1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Oh Jenny, Karim is exquisite! I never tire of seeing him either!

2. Reid is a lovely boy! <3

3. I had to do MAJOR sorting/shredding/condensing of the paperwork/printouts I've accrued over time - found the original PM exchanges from when I bought my Anzu - Soo-ri, old long-leg body. So he was already 2nd-hand in early 2007, poor fellow. His previous owner "couldn't bond" with him. No problem with that here--
      [​IMG]

4. Oh, Anzu! I have a major crush on that boy! :aheartbea

Im a serious Soori fangirl, and your sweet Anzu has always been a favorite of mine. I think it's his soft-looking face-up that makes him so different from other Soori's.

(and not too many Soori's can carry off wearing a dress like he can! ;))

5. I have no idea what you could possibly mean....
      [​IMG]

6. :fangirl: Anzu was always the anti-Ilya! Such a soft gentle face. <3 And can also rock some rainbow sequins like nobody's business.

Ilya has worn a tube-top before, but no dresses....

[​IMG]

7. Wow! Hobby and Jenny, your Soori's are as different as night and day! And both gorgeous!

Squee! on the rainbow sequins! And drool! on the revealing tube top! It's a win-win! :love

8. Ilya is back again, and it's finally his moment in the annual Sexy Birthday Caveman spotlight!

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...thday-caveman-(Ilya-Iplehouse-YID-tan-Soo-Ri) <= gallery pin-ups

[​IMG]

I can't believe I keep getting older every year (it's 45 this time), and I can't believe I've managed to never choose Ilya for caveman duty before. There's just always been some excuse. Well, no more excuses-- and now that I see how perfect he is, I am begging the Universe for forgiveness for all the time I wasted. <3 Ilya is just always the ultimate pin-up. My Claude & my Akando both managed to make this costume look wholesome, but Ilya makes it look soooo trashy. :whee:

9. And look how clean he picked those bones...he's so...proficient....

Happy birthday! (I liked the 40's. At that point, with a glare, you still get to slide under that "acting your age" limbo pole.)

Must go check out his full shoot now....

10. Ah! That gorgeous Soori face! I will never stop loving that face.

Every time I see this classic sculpt and I'm transported in time. I know it may sound crazy, but seeing him makes me feel young and in love. :aheartbea Just a wonderful sculpt.

11. :lol: Ilya is a messy eater, but he does always chew the bones squeaky-clean. Ask Adrian.

I don't even believe in the existence of the "acting your age" pole! Does not compute in my world. Fageddaboudit. Life is too short not to make yourself Foxy Caveman dolls once a year. :smallcake: Thanks! 45 feels just like 44, just a lilbit droopier every year, wheee.

:3nodding: It's the fangirl reflex.... Just looking at the old faces you fell in love with is enough to turn any sane woman back into a newbie fangirl.

And 2006 had lots of fun in it to remember, that's for sure. How I loved shopping for the trashiest of trashy clothes for Ilya.... before his body-type went out of fashion and everybody stopped making his size clothing. ^^ He's a Pre-YID, so skinny; damned if he isn't just an SD10 who's 63cm tall.

12. one shot )
      I've just wanted to show her fatigue and slight anxiety..

[​IMG]

13. Wow! What a lovely photo, Aki_Ross. She looks so pensive. I like how you set the scene with the props and lighting; so atmospheric.

Gee! this thread been very quiet. Here's a photo of my Grail Boy, Tan Gentle SooRi, now that he has a face-up.. (Thank you again Hobbywhelmed! I love this guy!)

[​IMG]

14. Hey, he's not one you see very often anymore! Congratulations!

15. OMG yay yay yay yay, you got one! Congratulations!! :dance: He's so beautiful! :aheartbea I love him with the black lipstick-- a nod to the original glam faceup. ;3.

Is he really Tan, or is he Realskin? Perhaps it's just the photo lighting, but he looks a bit paler than Ilya & a lot lighter than Samir. It makes him look wonderful as a blonde, even with the dark lips. What a gorgeous caramel latte color.

@Aki_Ross , that is a wonderful photo! I totally get the mood. Freezia is definitely a good sculpt to portray fatigue and anxiety, especially in that glaring light. ^^ Where'd you get her desk lamp, by the way? It's excellent.

16. Thanks Hervoyel! Isn't he just scrumptious? So yummy in that gorgeous tan color.

Thanks JennyNemesis! If you look back a couple of pages you will see that Hobbywhelmed sold him to me last year. He arrived on Valentine's Day 2015. He's from 2007. Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III I guess the sunlight in the photo is making him look more like real skin, but he's definitely darker in person.

I got a face-up for him a while ago, but never got around to posting pictures of him. (My bad...) But, isn't he divine? I'm absolutely mad about this boy! I'm still trying to get his costume squared away. Plain ol' jeans or leather are just not going to work for this boy.

#236 Rabbit-moon, May 5, 2016
      Last edited: May 5, 2016
    17. :lol: Darn that memory-loss-- lookit, there I am, Valentines of 2015, congratulating you on the arrival of this doll. Old brains, full of holes! :lol:

Well, double secondary belated congratulations are still in order for you finally getting the faceup + then finally putting up pictures. ^^ He looks absolutely stunning. And wow, yes, he sure IS the right deep tan resin, and the lighting makes such a big difference! Doll photography can be so finicky like that, sometimes. What sort of costume will he be wearing?

I should pay homage to the Tan Gentle crowd, here. As much as I adore the classic open-eyed sculpt, there is something very special about this face. (And they just looked so great in tan. <3)

[​IMG]

18. Oh my, JennyNemesis! What an exquisite photo of Samir. Holy guacamole! What an expressive and yet serene, face he has in that photo. He takes my breath away - he's so gorgeous!

I was having some serious issues about how I wanted to go with his face-up. Some days I was all about honoring the style of face-up Iplehouse gave him back in 2007; so warm and gentle. But, then, I really-really loved the original dark and dramatic face-up the first Tan Soori had, with that tattoo on his face and the killer leather costume. (I have kicked myself everyday for not getting that first Tan Soori!) So, I finally decided on the dark face-up, because I like my boys moody and slightly twisted. (And, definitely, a hollerback to my first tan love.)

About the costume, since no one seems to make those gorgeous, decadent leather costumes anymore, Im thinking of going with something fancifully Arabian nights. I've yet to decide, since Im rather fond of his chocolately goodness in the buff. (And, yes, I am a dirty old lady :wiggle)

#238 Rabbit-moon, May 5, 2016
      Last edited: May 5, 2016
    19. Oh yeah, that 2005 style-- tattoos, black lipstick, leather, how I miss it sometimes! :aheartbea And if dark-and-dramatic is your true first love, then yes, you TOtally have to go with that faceup because that's where your heart leads. ^^ Anyway, if you ever get tired of it for some reason, you can always change it & go warm-and-gentle instead. I really love the job you did on your boy here. The faceup is dark, but not so stark that it looks weird against anything non-black-and-goth.

Tan Soo Ri v.2's default faceup definitely was the pinnacle of Warm & Gentle, :love: ::mwah::. Samir's open-eyed head is soooo stunning, as well, with the same soft warm faceup; I sometimes hate that he never uses that head, because it's so beautiful, but I've just gotten used to him as the Gentle head (and besides, the open-eyed face is Ilya, and there can only be one Ilya).

Samir has also done Arabian Nights, btw-- :wiggle: that crazy Soom "Desert Hermit" outfit! It'd also look great with a goth faceup, IMHO. It's not in character for him but I adore it.

[​IMG]

20. Gorgeous photo, Jenny! Your Gentle Soori is so resplendent and princely in that Arabian costume. Of course, he would look princely in rags, he's so noble and aristocratic.

When I get my boy's costume squared away I will definitely post a photo. Thanks again!

BTW, where's Hobbywhelmed? I thought for sure she'd pop by to give Valentine some "old YID" love.