1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Thanks for reply. I will change his eyes out for a different colour, but now im not sure if i should touch his faceup. I always like to do my own, maybe i should enhance it how i want it. He needs new eyelashes though, the one side is all bent. I do like his eyebrows though.

2. Those old guys always got such long eyelashes by default - I'm not surprised his have gotten a little squished. ^^ I love the eyebrows, and it looks like they put just the right amount of eyeshadow on him.

You've got an original vintage faceup there... but, if you do decide to change it, I vote for even more extra smoky eyeshadow. <3 He's a stunner.

3. Hmmm, now you put it like that, maybe ill leave his face alone. I did want more smoky, because you can never have enough smoky, but if hes one of the older models, i think for sentimentality's sake, ill leave it alone. Hes like an old piece of art then i suppose lol. Thankyou soo much for info, this forum is great.

Oh one other thing, i was looking at a normal skin cocori for sale, and i think shes lovely. (Now i have my first iple i want more, lol) I dont see too many Cocoris on here, is she not as well liked as the others?

4. No, Cocori was just always harder to get than the others! - Ebony and Brown ones, anyway. Once they released her in Basic, & they started CDS, we started seeing more of her. But the original dark-skinned dolls (Cocori & Aaron) were only released at certain times. And now she's discontinued, of course.

I know how you feel, I'm sentimental about original faceups too. <3 I especially like Iplehouse's paintwork; I consider their faceups almost a separate piece of art to be collected along with the doll. And his neutral coloring is so nice. But I do agree, if you ever got tired of his original faceup, Barron would look excellent with a few more layers of smoky shadow!

5. Congratulations on your Barron! :D

6. Heh, I was just going to post about how awesome his eyebrows are! Congrats on getting him! :D

I think they were popular in their time, but they're just not quite the in-style these days, so they don't turn up as often (although mine is still in my sig photo, so I'm still pretty fond of mine! ;)).

7. Thanks for replies. Yeah, i think shes lovely, but then ive never been in-style :lol:

8. @LadyDeath Congrats on getting Barron! /o/

On a slightly OT note, Iple just released the nYID Juan. When I first saw him, I thought he seriously looks like Mars, but only less smiley. What do you think? :D

9. Heheh-- many many sculpts (large, mini, medium, male, female) have looked like Mars in the years since he was created. :XD: I think they just really really like Mars's features, because they keep recycling them into new faces. SID Giorgio was the last Mars-cousin released, and SID Claude before that.... and so on...

I actually think Juan looks most like JID Ryan. :XD: Like, if Ryan had a love-child with EID Akando and five yards of brocade.

10. Haha, I agree! Especially with Claude. XD

11. To me, JID Ryan looks like a mini Mars with SID Giorgio looking like a smirkier, bigger Mars. Ironically, Giorgio is the one I almost got for Mase. Now that I see Juan, he does look like a Mars kinda (in the eyes and nose shape?) I like him the best out of all of the nYID boys.
      Edit: can oYID boys wear SDGr stuff? I'm curious about making this one outfit from a pattern, but I wanted to ask about the size before I did.

12. I own a shirt that's meant for SDGr bodies and its a bit loose on him. But I guess you can still use that pattern with some minor adjustments.

13. It depends on the source of the SDGr clothes. If it comes directly from Volks, chances are the label says it's sized for "SD13/ SDGr".... which means that it will fit SD13s nicely, and will fit SDGr (and oYID) more loosely. But, generally fits.

(The reverse is a much better fit - I put my SDGrs in almost exclusively Iplehouse oYID clothing, because Iples made those clothes properly for skinny guys!)

14. JennyNemesis and Madz: Thank you both!!

15. Lady Ravenswood, your Silvia is beautiful! I still have my first doll as well, which is a YID Iris. To this day she is still my favourite still :)
      My roommate just got a YID Freezia from the MP a couple of weeks ago almost? She is beautiful as well :)

Here's a quick picture of Claire, just cause :D

[​IMG]

16. I put a wig, new eyes and some sexy clothes on him. Still needs some blushing on those fantasic abs though. He needs a name too. I spent last night for about 2 hours deciding on which wig. He looked soo good in blonde and black. Am i the only crazy person that spends hours wondering how to dress my dollies?
      Heres my sexy Barron, geez i wish my husband looked like this
      [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

17. And for a price, we all promise not to tell your husband you said that. ;)

Barron! Lookin gooood! :aheartbea I love a man in black leather, and I also love a man with fantasy-length black hair and skullcrusher boots. *fans self* It's true, we really do need more of those in real life.

Wow, those leather pants fit him great - where did they come from? He is certainly working them to their best advantage, sure nuff.

I often take hours just picking out the perfect final accessory when I dress my dolls... the Devil is in the details (and She & I are old friends ^^). Sometimes the outfit's the easy part, but you can't choose between two different kinds of eyeball, or three different pair of shoes, or sixteen different belts that all look great... gah! Without a roommate in the house to help decide, I've got to let the doll 'tell' me what he wants to wear. On days when the doll's being coy, I have to flip a coin and just have done with it, because life is short and I've got to eat and sleep SOMEtimes.

18. Hehe. Oh, he knows i love Metal-Heads with long black hair. I keep meaning to get hubby a black cosplay wig lol.

I got those pants off an ebay seller, cant remember which one. They were very standard black pants, no-names.

Yes, the outfit is easy. I sit and hold a ton of different eyes in eye sockets before i choose. But then im soo bad at decision making.

19. The search function seems to work less well on the phone, so excuse me if this has been asked before - can you put male YID heads on female bodies without it looking weird?

20. Sure! It kinda depends on the body you're using, but the ones I've seen looked great. I have seen Lion, Soo Ri, Louis, and Mars as females... Louis & Mars make fresh-faced cuties... Lion & Soo Ri make wonderfully strong, aquiline women. <3