1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Mmm nice to see that the oYID boys are still getting lots of love! <3 I like the nYID boys, but I feel the oYID sculpts had a lot more personality/charm to them as opposed to being eye candy. I am so glad I managed to snag Percy (my Louis) before they got super beefy.

By the way, does anyone happen to have any advice regarding shoes? I'm finally getting back into it and buying Percy shoes that fit him after a year and a half haha. The measurements I found for the oYID Model body for feet are 7.8cm. The shoes I'm eyeing for him are 7.4cm (These shoes from MoC)

Would they fit or should I stick to 8cm shoes? I'm assuming I'd have to stick to 8cm shoes since I like there to be some wiggle room so I don't damage the foot or shoes.

2. That 0.4 cm is a big difference when it comes to doll shoes! I'm thinking those 7.4s are meant for girls. YID boys need a size 8. Their foot length really is 7.8, so you need at least that for an inner-shoe measurement.

BTW, I find it entirely retarded that those shoe-listings offer you a choice of "6.8 - 7.7 cm" and then "9 - 9.7 cm" with nothing in between. xD Then again, I've never bought Angell-Studio shoes before, so I wouldn't know if this is odd for them; maybe A-S boys have ridiculously small feet.

3. Yeah that's what I thought. xD I know some shoe fabrics are more lenient than others, so I wanted to make sure lol. I've had quite a few shoes be very tight fits.

My one boy who's on an DF-A Gen 3 body wears 7.5 shoes, so it is entirely possible that Angell Studio boys have tiny feet.

I'm having the hardest time finding 8cm shoes that I like. I love the style of shoes that Luts sells, but those shoes are around 9cm and 10cm, even for the smaller Junior Delf dolls. x____x; A lot of places seem to have every size except for 8cm. :c

4. Oh, 7.4 Inner length will definitely not fit. Like Jenny says, you will need an 8 minimum (been there, done that!).
      Now, the girls' feet are 6.8, so I aim for as close to 7 as possible for Claire, and as close to 8 as possible for Brendan.
      Sizes can go a little bit over, but never under those measurements, just in case.

5. Are you looking for boots or low-cut shoes? Because you can get away with a shoe being a little too big, if the ankle is covered-- knee-highs, laceups, cowboy boots, etc. Low-cut shoes are a little more finicky because the gap would be visible.

My YID boys all wear those outlandish DollHeart boots, whose SD13-Boy size fits them just fine, though I'm sure many of them are 9cm or bigger inside (they fit SD13s, who have big wide boat-feet).

6. Just spamming Mase for a bit! I really love him so he came on an adventure with me today! He got a throne from a thrift shop, moved his eyes to a different position and gave him sideburns with a wig trim.
      [​IMG]

7. Sorry! Wrong place.

8. I'm looking for mostly low-cut shoes. Things like oxfords and such. The highest I'll go is at the ankle, like converse hi-top length or something. As much as I love crazy boots, they are not the right style for my boy. xD I also want them to be brown. I find plenty of black but brown is scarce. :c

I don't think the gap would bother me so much since pants usually cover it. I just want something that won't fall off haha. Currently he's wearing 10cm shoes and it's ridiculous. x___x;

9. Ahh, but DollHeart has been making brown lately--! Ever since they turned out some steampunk stuff a coupla years ago, they had to come up with some brown boots/shoes to go with. ^^ And they're not all freak-boots anymore, either.
      http://www.dollheart.net/shoes-sd13-boy-c-102.html

Oh looky, in fact these're on page 2. :>
      http://www.dollheart.net/ls001046-p-3389.html

@ Gothic-Diurnal-Hime, wow, I don't think I've seen a Mars with a beard before! He looks quite dreamy. :aheartbea

10. I'd like to share a bit of Mars spam too! XD (sorry for the giant pic)

[​IMG]

I was able to make him stand with another doll (my Alice) on his shoulders! Its a bit of an achievement for him since he's slightly loosely strung and doesn't usually stand too long on his own. XD I have a few more pics on my post here.

11. I know haha. I think their newer boots are pretty mild compared to their older stuff haha. Which is great for me! XD

I was actually looking at those same shoes a few days ago, but wasn't sure if they'd fit my boy. I think I meant to google the size of SD13 feet and ended up completely spacing out on that. I obviously never got around to it lol.

They'd be so perfect for him ahhh. And I like that they're not leather and look fabricy, since I think that is more his style.

Hopefully they'll still be in stock when I get some money to order. ; u;

12. Woah Madz! ... you're pretty darn brave for attempting to pose your dolls like that... and you're a legend for actually achieving it XD ... that's so impressive!

And PinkPlushii, have you also tried taking a peek to see what Luts has for their SDF selection? They have a fair amount of brown shoes/boots as well. I'm using a pair of these boots for mine, and they fit very well... they're a bit wide though, but not really a bother. It's worth a look, anyway :)

And, if anyone was interested or even just a little curious.. I just recently purchased a hoodie, a jacket and some pants ((and a few other props)) for Zeek from Tata's Paradise.. and everything fits :) ... I ended up taking a bit of a gamble with the pants, though... the legs are a touch short and a little wide around the hips, but it's really not that bad

And if you weren't interested... well, have some more Zeek spam!
      Right here, he's modeling the jacket <3

[​IMG]

13. That's an impressive feat of engineering there!

The jacket looks good! :)

I just realized that the only time I post about my Cocori these days is in discussions of greening, so I thought she deserved to get some positive attention for once:
      [​IMG]

14. Oh hey, I didn't realize there was a thread just for the originals! ^__^
      Great to see all you guys.

I still have my Silvia, the doll that got me started.
      [​IMG]

And actually I'm waiting on a body to make her a twin with the dreaming head. She's going to be a hybrid though (on a Switch body).

I just love the faceup on your Louis, Morelle. It's such a different style than you usually see on these sculpts. It makes him look very soft and antiqued, really nice. ^_^

Ooh, nice pose, Madz. I think Iple just really makes sturdy joints or something! It seem like once you get them all "piled" up they are content stay. Hehe. ^_~
      Somehow all of my Iple's get to loosely strung and I never bother to tighten them because they still pose... ^.^"

15. Thank you!! I absolutely love his sculpt more with the beard. He's not him without it. :aheartbea

16. So hopefully this is the right place to post this. I just got a Barron 63cm NS off ebay. I havent got him yet, so im not sure what type of body he has, but he looks like the muscle type. I dont own any other Iplehouse dolls, so i really wanted to know if anyone knew if the Dollheart SD13 outfits would fit him? I know that the Dollheart outfits seem to be slim fit, as they wouldnt fit my 5Stardolls.

17. :love: Oh boy oh boy! More Barrons!! :aheartbea Congratulations. I can't wait to meet him. <3

Well, here's Muscle (1-pc torso_)...
      http://www.iplehouse.net/shop/step1.php?number=670
      ... and here's Model (2-pc torso).
      http://www.iplehouse.net/shop/step1.php?number=288

Generally, yes, they can get away with DollHeart's SD13 outfits. The pants will be a bit big in the hips & waist, & the tops & jackets will be a little baggy in the shoulders, but if you're not going for a skintight look, basically OK. (Actually, I hear the Muscle torso sometimes makes shirts fit a little tight, instead! I wouldn't know personally.)

18. Thanks very much for the info. I cant tell too well from the ebay pix because hes wearing a shirt, but he looks pretty muscley through it, well i can see a 6 pack at least.
      Hes my first Iplehouse, i always loved their faces, soo realistic. Ill post some pix of him when i get him.

19. So i got my Barron yesterday. Hes my first Iplehouse and he blows all my other dolls away in terms of facial beauty and detail. I cleaned him, then took a picture. I believe he is the muscle type body? But one thing, his arms are soo loose, they wont even hold up, all they do is swing at his sides, and his legs arent great either. Sigh, i HATE restringing. Maybe i can get away with just tightening the existing strings. And one other thing, he is the first doll ive got who has seams. They are along his legs and his sides. Not sure if i should sand them off or not. Is this normal for Iplehouse to have seams?

Here he is, excuse his lack of wig, i havent decided on his character yet. Im in L:aheartbeaVE. I think whatever character he is, hes going to be shirtless lol.
      [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

20. :aheartbea :fangirl: Oooh, isn't he perfect! I love his faceup - his eyes are so smoky and enigmatic. And yes, that is indeed a Muscle torso. Congratulations, he looks great! He will look great shirtless.

I think the normalskin/white dolls were more prone to have seams than the tan ones... my old tan guys never seemed to have seam problems.