1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. JennyNemesis Oh yeah. Darn. Why can the threads be combined?

2. I dunno why separate threads for the two types of YID... it's just the way things are set up at the moment. I guess because the old YIDs are discontinued, they figure nobody in the nYID thread wants to talk about them. ^^

3. It's easier to keep the two as-is, since the two sizes have different mobility capabilities, possibly fit differently into different clothes, and in other threads that I have been in with many sculpts from one company, the new ones tend to totally dominate the discussion. I like having a place to remember these wonderful old YIDs, since their overall face shapes were among my very favorites in the whole hobby.

Iplehouse's newer stuff looks like it's all by a different artist, to me. Jessica-faces everywhere. They all have this same inverted triangle nose bridge structure I have never seen on a real human, (and I've seen/drawn-from-life a LOT of faces) and the same really wide set almond eyes. Only a few of them don't follow that basic template.

4. Styles have definitely shifted over the years - no more big heads, big eyes, or long willowy legs - i.e. no more classic-BJD-structure. All of my old YID boys wear 16mm eyes, 14mm at the smallest, but these days everyone seems to take 12s and 10s. Wig sizes, already difficult, have gone to almost-MSD sizes. And I agree, most of the women are all starting to look like Jessica lately (though I like the big nose on Aaliyah the vampire ^^) and the men are starting to look pretty homogeneous too. I miss the more stylized bone structure of the big-eyed old faces.

I also like my men pretty. Tedros is about as craggy as I care to go, and Iples blew past that level of cragginess years ago. :XD:

5. Rosslyn I suppose it may be quite confusing if the threads were combined as well. Especially for collectors such as myself who are not totally familiar with IH. Currently I only have two. My Louis which I got from the MP. And my JID Kyle who I got directly through IH. I don't know who Jessica is that you mention. I don't care for the IH girls. I had a very lovely Titiana at one time. But she didn't work in my collection and so she was re-homed.

JennyNemesis Who is Jessica? And I agree with you. Definitely the BJD sculpts in general have shifted or evolved. I have a couple older Volks MSD with that classic large eye "dolly face" appearance. Now it feels as though the dolls are blending to much. They all look the same. I was on the Dollmore site. Checking out the face up's for a particular doll I am about to order. I couldn't believe what I found. They all look the same! I couldn't make my decision on a particular face up at all. I gave up.

6. I agree, for some reason, the new girls just aren't giving me the wow factor and now you guys have pin pointed the reason why. nYID Andrew and SID Theo are the only I like. However, Louis, Freezia, Iris look the somewhat same . What was their first doll's name again, I forget the name. I think it was a Korean name.

7. Ephemeral_Dream I have no intention on getting any IH girls. Well. OK I'm lying. I am getting KID Joy. But my collection is totally immature. That means no boobs here. Only mine. I may at some point get another boy and like you the only ones that tickle my fancy are Andrew and Theo. I have Louis. And love him!

Louis gets a hair cut.
      [​IMG]

8. It's been a while since I've been in the thread (stupid school!). I completely agree with Rosslyn about the Jessica look-a-like syndrome with the nYIDs. If I had to get a nYID girl, it would be Bianca or Rexy honestly. But, I'm still holding on to the idea of rereleasing Mars.
      JennyNemesis: I'm indifferent to the new style direction of the nYIDs but I agree with you on the homogeneity on the new boys and the Jessica thing. It bugs me to no end and I'm not interested enough to buy any of the nYID girls because they all look alike. It makes me wonder if this continues, where will the nYID end up?Just my two cents.

9. Jessica is not a who so much as a what: an Iplehouse EID with a kind of Barbie like face- bulbed nose end, wide set eyes, rounded and almond also, and with an inverted triangle nose bridge that seems to seep into too many of the new sculpts and looks weird to me.

I think what bugs me is on some of the new dolls, the distance between the two eyes is far wider than the distance between the outsides of the nostrils, which is a bizarre proportion.

EID Yur and Luna also have this problem.
      None of the EID men seem to have this problem.
      The NYID girls Audrey, Rexy, and Emilia have it, and I think Erica have a similar face. Narrow nose, really wide set eyes, really inverted triangle nose.
      Neither of the basic nYID boys has it.

The only Old YID boy who has it slightly is Mars. His nose is the right width at the nostrils, but his nose bridge is definitely that inverted triangle. I think I still like his face because his nose is still wider than the distance between his eyes.

10. Rosslyn Oh. I see now. I don't pay much attention to the girls. You have a better eye than I do I suppose. Perhaps it's the same sculptor IH is using for those particular dolls? I don't know much about that. I wonder how man sculptor's a doll company uses, in order to create the patterns?

What about any of the SID men? Do you see this sculpt characteristic in any of them?
      I only have Louis. But I also have JID Kyle. And soon KID Joy will arrive. Three different size IH dolls. I love my Kyle so much I may have to get another YID someday. Or an SID. But not a girl/woman.

11. Woot. Iplehouse has super discounted YID clothes!

12. Ugh, temptation. XD

Mars spam!

[​IMG]

Axis just got a new guitar! <3 Its a 1:3 scale Fender Telecaster. We named the guitar Ares. More pics here.

13. Hottie rockstar!! <3 I've only ever got 1:4 scale guitar models; your Ares is a great find.

PS. I like the big fuzzy rockstar wig on him best. :XD: Marses are capable of wearing all manner of ridiculous things while maintaining their dignity & looking great!

14. Thanks Jenny! <3 Ares was a lucky find. I was originally drooling over Crobidoll guitars, but they were way out of my budget. Good thing the seller we found was selling this at a really good price (with free shipping!).

The fuzzy wig was actually his first wig! Its been a long time since he wore it, so I'm no longer used to him wearing that. But I agree, Marses can definitely wear anything but still maintain their good looks. :)

15. Eeeeeeeeeeee!!! My friend/roommate just entered into arrangements to purchase a YID Freesia!!!!! And yes, I did enable :P lol
      I am so excited that I'm making her a "welcome home" dress :D I sent her the link to this thread :D
      And speaking of YID Love, I should share a picture of Claire (YID Iris) in her ringlets :D

[​IMG]
      Sorry about the crappy cellphone picture. My camera cord is missing in action :P

16. Hi guys this is Gio's roomie currently influenced by her to go head on and purchase someone's Freezia. My first girl doll out of a six pack of boys. (one is/will be an EID)

Awww!!! Claire is looking awesome! That wig does look fantastic on her btw. I love the curls and the big fluffyness of it overall.

17. @LimeLord Congrats on getting a Freezia! :)

18. Congratulations Gio!

And not sure if this is common knowledge, but I just bought some SD13 clothes from the Volks store in LA. They fit my Louis quite snug for the most part, however, the the old YID body waist is much thinner than Volk's waist, but not so much that his pants will droop. It's not tight fitted like how I would imagine Sadol's clothes to fit though.

19. ^ Hehe, yes, Volks SD13 pants & Volks SD13 boys have big butts & big hips. <3 YIDs have no hips to speak of, so waistlines fit them differently. If you don't mind a baggier look, or if your YID will be wearing a long shirt that covers the waistline, they can get away with Volks pants just fine. But for a fitted look, yes, one must scrounge a bit for slim-cut pants.

It will be a shame to lose the Iplehouse YID clothing line-- they made such nice jeans, so perfectly fitted, I've been relying on them to clothe my slimmer boys! ;; Here, both my Tan Lion & my Volks SDGraffiti boy are wearing Iplehouse jeans, which I think make them look so slim & chic.

[​IMG]

(L: SDGraffiti Ryoya - R: YID tan Lion)

Right now, Volks is under the impression that SDGraffiti boys can wear SD13 clothes, so they haven't yet made a specific SDGr clothing size yet-- but they totally should. You can see how much SDGr and YID are built alike; same extra-long legs, extra-narrow hips, and lack of buttocks; neither of them is shaped like an SD13. If Volks ever DOES decide to make slimmer SDGr sized clothing, we will all be in luck for shopping for our old YIDs.

20. Hahaha, I had to look up SD Graffiti. It looks like the outfit I bought for my Louis is for this series. I am going to try out Sadol's SD13 long leg sizes, because it doesn't seem like they're offering anymore Lati Red sizes. Come to think of it, Lati red dolls are so illusive and they never seem to be in sale. I''m pretty sure that's why they're ridding the Lati option. I would imagine their sd13 long leg is probably going to be as similar as SDGraffiti fit. I sadly haven't been to able to investigate the matter because the outfits I want are pricey for my wallet as of now.