I can figure out a pants pattern for him that works with his "assets".... I can't be the only one having front crotch issues with the boy and his pants... am I?

Rabbit-moon, I'm not looking for the Gentle Soo Ri anymore, but if I see anything I'll PM you :)

JennyNemesis
      , that is great to know for the boys as well! I believe the NYID girl hands fit the YID as well. If anyone wants to try that and post a picture. I can't remember where I put the one I had. I just wonder if the NS would match 2010 and 2012 resin?

Bambi Darling, where in Canada are you? I am in the West end of Toronto, and I have a YID girl. If you have the head we can go for coffee and you can try it in person and see if it works for you :) I am overdue for a coffee date with the dollies anyway :)

5. Aw, thank you! The eyes are Volks light blue (baby blue?) metallic eyes.
      I do remember your Claire fondly, as the mods done for her inspired the massive modwork I did on my friend's YID girl.

6. Oh, thanks! I thought they looked like Eyeco B111 Fantasy eyes. I hear they come in 11mm instead of 12, and 13mm instead of 14. I tend to like smaller eyes in my dolls than the ones they come with :D And the Dollshe Saint has pretty small eyes. I think I am going to look at the Volks now :D

7. Giodrakes - Thank you so much for the offer but I am sadly in Cowtown :(

8. For a tiny eyed fella like Saint I'd keep Eyeco in your back pocket as an option. The Volks eyes are not exactly small-iris type, but they are pretty.

9. Amazing! Thanks a lot for this! Now, if anyone could try with the nYID girl hands, I'd be ever so grateful! :aheartbea

10. Wow! The nYID hands are gorgeous! I wish they'd made hands like that for the original YIDs.

I've no talent for blushing or dying, so I guess my boys will have to keep their old paws.

11. Heh, my boys will probably keep their old paws too-- because those are the hands they got when I got them. I guess they don't drive me crazy enough to go through all the hassle of replacing them. xD

The new ones sure do look pretty on Calidou here, though. ^^ Thanks to Farallon for letting me dismember a couple of his boys.

[​IMG]

12. Oh! Jenny, your friend has a beautiful doll there, full of classic Iple yumminess!

I like the original hands that were on the Iple boys when I got my Soori in early 2006. Once the new model and muscle bodies were introduced, those hands were replaced with the underwhelming pedestrian paws.

I wonder sometimes, should we have told IH that we wanted the hands to be redone? Would they have taken offense?

13. You know Farallon's lovely renaissance men? They're so refined and civilized, always wearing that frilly finery. He has Light & Dark Aaron twins, who fill me with joy every time. <3 (Also two Ryushins, whom I cannot get him enough to show off in enough pics.)

The old-old hands had more expression, but were still so weird and boneless. Definitely from their 'abstract' period. ^^

They were cool in their own way, though. Ilya can smoke and pet Nastassja (or pet Adrian) at the same time.

[​IMG]

14. Thanks for the photo, Jenny. Oh my, he's such a gorgeous fellow.

Those hands on your Ilya are the hands I was talking about! I actually really liked those hands and wished they'd had those available for the later dolls.

15. [​IMG]

Draco insisted on dropping in the second he noticed a fellow Aaron!!! Hello everybody!!!

16. Welcome knowyerrights!

Oooooh! More Aaron yumminess!

17. 8D THANK YOU!!!
      I apologize for the crappy phone pic but he really wanted to make an appearance!! Hopefully, I get a camera soon!!!!

18. LOL! knowyerrights, he looks fine. And, believe me, I know, when a doll wants to make an appearance, there is no stopping them! Your Aaron is a gorgeous guy, so snap away!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a little spamming of my own to do. Yesterday, after years of wishing and hoping, my dreams finally came true. The wonderful Hobbywhelmed graciously let me adopt her Tan Gentle Soori and he arrived yesterday, on Valentine's Day. Isn't that just perfect?!

I had intended on naming him Omar, after Omar Khayyam, the 11th Century Persian poet who wrote The Rubaiyat. But, because he arrived on Valentine's Day it seemed like kismet to name him Valentine.

Im so excited over this boy! I just love him! Isn't he a gorgeous chocolately color? Does Iplehouse even make this color anymore? And, after all these years, he doesn't even look like he's yellowed a bit.

I am a happy woman! :love

[​IMG]

19. :sumomo: Mazel tov and happy Valentine's! Wow, I didn't know Hobby had an extra Tan Gentle man hanging around the house... what an excellent set of circumstances for both of you! He looks like he's in perfect shape, and is just stunning. I can't wait to see that languid beauty all painted up.

Was he from the initial November 2007 rerelease of Tan Soo Ri that came with both heads, or was he from a CDS order later on? The resin looks like it's from the original rerelease because it's so dark & glossy... Samir is that shiny, too. (He also has more olive-green undertones than Valentine does, but then Samir has lived outside the box for the past 7 years. ^^)

Iples doesn't make Brown/Tan resin like they used to-- just last year they took all the translucence out of their formula so the brown resin is much earthier & chalkier now. We definitely got the best of it in the olden days.

20. He was from the first tan release after the model/muscle bodies came out, ordered late 2007. The G. head was a come-with, and they let me order an extra body for him. (The OE head/body combo went to someone else).

I think that's when they started experimenting with the strength factor of French resin, because the hands were more waxy-looking than the rest of the dolls. Rabbit got the tan to look very rich, but in overcast daylight, it's a softer, drier chocolate tone. I remember someone at that time getting a pair that were an extra-very subdued tan, and she was sure they were starting out greened. I think it was just that the tan during this event had very little red dye, and certainly weren't the golden-yellow "mustard" tan some companies do.

Rabbit, I guess that means you'll have to be on the look-out for another candidate to be Omar!