1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Well, right now, Volks makes only one clothing-size to fit both SDGraffiti & SD13... they seem to intend that the slender Graffiti guys all go around with baggy pants. ^^ Graffiti is a relatively recent model, so they didn't get a whole new line of clothes in their own sizes. It's just they happen to be YID-sized, so up till now I've been lucky letting them share pants with the Iplehouse boys.

But now that the YID clothing line is going away at Iples, and-- as you say-- Lati Red no longer seems to be a common size, it's getting trickier to find slim-cut clothes at Sadol! I keep thinking that ONE of Sadol's sizes must fit these skinny guys, but I haven't shopped there in a long time either, so I don't know who they're using as fit-models these days.

2. I'd like to share, I recently got a pair of jeans from Cross Church (Taobao) and they surprisingly fit Axis well. And the length is just right. :P I might try buying another pair there next time. :)

3. Rockin' good news! :thumbup I will add Cross Church to the list of shoppables. Thanks for the tip!

4. It's been awhile since I last looked at the old YID threads. I have to laugh about Rosslyn's comment a page or so back on all the "Jessica's" that dominate the IH dolls any more. I was actually thinking that myself the other day. I too miss the old aesthetic. I did cave and put a nYID WS Patrick on layaway. Partly because I can't find a WS Lion on the MP, and also he does really fit an old character I want to shell. I wanted to say also - you Louis owners who shared pics have actually made me like Louis! He can really be a very nice doll! :)

I made my LT Aaron some new clothes and finally took him outside for a photo shoot. I adore this doll. He is amazing to take pics of. :)

[​IMG]

I have more pics of him on my blog (link in siggy) if anyone would like to see more!

I still wish IH would bring back their old sculpts, even if for only a limited time. *sigh*

5. Aaron is a beauty! :aheartbea He has great bones, makes a wonderful photo subject. Your boy is so handsome; without the beard, you can really see how much he looks like Ryushin and Barron.

I know I must've shared this photo many times, but it's my favorite shot of my friend's twin Light & Dark Aarons. They [and my friend] no longer live across the street from me, but back in the very old days these twin beauties used to come stay at my house for glamour shots. :truffle

[​IMG]

PS:

I hope you find your WS Lion someday! <3 Lion is one of the classic beauties I will miss most. His features do live on in many of the newer sculpts, though; every time you see that combination of a square chin and a curvy kitty-mouth (like Tedros & Patrick & Justin & the new JID Owen), you can see Lion's bloodline in their features.

6. Thanks! You really can see his relation to the some of the other dolls. Your friends Aarons are wonderful. I always wanted Aaron, and so through the years until I *finally* got my own, I used to stalk every now and again to find pics of him. I remember seeing several pics of the Light and Dark Aaron twins. :D Does your friend still have them?

I do agree you can see bits of the old dolls - lol, once you pointed it out to me. One of these days I'll find my WS Lion!

7. Look at all the Aarons! :aheartbea

It's funny, I was just looking at the basic SIDs, and the new B faceup for Storm really reminds me of Aaron - something about the whispy beard and the pointy eyebrows.

Adding to the Aaron pics: :)
      [​IMG]

8. My friend no longer has these particular two Aarons... he sold the two of them to another friend, who still lives here in town, & still keeps the two brothers together. When I used to borrow them, they were Rashid and Diego; now, they are Amadou and Calidou.

(And now that they belong to Farallon, they always dress in the finest Venetian Renaissance frills, instead of AnotherSpace robes. You might have seen Farallon's boys around on DOA; they're all recognizable in those clothes. Two Ryushins, two Aarons, a Claude & a Denzel & a Justin, all in lots of big hair with small hats, tights, lace, brocades, cloaks, and court slippers. ^^)

Also, I've got another friend who might still have an old Lion for sale... he might be NS instead of WS, but I'll go ask him about it.

:3nodding: It's true, Storm is definitely a cousin of Aaron-Barron-and-Ryushin too! It's that bloodline with the broad flat cheekbones, broad nose, soft-square chin & a wide mouth, they all echo each other... amazing how Ryushin can look Asian or Caucasian, Storm looks mostly Caucasian, and Aaron can look any kind of African or Asian mix, and yet they all share those features.

And I'd recognize that particular white-haired dandy Aaron anywhere. :aheartbea

9. ~Pretends like she's been a part of this thread all along~ >.>

All of the Aarons!!! :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

Way waaaay back when I was first really started getting that spark of interest towards BJDs, my friend and I had our eyes on Aaron and Ryushin. We jokingly decided that should I ever get Ryushin and should she ever get Aaron, that we would dress them up as the Harry Potter Weasley Twins.... ((Because we're terribly bad people with a shameful sense of humor :lol: ))

Unfortunately, Aaron was unavailable for a long while, and so when my friend was finally in the market to purchase her first BJD, she ((unregrettably)) settled for JID Tatiana.

I've always had a soft spot for Aaron though. He's ALWAYS so good looking!

Also, meet Zeek! My awesome Ryushin.
      One of the fun perks of the Ryushin sculpt is that if you angle the head juuuust right, it can look like he's smiling a little :)

[​IMG]

10. Oh! Isn't he precious. :aheartbea Ryushin makes my heart go all soft!

When Iples first had that open Special Event where you could get any YID in Realskin, I was torn between Ryushin & Mars-- I could only make a decision after I heard that my nearby friend Farallon was getting a Ryushin, so therefore I could get Mars. ^^ Yes, Ryushin's definitely got some smiley angles, and some stern angles. Farallon has both Realskin & NS Ryushins-- the NS brother is the sterner elder bro. Your Zeek looks oh so much softer & sweeter! Spam him anytime please! I always love seeing Ryushin pictures. <3

11. If you were caught between choosing Mars or Ryushin... no matter who you'd have ended up with, you couldn't have possible made a 'wrong choice'. They're both winners!:D
      Would you mind posting a picture of your Mars? I'm just being nosy, I know!

And yeah, I fell for Ryushin's friendly face! I thought for sure that he'd end up being energetic and comical... but instead, my Zeek ended up being more of a laid back shy-guy/boy-next-door Lap Doll!
      I don't really mind, though. He keeps me plenty happy all the same.

[​IMG]

12. That's OK - Rémy isn't shy, so he doesn't mind showing himself off. I just can't remember if I've already shared this particular picture before? - whether or not I have, it's a good one for encapsulating Rémy. :chocoheart I bought Mars because I wanted a pretty little flowerlike bishonen; some people's Marses are sharper-looking than that, but I got the misty-eyed flibbertygibbet I wanted. I have put sharper-looking eyes in him before, but he still always ends up looking slightly ditzy.

Rémy is always going for maximum sensuality, and sometimes achieves alarming levels of it... but he's still young, just coming out of his awkward stage, so he flubs it fairly often. ^^

[​IMG]

I think I could've made a Ryushin come off with the same look, really. He'd've been great in either sculpt, you're right! But I'd always admired Mars ever since his release, and seeing him in Realskin really drilled me with the the Must-Haves.

Zeek is very much the cuddly boy-next door type! I love his big lively eyes and shaggy hair. :D What a cutie.

13. Eek! Mars and Ryushin! :aheartbea Zeek is so cute and fresh-faced! I love how you bring out his little smile; my Ryushin is not the smiley type, so I'm constantly trying to downplay the smirk! xD And I agree, spam him anytime. Not enough Ryushins out there! I was looking for face-up examples of the sculpt recently, and I could barely find anything. ;_;

Realskin Rémy is just lovely. I can't imagine him any other way. He looks so soft and glowing. <333333

I was lucky, I didn't have to choose between either sculpt . . . :whee:

[​IMG]

14. Lap Doll! I love that!
      :aheartbea
      Heh, too funny! What eyes is he wearing there?

Is that a Mars girl? That hair looks so smooth!

15. Oh, a couples shot of Lee & Reid! :aheartbea I love seeing those two! And, hehe, ^ actually Reid is a boy from head to toe, but he just keeps his Beautiful Clairol Lady Hair flawlessly. Mars does make a perfect genderbender, and I know I have seen one or two Mars-female dolls out there.

Remy's wearing Ginarolo eyes in 14mm (Steel Blue with Amber Ring)... They have an extra large and misty pupil, so they give him the best of both worlds of sensuality and ditziness. :chocoberry

16. You nailed it! You absolutely nailed it! The RealSkin gives Rémi such a nice warmth... and his sculp really suggests a 'coming of age' kind of feel. He's amazing!
      Feel free to post up more of him and/or the rest of your crew! I certainly wouldn't complain if you did ^^

Woah! Your two boys are lovely! They look GREAT together :) I love them!
      And I know what you mean about finding pictures of home owned Ryushins... Way back when I got mine ((2009, I think)), he was a difficult sculpt to find reference of. I only knew of 2 other Ryushin owners @.@
      Mine is just the default Iplehouse Face Up... without the eyelashes ((they fell off within the first week of my getting him)) but I actually prefer Zeek without them. It seem make his big brown eyes stand out more.

Zeek doesn't stand up very well :lol: ... I recently tried restringing him, and I got him to stand up, finally... and it ended up playing out like this

Josie : Woah, Zeek! Now you will stand up on your own two feet!
      Zeek : No, I refuse! Pick me up! Pick me uuuup!!! ~starts getting a little wobbly~
      Josie : Wait... I... eeer.................................. Okay ~Sighs, all defeated~

I've got silicone kips on the way, though. We'll see if that helps... but even still, even if it transforms him into the perfect posing and standing doll... he'll probably still end up being a lapdoll :lol: ... I think that's just how he wants it

17. I haven't posted in a while. Everyone's photos are so wonderful! I want to share a photo of Louis who has been feeling a bit melancholy lately. Pascal tries his best to comfort him.

Also, I had ordered new hands for Louis and am still waiting for them. They should be coming soon. Will post when they arrive.

This photo was taken using my iPhone so it is just a little bit blurry.

[​IMG]

18. Morelle, that's sweet :)

"Here, have this... Monkey makes it better!"

19. Ohh, sweet sweet Louis! I didn't think anything could dim that happy expression, poor lamb. :aheartbea I guess even sunshines get the blues. He still looks as sweet as ever, even when he's having a bad day.

Ilya says that if the monkey doesn't work, he's happy to share his vodka with Louis.
      (Ilya's manners may be hopelessly crude, but his heart is in the right place.)

[​IMG]

20. Hi Guys, Joining the thread. I just got an ebony Cocori and love her! All the pics of Aaron, are making me want one. LOL I had a new YID but the body proportions were a bit overall big for me, the old YID proportions fit in with my bigger girls much better. I wish they still offered the old body as an option sort of like Fairyland is doing with their new Minifee body. I like some of the old sculpts too but would love some of the new sculpts on the slimmer old YID body. Would the new YID, SID and EID heads fit the old bodies?