1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Did I kill this thread? :bump

Spreading some Old Iple-boy love today! :aheartbea

Here's my first Barron. (Heheh! Don't you love that old Iple "muscle" body?)

[​IMG]

2. A man of many chains! <3 Love that old-school eight-pack.

Iplehouse seems to have come full-circle.... After years of going for bigger & broader & more muscular & smaller eyes & more crags & thicker limbs, and cancelling all the old slim-bodied big-eyed guys... now they're putting out the FID fashion doll, because they realized that they didn't have any more slim-bodied poseable dolls left. :doh: But I don't like the FIDs, they look like they have no skin. I am happy to have my old abstract-muscled YIDs around (and Ilya the pre-YID, with those glasscutter nipples ^^).

3. Thank you Jenny!

Yeah, I saw the new FIDs. Can't say I was too taken with them. Meh.:yawn

Actually, I would love it if they made a special re-issue of one of the old oYID sculpts. I don't even care which one! I mean, Mars would be nice, since I don't have him. But wouldn't it be nice if they dolled-up a SooRi ala Steampunk for a limited run? I would even be interested in an updated version of the sculpt. Now, wouldn't that be interesting; a new re-interpretation of the SooRi sculpt?

I admit, the whole Carved Heritage line was amazing, but I just don't want to deal with dolls that huge in size anymore. I liked the slender 63cm bodies. They are so much easier to pose than my large EID boys.

4. I think a steampunk Soo Ri or Mars would be awesome! <3 And if they were to do an updated or reinterpreted head, he could be made to look good on the nYID body too. It's not all that bulky.

5. The only doll I have is a circa 2008 Sylvia, and finding shoes for her has become quite a quest! Her feet are 2.5cm wide, and the nYID shoes are 3.5 cm wide. That's a big difference.

6. Welcome Stefanina! Wish I had some helpful advice on your quest for girl shoes. I never got a oYID girl. But, I wish I had when I had the chance because Sylvia was a gorgeous girl.

Got any pixs of your girl? Would love to see her. :D

7. Only old ones...lol
      [​IMG]

8. @Stefanina
      Great to see Silvia! I have her too. :chocoheart:chocoheart:chocoheart

For shoes, yeah, none of the new YID ones will fit since they re-did the line and the new YID girls share a foot size with their other ladies like EID. She should fit into basic SD girl sized shoes that you can get from other companies. I know I have a pair of Leeke boots, for example, for my Silvia and they fit great. Just try to check the measurements. :3nodding:

What type of shoe are you looking for? :)

9. Right now I'm looking for a basic pair of black pumps and a pair of sneakers that don't look too oversized. For other flat-soled shoes, I can probably make most of those. Heck, I might be able to make heeled shoes if I can get good instructions...

10. Stefanina, your Sylvia is lovely! :love(Even old pixs are cool!)

11. Stefanina, these are close and may work if you stuff the toe a bit. My old YID girl had size 7 feet. Right now I can't find examples of the exact shoes I got for her, but I got really good at finding stuff that fit her overtime :D Too bad I don't have her anymore. Check the measurements on these to make sure as well, I can't remember all of them. SWS-02 (Black)

12. Question!<3. Sorry if this is in the wrong area, I just recently bought an older style Soo Ri, YID boy. I have questions about stringing. Did the older boys not use S hooks in the feet and how do you exactly string him so that the cord goes through the feet properly? I didn't know if this difficult or not. Thanks so much!

13. Christina_Xx, I'm sorry I can't help you with your question. My Iplehouse boys are in storage at the moment but I think my SooRi had S hooks when I got him. If he didn't, I certainly would have added them. I actually make it a practice to buy extra S hooks to put on any of my dolls that don't have them. Restringing was never a problem. I always use the stringing method that is posted on the Luts site. It's pretty easy to follow.

I do wish to give you congrats on getting a SooRi. :thumbup It's such a wonderful old sculpt.:D

Is he a sculpt you've wanted for a while? What are your plans for him?

14. Hey there!!! I noticed a lot of s hook are too small for him but my sister believes she can help me string him the old way. I have been wanting an older style YiD once more lately and this cute guy showed up. I'll name him Brody, he's kind of the skater type so I'll be excited to have him. Thanks for all the help and compliments <3.

15. Funny how being in this hobby for so long can cause a person to be hit by nostalgia for a sculpt. I've been feeling very nostalgic for a lot of older sculpts. The older YIDs are a particular weakness of mine. I would love to own a Mars, but he rarely shows up in the MP.

Brody sounds like a great name for him! :thumbup

I hope you share photos of him when you get him completed. :D

16. He’s at the doctor right now for a fixer up but his wig is also being ordered but I totally mean to post some! Thank you so
      Much :).