1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. Cads, thanks!
      And Reid is looking fantastic as well! Love that wig on him :D Loving the silk pillows and the jewelry :D :D

garrenn, cute boy :)

JennyNemesis, Oh if I had known, I would have stock up on the YID clothes, too. I have such a hard time finding pants that fit properly. I did get one old set before it all went out. The tight black jeans and vest set, and I am glad I did :)
      Brendan looks sharp in a suit jacket, but you are right. His best looks are tanktops and plain t-shirts :D
      We went to a meet a couple of weeks ago. I sold the suit, and he was wearing the jacket with a shirt and tie, and the pants from the vest set.
      I was shopping elsewhere and told the girl to go ahead and take the jacket off Brendan... I came back to find him shirtless. Nothing new there.
      Then I logged in to see the pictures of the meet, and this is what I saw...
      [​IMG]

The caption reads: Gio's doll gave us a show! dadahdadahdadadahda —
      I have no idea where the glasses came from. But I couldn't stop laughing for a while lol

2. Woo woo! :lol: I could tell right away that guy was a party animal. Can't keep suits on 'im.

3. Great tunic, garrenn! Love the scarf. Fynn seems to be rocking it very well, too :D

4. Resin match is also my problem. I'm not very knowledgeable with which resin matches which, so I kinda need to ask around first. Also, I'm not sure if I won't have a problem with the wrist size of the available jointed hands out there. :D

Anyhoo, I had the chance to take some decent photos of Axis last weekend. This is one of his best shots:

[​IMG]

(please ignore the, uh, photo formatting coz from my instagram XD)

5. [​IMG]

Yay, more posts! Here, more Lucy, too. :) This thread needs some life.

6. :love: Oh wowww, more beautiful Marses! It's a cavalcade of prettyboys. Seeing this many Marses in a row makes me happy all the way down to my toes. Reid and Remy have the come-hither thing going on, Axis looks soft and clean and sweet and almost sleepy, and Lucy looks like an energetic rock-star.

I almost hate to break up the progression, but now for something completely different... original open-eyed tan Soo Ri. :aheartbea Ilya was my first Iplehouse doll, and started the addiction that led to the crazy population I have today.

[​IMG]

7. Ahaha, thanks, folks! <33 Reid is the one who gets most of the attention in my house when it comes to YIDs, but I've made it my goal to do more with poor Lee so he's not feeling quite so put out. ^^;; I just love Mars so much; I love seeing everybody's and how different they can look (even without super-dramatic changes made in face-up and styling).

Ilya is gorgeous. <33 I love his eye color with his skin, so pretty. ^__________^

Okay, here is Lee all folded up like a lawn chair. Hahahahaaa . . .
      [​IMG]

8. Sonia and I had a great time in Saint-Petersburg two weeks ago :)

[​IMG]

9. Hi! Just jumping in the thread to share my Aaron, Draco!

[​IMG]

10. I love checking back in this thread to see any new lovelies who have appeared here. :D Sonia and Draco are both beautiful! - I especially like long hair on an Aaron. he's such a beautiful sculpt. And Lee! Lee doing yoga!! <3 He is so amazing.

Samir has come out for photos for the second time in a year (woohoo!)... I took him hiking with me up on Mt. Tamalpais in the rain. He's usually such a nerdy urban schoolboy, but I've found I really like the earthy hippie looks on him.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...the-cloud-(Samir-Iplehouse-tan-Gentle-Soo-Ri) => more in Gallery

[​IMG]

11. This is my YID girl <3
      [​IMG]
      I ordered her on the last day before the original recipe YIDs were discontinued. I had always loved Freezia and figured that if I missed my chance to get her in real skin resin, I might never get it again! She sat in my closet for about 2.5 years (I never even removed the bubble wrap from her body) while I was busy with life but I recently had the chance to get her finished up <3. Sooo worth the wait :D
      The only thing is I'm really disappointed in the YID body. I had to string her so hard, use alll the KIPs and hot glue and she still can barely stand. Also, why did Iplehouse make the front of the hip so low?! Poor girl can't even sit properly.

12. She's gorgeous! And wow, one of the last they made!

13. Thank you so much JennyNemesis!!! He is most definitely a work in progress!!!
      Your Samir is GORGEOUS!!!!

14. So nice to see this thread is still kinda active.

I just got a Barron head off the Marketplace. (The seller had already sold the body.)

I love that sculpt so much. I already have two other Barron's, but I just had to give this boy a good home. Im such an original YID fangirl. :fangirl:

He's pretty old, the owner said, so I'll have to figure out what body will work with him after he arrives. *is all excited*

15. Life in this thread! Here, have some Mars. :)

[​IMG]

I love him to shreds after all this time - and despite having newer Iples in the house! I just do not enjoy this body's limited poseability skills, though; I'm looking into getting him on either a LUTS or a Spiritdoll Elegance body.

16. What a saucy and beautiful Mars! :aheartbea I love that fey white hairstyle on him... it brings out those dewy eyes.

Sometimes I think about getting less-muscled better-posing bodies for some of the YIDs, but then I remember that they're all old Tan & Realskin resins, so NONE of their resin would match anything on the market today! Alas. YID isn't an action-figure body, but it does pose well enough, especially for the languid poses that I need from my guys... and it is so willowy and pretty, I don't think I could part with it anyway. Too much fangirl. xD

Speaking of body-hunts, good luck on yours [MENTION=12930]Rabbit-moon[/MENTION]! - Congratulations on finding a Barron (:love :chocoheart), and I hope you can scare up a suitable body for it. He deserves to be paraded around. And now you have a triumvirate of Barrons? Three in one house, aiee! *swoons*

17. Thanks Jenny! Im so thrilled to have another Barron. That is a sculpt I fell for hard. I know finding a body is going to tough, but I'm on a mission now.

Incidentally, I also love my other Iple YID boys. Enjoy the yummy awesomeness of my Dreaming Lion and Soori.

[​IMG]

Can you believe that both of these boys are white resin? Soori is from 2006 and the Dreaming Lion is from 2007.

18. Ahhh, Dreaming Lion! :aheartbea He is every bit as elegant and beautiful in pale skin as he is in brown skin. You remind me I don't change Karim into his Sleepy Karim head nearly often enough. ^^

I have faith you'll find a body that fits & suits! There's eversomuch more body choices out there now than there used to be, so I'm positive there's a good Barron-bod out there.

19. Didn't realize there was a thread for the old YID's! Nice--

Did someone say Barron? (A bit modded, but still--)

[​IMG]