1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse boy Mars!

Jul 25, 2008

1. Oh ......No that Ip say my Mars is still in Korea at all....T T

2. I`m waiting of Limited Mars too.
      He is so wonderful, a`m fall in love with him!

3. Does anyone find that he looks like Uruha from Gazette? :D

4. I don't really like the limited version, but the basic one... that gentle face, he's so perfect, ah~ <3
      My 2nd priority list is complete!

5. Hm, as my Mars Limited Edition has been shipped already and I ordered him on the very last day, I suppose quite a few of you who ordered him have already gotten him home... WHERE ARE YOUR PICTURES!? :lol:

6. If there's a chance he will come out Tan later, count me in!

My Aaron (pictured) was supposed to be Tan, but they'd just run out when I ordered. Dark has been just fine - fabulous even! - but I'd like a Tan boy now. Mars would be great Tan.

PS: If he's French, his first name translates as the month of "March," as well as the god. Just by the by....

7. Even though male dolls don't really appeal to me like female dolls do, I think he has the most beautiful face! :fangirl:

8. Hi everyone. I'm new here. :) I "discovered" BJDs a couple months ago when I stumbled onto some really wonderful photos of them over at deviantART. I've spent the last several weeks bookmarking my favourites at all the various websites/companies I could find and I've finally made my decision. As soon as I saw Iplehouse's Mars I knew he was "the one"! I'm going to be ordering him very soon. :)

But I do have some questions that I hope you can help me with. I've been reading (and learning) a lot about them in the past few weeks but the sizes, line names and abbreviations are all very confusing! So my first question is: Mars is an SD-13...is that correct?

I've found a really gorgeous outfit that I want to buy for him and I hope it's the correct size! The outfit is Modern Gray Set from LeeKeworld. Is anyone here familiar with it? There's no information at all about which pieces are (or aren't) included. I'm wondering if maybe the boots, the hat and the knit cap have to be purchased seperately? If no one knows for sure then I will contact them directly, but I figured I would ask here first. :)

I'm also confused about eye size. On the Mars Basic page it says he comes with 16mm eyes, yet on the Limited page it says 14mm. So...which is the correct one? I know I'm not going to want to use the eyes he comes with so I'll be ordering new ones and I don't want to make a mistake. Also, I haven't been able to find the colour I want...a mix of pale lilac/blue/grey. I did find a photo that looks very similar to what I want, but I can't link to it directly. It's on the Migidoll site. If you go to Shop > Selling > suntan Ryo & Miho (sold out)...it's the second photo.

I actually have a very specific eye colour, design and pupil shape that I'd like him to have but I know I'll never be able to just find it for sale somewhere...I'll most likely have to comission it sometime in the future, after I've had a little time to recover from this initial expense. LOL! :D So if you know of anyone who does really good, professional eye comissions, please let me know! From the info I've managed to gather so far, I'm thinking I'll want to go with glass.

And my last question is about wig size. Does Mars wear an 8-9 inch wig? Again, I want to be sure about that before I make my purchase!

TIA! :)
      Ney

9. Hey Neyjour!

OK first of all Mars should wear a 8 - 9 wig. On the IH website the drop down for wigs he could wear is the Y.I.D. one as he is a Y.I.D. I have a gentle Soo -ri who is the same size as Mars and he can wear any wig in that size catagory. Mine came with 16mm and I thought he looked a bit spaced out in them, but then his eyes are half closed.

In terms of finding out what size clothes may fit you may want to look at the following:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pYJlWUXZOXT5_KTZr5vBpTQ - this is a pretty comprehensive spreadsheet with all the measurements for SDs in Mars' size range from 60cm right up to Soom Mecha Angel size.

If you really want the Leekeword outfit, the Leekeword Boys measurements are on that spreadsheet and so should give you some idea of whether the outfit will fit.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225351&highlight=clothes+YID - this is a talk about the Iplehouse boys in which clothing options are discussed.

Also search this forum - http://www.denofangels.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34 for all the iplehouse boys in his YID class, so that's Barron, Lion, Soori, etc. It is an invaluable resource as owners post definitive pictures of their boys and what they mostly wear clothingwise, wigwise and eyewise ;)

Its always the first place I go on DOA when I want info regarding any doll.

I would also look at the Migidoll thread in the database as you might even find a picture of the same guy who is on the Migidoll site and his eye manufacturer may well be listed.

Otherwise, the following are great for glass eyes, some of them have very short ordering periods so you should lurk in the Marketplace when you have reached your post count for a group order to hope on
      :

Masterpiece - http://www.softglasseyes.com/
      Enchanted Doll - http://edea.blankiblue.com/
      Ethereal Angels - http://etherealangels.com/

Hope all this helps!

10. I don't know if this helps, but here are pic of Mars with two different colored eyes. Both are 12mm. 14mm eyes have a bigger iris. It all depends on what you think looks more natural.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. sylvian, thank you so much for the info and links. Much appreciated! :)

That spreadsheet is a great resource! I've got it bookmarked now for future reference, but unfortunately the body measurements for the LeeKeworld entry are blank. I found Mars's measurements on the page where they sell just the body and was hoping that would be the same with the LeeKeworld Boys, but there's no measurements there. Does anyone know where I can get that info please?

elfmoon, thanks for the pics! I would have never guessed those eyes were the same size...for some reason the yellow ones look smaller than the green. Can I ask what the yellow ones are made of? They look so much more clear, bright and shiny compared to the green.

12. I'd like to order Mars tonight, but I'm unsure about which skin colour to choose. Could someone please tell me if the promo pics on this page are Normal or White skin?

13. siriusstar, thanks very much! :) I really love the promos so I think I'll go with normal...the white is a little bit too pale for my tastes.

14. These pics are pretty true to the skintone of my Mars- he's the normal skin colour. It's got a distinctly pinky hue to it, though, different from my Soori and Gentle Soori (also normal skin).

I don't think I've seen any pics of the white skin version of Mars yet.

15. scribblemoose, thanks very much for the link to your pics! :) After seeing those I definitely decided to go with normal skin.

I just placed my order and opted for a Faceup, but it wasn't calculated into the total price. All I was charged for was the base price and the EMS shipping. Will they bill my credit card for that as a separate charge when the order is actually processed?

16. It usually shows up in the total - best thing is to send them a message on their Q&A board about it. They're usually very good at responding to things.

Hope the wait for your boy is a short one and you love him as much as I love my Rhidian :aheartbea. :)

17. Okay, thanks. Will do. :)

I know I'm going to love him! I'm so excited, he's all I can think about right now. LOL! I was reading a thread here at DoA about how some people enjoy the "waiting" part the most when ordering a new doll, but for me it's going to absolute torture!

18. Congrats to you on picking him out. Iplehouse is a good company to work with and their dolls are gorgeous.

It usually takes about a month or so to get your doll although some will ship more quickly but that's relatively uncommon. Use your wait time to continue checking in here and getting more ideas for how you want to customize him and make him uniquely your own.

19. Thanks! :)

I hope a month or so will be all the time it takes. Any longer than that will be pure torture! :(

I am having a great time though, shopping around for clothes, wigs, eyes, etc. and reading up about general care, faceups, seam sanding, stringing, modding and all that other fun (and scary!) stuff. LOL! :)