1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse CREAA Doll

Apr 10, 2018

1. It costs a lot, it’s £12 for Saturday delivery, and I just had to pay the customs fee. I also can’t collect it because the depot is too far for me to get to, and they don’t offer collection usually.

Technically I can have post delivered to work, but 1) wouldn’t want to risk such an expensive item, and 2) I don’t want to take it on my long several-bus commute! In the end, that only leaves one option. Having to patiently wait for Monday! :(

2. @nattherat Luckily I can pick mine up. Which I pretty much have to do with all my BJD related packages...guess it's all about anticipation for you now...but Monday....ugh...

3. Congratulations to everyone who has their CREAA's now, @nattherat I hope time goes by fast and you can have your Leah boy with you, you're making a hybrid with the body, right?

I went through this thread so many times, admiring all of them, waiting and waiting for my sweet Frog Prince, and finally he's here! We're still waiting for his eyes and wigs and I was lucky to find his full set on the DoA market.

[​IMG]

Right now he's loosely strung which makes playing a bit difficult but next week a friend and I will tackle that scary task

4. Sounds like you're caught between a rock and a hard place, @nattherat . Hang in there -- Monday will come eventually. I can't wait to see your CREAA.

Your Frog Prince is looking good, @LunarWolf. I don't know which wig you've ordered, but I really like the one he's wearing.

5. Congrats @LunarWolf ! And thanks @vermont chick and @dollhausen ! :) Yep, I just gotta wait it out. The weekend will be hardest, it would have been nice to have it in hand for then!

I am indeed making the hybrid. I really hope it will look okay haha, I'm not sure how easy or hard it will be to sell a boy Leah on in the worst case scenario. I'm not worried about bobble-headed-ness, because the intended look is very heavily cartoony and stylised (I can't remember if I said what head I was going to put on the body, but it's Dollzone Benjamin!) rather than the graceful look that CREAAs originally have, I'm just hoping it has the mobility I want to be expressive and have a character.

Well, I guess I'll find out on Monday! Just... three more days to get through... and then also most of Monday until after work haha...!

6. @LunarWolf Score on finding the fullset! That gives me hope that maybe someday I'll find the Zinnia clothing that Iple sold out of. Nice photo and I agree with VermontChick, that wig looks great.

7. @nattherat I feel your pain more acutely today. I got home from work to find an orange notice on my door. My Echo Town doll is in the bowels of USPS and my post office is closed on weekends. Aargh!!

8. I've got a doll being held hostage in Customs as we speak. There isn't postal service delivery in Canada on the weekends so I highly doubt there'll be any movement on him until Monday *sigh*. Hopefully they don't keep him there long.

9. Customs/post limbo for us all! :( I hope everyone can get their dolls ASAP!

10. Strength to @nattherat, @dollhausen and @Iron_Dog !! May the weekend go fast so you can all enjoy your dolls!

Thank you for your comments on my Frog Prince everyone! The wig he's wearing is a Monique Jojo tied at the back but I want short hair and a lighter color, I'm looking forward to see which one fits best.

@dollhausen I was very lucky, someone was selling their Clive together with the full set and I asked if they would be willing to sell me just the clothes. It's a risk to ask sometimes but it can pay off. I hope you're able to find the clothes for your Zinnia one day!

11. You're welcome! Actually I think I'll try to share all patterns that I've already made for my girl...

OH! Congrats! Did you ordered Black Pandora set too?
      It's really interesting how different your Clive is looking like comparing with Clive who's live in my house=))))
      [​IMG]

12. I got back, my boy arrived, I opened him!

[​IMG]

There's another image on my instagram too. He's very beautiful! Perfect for an elf really! It was very nice of them to agree to my request, I don't get the impression that it's a common thing for them to do, and I really do like this head most of all.

I tried my DZ hybrid, and didn't really immediately feel it, but I'm not sure yet if that's because the head is blank and the body is nude, or if I genuinely don't feel it. I'm going to wait for my DC head to arrive - which will admittedly take a long time - and see how I feel with that one!

Even if it turns out the worst case scenario (and nothing really looks how I wanted and I just have to move on), the combination they've made is really beautiful, and I'm really glad it exists because I'm not sure how many other male Leahs I'm ever likely to see around!

13. @nattherat - He's gorgeous! :love I vote for keeping him as is--he really is a perfect male elf. I'm aware of only one other instance where Iplehouse has put a female head on a male body, and that was for a JID Asa (who made a really attractive boy).

14. @nattherat Omg I love Leah as a boy! If things don't work out for your hybrid, you have a gorgeous fall-back option.
      You're not wrong about Iplehouse being reluctant to do this type of combination. The Asa boy mentioned by @vermont chick is actually a funny example. Roterwolkenvogel asked Iplehouse for the JID girl Asa head on a JID boy body and they flatly refused, no way. Then a very short while later they put up for auction exactly what she'd asked for. Ahhh, doll companies, lol!

15. @nattherat I agree with everyone else. I think you've got your match. Now to get paint, a wig and clothes to make it happen.

16. Haha thanks all! It’s really not my intention for the combination to be the main doll though, I just felt it was worth recording for anybody who wanted to see Leah on a male body. If the hybrids with DZ and DC don’t go well, I’ll be letting the lot go - I don’t have the room for dolls I don’t 100% feel. Just wanted to say that to give a more realistic idea of whether Leah is likely to pop up much haha.

But wow, I really did luck out with my request huh! Now I feel a bit bad that I’m not as in love with the CREAA line as someone else might be, yet got the exact combination I asked for. I didn’t realise they granted such a request THAT rarely! :sweat Maybe hopefully it indicates them being more open to those requests now though?

17. I'm another who thinks that combo is fantastic. Leah look amazing as a boy. I wonder why Iple is so reluctant to head swap. I mean, I could see it if somebody was asking for an EID head on a JID body or something like that, but generally there isn't much issue playing musical heads within the same (relative) body size.

18. I knew there was something I was forgetting about that Asa head switch. Thanks for filling in the details, @eland.

I'll bet Iple's initial refusal was a kneejerk reaction, an automatic No-we-don't-do-that. When they thought about it--maybe after someone out of curiosity popped an Asa head on a boy body and realized it worked--they relented. In a way I can see where they're coming from. The doll is a work of art and the female head is intended for the female body. Asking for something different would be like someone saying, "Hey Mr. Picasso, I like the top of this painting and the bottom of that one. Can you put them together for me?" (All pause while Picasso goes ballistic.) On the other hand, if the BJD hobby caters to customization, which it does, why shouldn't it be possible to choose which head to put with which body, so long as the parts fit together? In my opinion, that's what Doll Choice should be for. They do it for some sizes, but not all.

19. To reassure everyone, I think for sure if the body is staying then the head will too! :D And it will be a body-share situation, so Leah will appear from time to time. If the body isn't staying, then the head won't either, and I imagine boy Leah would be able to find a new home since it really is a beautiful combination!

@vermont chick Yeah, I can see that. I definitely don't necessarily agree with it if that's their opinion, because if you don't want things about the doll changed, then the doll shouldn't be sold as a customisable blank doll (sell it as a complete art doll instead, the market is there!), but I can understand an initial knee-jerk reaction if they had that. I do feel pretty humbled now, that they fulfilled my request, so I have decided that whether Leah stays with me or leaves, I won't separate the head and the body! I feel like... I kind of owe that, haha.

The hybrid has grown on me a little overnight! I think it was mostly the shock of going from the very subtle nuanced Iplehouse sculpt to the quite cartoony DollZone sculpt, it's such a different look. I'm still going to wait until the Doll Chateau head comes in to make any decisions, but I think it was more to do with how stylistically different and therefore jarring it was, rather than anything else. I think it may also be because it's taken 2-3 years to get to this point (this point being: a blank full doll now exists), and in that time I've personally gotten much better at sculpting and even made my own doll heads. So I think I might have outgrown my own plans. That's kind of a tangent though so I'll stop there!

20. @nattherat - With all the staff turnover Iplehouse has had over the past few years, there is also the possibility that the current crew is more amenable to creating hybrids for customers. So don't feel guilty if the doll truly doesn't work for you and you feel compelled to re-home it.