1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse boy Mars!

Jul 25, 2008

1. I really liked Lion (and was planning to get him) until I saw Mars. I have to admit that the girly makeup (he is described as having an "asexual face"...haha) did turn me off at first, but as I kept looking at the pictures, he grew on me more. So...now I'm saving up for him. To me, he looks like the JID Tatiana, especially with his eyeshadow. It's interesting how someone thought that maybe Lion and him have the same head mold, since I like both guy dolls. He's just so mysterious looking. Love him. He'd be my first Iplehouse doll and my first guy doll (I'm new to BJD's). They will be releasing a basic version in the future. It would be interesting to see him without the eye makeup, however.

2. :lol: Hee! I'm sorry, I'm an awful enabler that way. I love Iplehouse men, so therefore, everybody else must love them too (this is how the world works ^^).
      I bet they'll do a Basic release by winter, if his LE run is right now.

He does look a lot like Lion, and also like Tatiana. You could buy all three, and then have a family. :fangirl: Waaa! There I go with that silly 'enabling' thing again! (I also think everyone should have a Lion because they're beautiful. And why not throw in a couple of Soo Ri into your shopping cart while you're at it? They're gorgeous. *snrk*)

Congratulations on your decision & good luck saving! :clover: I can't wait to see owner-photos of Mars, whenever that will be!... And I too am very eager to see a different faceup on him. He's got a great face that I can tell WILL look great in other faceups than this. I usually like heavy eyeshadow, but if I was buying a Mars, I'd wipe off the shadow & the pink lips right away. He'd look great with pale lips & some smoky, but not-so-heavy, brown or gray eyeshadow. I could see his face looking a little tougher with heavy eyebrows & paler lips, and I could also see him looking even girlier if you really laid on the eyelashes. It could be really versatile.

The more I look at this face, the more it charms & intrigues me! Gawww, I hope he doesn't start to obsess my brain, now, because it'll probably be at least a year before he comes out in Tan (if ever!)...

3. oh no, i think i feel something scary coming on!
      *drools*

4. He is a bit too pretty for my tastes... maybe he'd be nicer without the makeup. Well the IH boys are wonderful I hope that the jid boys they'll release are just as handsome.

5. Iple, why do you keep doing this to me? I still have to get Gentle SooRi and then Lion and Barron are on my one-day list. Looks like Mars is going on there as well though with my current finances and extreme desire to quit my job, I think I'm going to be waiting for a standard release. :/

6. I was very happy to find out that they should be releasing a normal version of him a month or so after the limited run. He's just what I've been looking for in a second doll!

7. Soo... Mars will be released in a Basic version then? What's the difference between Limited and Basic... and dare I hope that they release a Tan version of him? Does Iplehouse normally do Tan versions, even if for only a short run? I don't tend to follow Iplehouse releases much, but this boy rather blows me away for a certain character of mine, just need to wait for owner pics for the most part...

8. the differences are usually the makeup and outfit. in the limited ones, they come with a special set of outfit.

IH have done tans for Soo Ri and Lion so far. im not sure if they'll do any more...

9. Mars is simply spectacular. I would so get him instead of a Lion if had the money right now!

10. Ooooh I really want him o.o is it confirmed that there will be a standard edition out in a few months? gives me time to save up for him :D

11. I asked on Iple's Q&A board and found out that Limited Mars can be ordered withot the eyeshadow. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, as it makes him more tempting!

Dear universe, I need lots and lots of money right now! :...(

12. Mars is absolutely stunning! He would be perfect for my character! T___T i hope there will be the basic version of him! He'd be better with a different make-up.

13. Nothing about the Basic edition is officially confirmed yet-- unless somebody has heard different, specific info from their Q&A? Anybody?
      But they usually do that with their new dolls, put out a basic edition not too long after the first LE release.

:eusa_pray We can only hope! When winter comes... we'll see if anybody gets to be Tanned this year.... The Tan releases are short, because it's hard to make many tan dolls. It used to be LE10 or LE20, but last time they just had a one-month ordering period instead of limiting by number. They did Tan Soo Ri 1 in the winter before '06 (ordered at Xmastime, shipped in spring), then Tan Lion & the two Aarons for '07, and then the Tan Soo Ri 2 this past winter. So I will be very sad if they break their tradition! If they don't do tan Mars, I hope they do tan Barron. Ummmm. <3

A tan Mars this year isn't likely, but that would really do me in. I'm positive that Karim has a pretty young cousin in Marrakech, who needs to be a Tan Mars, and who wants to come to America to live here with me...!

14. Don't feel bad! It's a toss up for me to get the gentle Soori or Mars. But I wish that they had Mars in the basic version because I really don't think I could afford the special ed. of Mars at the moment. I guess one of them is going on the wishlist very soon.

15. I'll definitely be buying the fullset Mars, once I get some funds from some recent sales. Everything about him is perfect! <3 He'll be called Gabriel. XD

16. About the Basic release, there is no confirmed date. That's at least what they told me.

17. I just ordered mine on layaway. I can't wait till he comes! XD

18. Oh that's awesome Sapphire Musings! I can't wait to see owner's pics of him!

19. Please remember not to ask for sales or splits outside of the Marketplace. Thank you. :)

20. Mars has kayoed my brain.

"Mars strikes! It's super effective!"

I'm even crazy about this blasted fullset version, which I'm not supposed to ever do ever again - just blank standards to repaint - but noooo, I want that faceup with the eyeshadow, that auburn wig and that silly foofy scarf.

:...(

Congrats to all who have ordered this lovely creature.