1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Basic YID dolls Discussion Part III

Mar 22, 2013

1. :love: O hai silver boy!! I haven't seen him in years-- I'm so happy you still have him. He is just icily gorgeous.

2. hobbywhelmed, he is gorgeous! Wow. What mods did you do?
      I shall take some pictures of my couple when I get home and post them for you guys :D

3. Oh Hobby! Your Barron is so handsome! I love him!

More photos, pleeeeeze!

4. Yes pleeze, more silver-fox Barron pics by all means. <3

Rabbit's Dreamy Lion has inspired me to take some nice new shots of Karim. But he's still wearing his usual big-eyed head, even though I'd intended to change him into his Dreaming head.... because that gaze of his absolutely makes me weak in the knees. Ohh those eyes!! :aheartbea His power to knock me out has not diminished one notch after all these years.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php/658377-Lounge-(Karim-Iplehouse-YID-tan-Lion) <= more in Gallery

[​IMG]

5. Giodrakes - I sanded -- "de-jowled" him in the low-cheek/lip-side areas.

JennyNem - it also doesn't hurt that Karim has those delectable molten-honey eyes!

You know how it is around here - almost nobody leaves once they have a name...or something close to a name. Or a character. Or an outfit... In November, I dragged out an old once-white Gentle Soo-Ri to a meet - and he's only got the handle of "Seer"! (His wig isn't actually pink. It's pure white, just does that in photos sometimes. And he will never let go of that pleather kimono)
      [​IMG]

6. Jenny, your gorgeous Lion makes me swoon! *sigh* What an elegant and regal sculpt.

Hobby, seeing your handsome Gentle Soori makes me so sorry I didn't get one/him when I had the chance. He's beautiful!

Time and tide have not changed how beautiful these sculpts are. As a matter of fact, in my eyes, it's only made them more wonderful.

7. HUZZA! I have found a body for my newly acquired ancient Barron head!

I lucked-out and already had a POPO 63cm boy body in normal resin from 2011. I'd say the resin match is almost perfect, and even more so to the naked eye. (Please forgive the flash photography) And, the POPO body is a dream to pose compared to the old YID bodies. I like slender bodies, so this worked out great for me.

[​IMG]

I haven't even put eyes in him yet, because when I get the chance/time/money, Im going to send the head out for a new face-up. I like my Barrons to be hot, sassy, shaven blonds. :wiggle

8. Bwahahahaha! Hot, sassy, shaved blonds can be a lot of fun :D

I tried to get a gentle head for my Soori, when they were selling off the last of the heads around the time they were discontinuing the sculpts, but someone bought it before I did and my sale kept failing :P Poo to whoever got him :P lol

I haven't taken pictures by the way, because Claire (YID Iris) got a chip on her faceup, and I am looking for an artist. Once I find one, I am going to clean off her faceup, soak her whole body and head, and then I'll send the had out, and try to not fidget too much till she comes back :D But yes. I can't post her all chipped. She would kill me in my sleep.

Hobby, the mod looks great. I love how different he looks with that one small change.

9. :dance: Congrats, rabbit! Wow, that Popo body looks great!

And if its resin is a good match for the pale old Iplehouse NS.... now I wonder if I should take it upon myself to make a doll out of that random floating Louis head I got as an event-gift back in 2007 or so. I only have tan YID bodies so the poor guy has never stood a chance of becoming anything, the head's been floating for over 7 years now. :lol: Never could find a resin to match that chalky-pale old NS. And the Popo body is also not too overly-muscled (Louis is such a toyboy head <3).

It's good to see the Seer again too, @hobby-- what a beauty! Gentle Soo Ri is such an elegant face. All those old-style sculpts have the elegance market cornered....

(Yes, Karim still fills me with I Am Not Worthy vibes and I have the urge to bow down and leave the room backwards. xD)

10. Great to see this thread all active, it inspires me to give Kevya some of the attention I definitely owe him now that he has a better faceup. I should get him all dressed and go out on a shoot.
      [​IMG] (modded Barron)

11. Thanks Jenny and Giodrakes! This POPO body matching old Iplehouse normal was such a random stroke of luck! *does the happy dance* POPO normal resin is very pale and creamy, at least it was in 2011 when I got this body. I sure hope they haven't changed their resin colors because I'd love to get another.

I feel your pain, Giodrakes! I also missed out on getting a Gentle Soori when I had the chance. So, that makes two of us looking for a Gentle Soori. I wish you luck. As, I recall, you did get a regular Soori; would love to see pictures of your handsome boy.

Oooooh! Another handsome Barron! Rosslyn, your Barron looks so different with modded eyes. Actually, the open-eyes make him look more stalwart and heroic. I like it! And, yes, you should dress Kevya up and take him out for a shoot! The more old YID love, the better! :aheartbea

12. Thank you! I did his mods myself, as he is an OC I've had for over a decade. No other BJD would work to shell him, since the Barron has got that stalwart jawline of his. He's had his eyes, chin, earlobes and lips modified, but I think he's still pretty clearly a Barron. I moved house last year so I am still unpacking art and dolly stuff and just the other day I finally found Kevya's actual clothes and personal effects- most of them anyway. Now if I can just find his boots!

13. Rabbit - that's a great match! Good "find"! Alas, all the Barron's are getting shaved. Rosslyn, yours had a beard too, right?

14. Ah yes Rabbit's does have a blush-beard, doesn't it? Nah, Kevya's never had a beard. His character cannot grow one at all. He never has to shave, though, what you see there is pretty much his state of looks all the time, which must be an up-side.

15. Thanks Hobby!

There's only one little draw-back with this body, the range of motion for the head is good except he can't bend his head back to look up. He can tip his head forward, and side to side, easily, but lifting his head to gaze at the stars is out. It's not a big deal for me, but I though you should know.

16. Has anyone ever tried changing the hands of their old YID boys? I'm on the lookout for a more graceful pair; I find the fingers on the default hands quite chubby.

17. I took a look back at the facial hair thread I'm subscribed to - Rosslyn, apologies! I was thinking of your Lupin, Lir.

18. Yep that's the one! No problem. Lir and several other dolls I have are very scruffly. Lir is getting a repaint once my backyard studio is done at the end of this month, and to be on topic, Kevya my Barron is also gonna get a better body blushing than his current provisional placeholder work.

19. I have not-- all my old YIDs are dark resins which would never match with other hands. ;; But I am curious to know if the NYID hands are compatible size-wise with the old-YID bodies? Because the NYID boy hands are absolutely beautiful, slender & expressive, unlike these old vestigial slabs.

Has anybody got both old & new in the house, who could try a hand swap?

(Now that I think about it, I have a local friend who has both in the house, and I will make it a point to ask him next time I see him.)

20. VESTIGIAL SLABS! :lol: But, yes, that would be lovely! I'd even like to see if the nYID girl's hands work, lol. All I have here are EIDs and SIDs.