1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse CREAA Doll

Apr 10, 2018

1. I fell in love with Cynthia but it's not the right time to get her. My poor Frog Prince Elias (Clive) is sad but understands. If anyone who orders her would be willing to do a split for the outfit I'd be grateful (I'm in the EU).

2. Here is the head comparison I promised. Left to right we have WithDoll Emma (normal skin), WithDoll Angela (got her in trade so I'm not sure of the color--it looks dark gray to me), Model Delf Annette (normal skin), and MiniFee Lishe (natural skin). Emma and Annette look like a good color match, except both have faded slightly, Annette more so than Emma. I don't have a neck adapter, so Lishe's head is barely balancing on the neck. The other heads fit without adapters. As far as wig size goes, Emma and Annette wear 6-7, Angela wears 5-6 (or 6-7 with a wig cap), and Lishe wears 7-8.
      [​IMG]

Sorry the photo is somewhat out of focus.

#262 vermont chick, Nov 16, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    3. Thanks a lot for your pics! I'm still waiting for my Creaa-Dollchateau hybrid... as soon as I'll get it in my hands I'll show her too)))

4. I've got my Dollchateau Elizabeth head (almost 7 inches), so here is comparison between Sara and Elizabeth. My opinion - a bit bigger, than I'd prefer...

[​IMG]

5. @Helgovochka - Not only is the head bigger, but it makes the neck look extremely long and thin.

6. Exactly... but when you do not compare them she looks quite nice... especially when you're add her wings (it's old Psyche body)

7. That explains why the body proportions look different. If the ankles line up evenly--and it appears they do--then the Psyche body's shoulders are lower than the newer body's shoulders. I want to say the Psyche neck is longer, but it's hard to say for sure because of the outfit on Sara doesn't show all of her neck. It looks as if Iplehouse modified the body slightly after Psyche's release.

8. Do you have a more closer pic of Model Delf Annette (normal skin) variation? I'm really interested how it looks more closer to the neck... (And I'm thinking about buying Lazuli's head (it smaller, but has same neck as Annette)

9. Unintentional duplicate.

#269 vermont chick, Nov 27, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    10. Here is a close-up of the same photo of the MDF Annette head on the CREAA-J girl body. Annette is 2 years old, so I don't know how well the colors will match with a newer head. I'm thinking of buying the Lazuli head, too. That sculpt wasn't available when I ordered my MDF girl.
      [​IMG]

11. Oh! Thanks=)
      Does head is seating good on CREAA's neck?

you may put head close to the window, so it would be faded... I have same problem as my Psyche body is a bit old....

12. @Helgovochka - The head sits very well on CREAA's neck. No adapter or modification is needed.

The Model Delfs are near a window, but that window has fully lined dark drapes referred to as blackout curtains. The sun never reaches the corner where I keep the dolls, so I wouldn't expect that much fading. (Didn't expect it, but it happened anyway.)

13. Sometimes the mellowing just happens. I have an RS boy in the old blue. Like all my dolls, he lives in his box unless I'm actively doing something with him. His exposure to light of any kind is very, very minimal. Yet he's turned a lovely shade of pale turquoise (which actually works better for his character so yea!). I think he might've been an unstable batch as he turned that shade within about 3 years. It's utterly even, too, which is why I assume it's just the result of aging. To be honest, I hadn't realized how much he'd mellowed until I had him next to a friend's blue doll and I was all 0.0

14. Great! Thanks a lot!

15. @Iron_Dog - I read somewhere once that fading begins from the moment resin is first exposed to light. In other words, you take the doll out of its box, dress it, take photos, undress it and put it back in the box--and the chemical change has already begun to work its nefarious magic. Like you said, sometimes the color change is mellow and even. Other times, not so much. I bought a doll from another company several years ago that was supposed to be Korean Ivory. The doll arrived a peachy pink. Over the years she has mellowed to a lovely ivory. It's uneven, but she is finally the color she was supposed to be. She definitely came from an unstable batch. Not to scare anyone, but you never know which it's going to be.

16. @vermont chick Yes, everything ages, some less gracefully than others. This applies to people as well as dolls *laughs*.

I think I've been rather fortunate with a lot of my guys in regards to mellowing *knock on wood*. Jolen (the RS boy) is the only one who shouts, "I've mellowed!" I have another RS boy in red and I honestly can't say that he's got any apparent mellowing of his resin (although, I've no other RS red to compare him to). He was never a brick red to start (and I bought him direct from RS). He's more a... medium rust and I'd say he's still more or less the same shade/tone now even after 5 or 6 years. I'd cautiously say my WS boys have been holding up well, too, with their colour change only really being noticeable when put next to brand new WS. Even then, it's more of a warm ivory tone going on instead of the stark paper white most started out as, which is actually quite nice.

17. I found out that original Psyche's head is bigger, but body is the same... actually that's why previous owner of my hybrid thought that Elizabeth's head looks ok))))

18. A larger head does make a body look different. I noticed when I put together my composite photo that Lishe's big head made the CREAA neck look much shorter.

19. Yay!!!! I'm waiting for the Cynthia's head!!!!!!! So happy that I found a person to split head and body!!!))))))

By the way... I've heard about some strange things with points and old orders... but as I never used them and as I'm on a kind of begginer level in hobby :blush, so I'm not really familiar with this system at all. But I was thinking about using them for CREAA's shoes... and now I'm a bit confused

20. @Helgovochka - You earn points every time you make a purchase. If you don't use them, they accumulate. As you place an order and go through the checkout process, look down the page until you see Points. You'll see how many points you have, along with a space where you can tell Iplehouse how many of those points you want to use with the current purchase. It then subtracts that number from the amount you need to pay. (It's a discount.) I think you need to accumulate a certain number of points before you can use any. It might be 10 or 15, I don't remember exactly. I never use my entire amount at once; I like to leave some to use with a future purchase in case I need it.