1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Well, that's good to hear. :) I was pondering a YID girl, but none of the actual girls catch my fancy, so I started wondering if the boys could perhaps work out. :P I kinda like the look of Andrew, but I'll have to ponder some more!

2. Ohh, you mean the nYID (new) boys? I wouldn't know about them... this thread is for the old discontinued YIDs. The nYID thread here might have somebody who could tell you about those faces on female bodies.

3. Oh, thanks! :) Didn't realise there was such a big difference between the old and new. :P

4. Yeah, the new guys are quite a departure...! They're more in line with the design of the other big-and-muscular dolls. You can really watch Iplehouse's stylistic evolution (and the hand of different sculptors/painters) when you compare an old YID to an nYID.

5. Hey everyone!!
      I have finally gotten the chance to change out Louis' old (yellowed) emotionless hands for his newer blushed hands I gotten from IH about a month ago.
      Now I did tell Louis that they would not match perfectly. Louis is an older guy as you know. He has overall yellowing as his resin was originally white. So I ordered His new hands in a normal resin. Blushed. They are so much better than his old hands, even though the resin doesn't match perfectly. He is happy. And if he is happy, I am happy too.

[​IMG]

6. Sweet Louis. The new hands look great! :D So those are the nYID hands? They're not too big on him, as I thought they might be. I hadn't realized how small and slim they were.

7. Take a look!
      Louis loves his new hands! And his right hand is posed in a position that he can actually hold something. Yes Jenny they are nYID hands. I was concerned they would not fit. But they do.

[​IMG]

8. That's good to hear! And they look great on him! :)

9. Thank you hervoyel! These hands are absolutely wonderful!! It may be said that the hands "hold" the soul of the doll. Louis is very happy with his new nYID hands.

10. I wish I could be sure that a new pair of Lt.Brown nYID hands would even come close to matching Karim's 6-year-old Tan resin! ... I think he might like having more expressive, mature hands. <3 I also think that his golden-colored stone & glass jewelry (and eyes) would look very sexy against those hands.

Karim :aheartbea
      [​IMG]

11. morelle, there's just something about your boy's new hands that just makes him look like a young and feisty scrapper! They look so powerful!... and they look great too :D

JennyNemesis, your Karim... He's soooo... I just.... I just want to pet him o.o :lol:

Also... have some more Ryushin goodness!
      I went up to my parent's spot, up country ((that's why everything looks so weathered))... I thought I'd take a few quick snapshots while I was up there... and so, here's Zeek, soaking up the sun :3

[​IMG]

12. Awwww, I'm so glad to know the nYID hands can still fit the old YID body! Thanks for this.

13. Does anyone know if the YID head fits on a LUTS Senior Delf or Delf boy body? I'm nearing my wit's end for his current body.

14. I don't know anyone who's hybrided either of those bodies... maybe somebody in the Customization subforum, or Photo Requests, could help you out?
      I know I have seen YID male heads on female bodies often enough, so their neckholes could be on the small side for a male doll. Delfs are skinny too, though, right?

Rémy says ooh la la :truffle:

[​IMG]

15. Hey, I just swapped my Ryushin's head with my Luts SDF Ehead's body.
      Oodly enough, the oYID head fits better on the SDF body then vise versa.

The fit isn't too bad. The SDF body has a longer neck then the oYID body, but it's not that bad. If it was someone else's doll, I probably wouldn't even notice.

The SDF head looks a little awkward on the YID body, though. I mean, it could very well work, but the oYID's neck is almost a little too thin for the SDF head... There's a bit of wiggle room.
      It's not a perfect fit, but I've seen worse ones.

I'm not sure how good of a match the resin is, though. my Ryushin was manufactured in 2009, and my SDF was made just this past June.. they look like they could have been a good match, but my Ryushin is a lot yellower then he use to be XD

16. Hi! Meet my sweet Maaya! She is a YID Gentle Freezia. The kimono its from dollmore (it was so hard putting all together x.x) btw... Is there any FAQ about restringing a YID? x.x Im not a very good english speaker... if someone could help me.. :)

[​IMG]

17. This is Lucy, my Iplehouse Mars. I recently purchased him from vermont chick, and I could not be happier with this new boy! :)

[​IMG]

18. Pretty new dollies, yay!

About restringing- Some YIDs are good posers, and many... are Not. Try several different ways to put the stringing elastic until you find one that works for you. Sueding is a very, very good idea for these dolls. (So are serious mobility modifications, honestly, but I know that's not something everyone can/wants to do or have done)

19. Don't worry, the standard stringing from Iplehouse isn't hard. ^_^
      I'll write it out, but let me know if you don't understand it and I'll see if I can get the booklet out and scan it instead.

You use two circles of elastic. One smaller one (for the arms) and one larger one (for the legs and body).

For the elastic for the arms, start with the middle of the elastic (with the knot) inside the doll's body. Use something to hold one side of the elastic loop at the hole at the doll's shoulder. Taking the other side of the elastic loop, pull it through the other shoulder hole, the upper arm, elbow piece, and lower arm to the hand's s-hook. Now take the other side and pull it through just the same to the s-hook on the second hand. The knot for the elastic should still be in the space inside the body.

The second circle of elastic is folded in half. Place your s-hook for the head in the center of the circle (at the fold), and then pull the two halves of elastic loop through the neck/upper torso and lower torso parts with one loop coming out of each hip hole. Use something to hold the second loop of your elastic at the hip hole while you string your first leg. The elastic goes through the mobility cup part (if you have a mobility joint), the upper thigh, the knee part, the lower leg, and hooks onto the foot's s-hook. Taking the second side of your elastic, do the same on the other side. Done! ^_^

I usually just use a long ribbon to pull the elastic through the doll's parts and hold it at each joint while I get the next part ready with a chop stick. Also, to make it easier for you (and to keep both halves of your big circle of elastic even for each leg) loop one of those little plastic rubber bands around under the s-hook for the head before you pull it through the neck. It will hold everything in place while you string and you can just leave it there. I hope that helps!

20. :love: What a beautiful Mars! Lucy is so fey in his icy hair and luminous blue eyes. :3

I haven't seen a Gentle Freezia in awhile - she is still pretty awesome. Maaya looks so elegant.

A new member recently resurrected a thread I'd posted more than 2 years ago... but the photos are actually 3 years old... ^^ Karim & Samir were indulging in a little cosplay (Soom Euclase's egyptian-god outfit) after a pageant. I had forgotten what fun it was to dress these elegant-looking Siamese-cat boys in Egyptian drag!

[​IMG]

And, it was also nice to see a newbie enjoying these old guys.... It makes me feel better about owning so many old outdated dolls, and so many ancient photos I'd assumed had fallen into oblivion... hearing somebody react to seeing them like they're brand new. :fangirl: Sweet!