1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse CREAA Doll

Apr 10, 2018

1. Metal leafing on a face-up never would have occurred to me. It sounds intriguing. I suppose it would be possible to build up an eyebrow shape on the resin with glue (I'd say Apoxy but I doubt that would come off if you changed your mind later) and then applying the leaf over it. I'm tempted to try it, probably on a gift faceplate that I wouldn't otherwise use, in case I make a mess. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. I adhere the leaf in place, I used Mod Podge. It's water soluble so if you want/need to remove it, it's not super difficult. I would recommend soaking the piece in warm water for about 30 minutes before attempting removal and be prepared to use a good amount of elbow grease. Additionally, once the pieces were fully dried, I applied 2 thin coats of Mod Podge over the leaf to seal it. Then waited 6 weeks before stringing as that's how long it takes to fully cure.

I would also suggest using the loose leaf as opposed to the stuff that's stuck to paper that you rub gently into place. The paper bound stuff is a pain when working with curved resin parts and getting full coverage is tough and an exercise in patience and frustration. In addition to metal leafing Mkhai, I also leafed an event arm for one of my other dolls and initially used the paper bound stuff, which is how I know it's a total pain.

3. Finally decided what I wanted. Ordered Leah Fairy in GSR with her outfit + Chloe's outfit and butterfly blue shoes.
      I also got the little black/white dress and black butterfly shoes. No faceup. I liked the one on the pale skin, but didn't think it would tranlate well to tan. I like painting little faces and want her to have dark eyebrows, etc. 3 part layaway so it will be a while.
      She will hang out with my Batchix elves and Creature Doll Karin. :daisy

4. @Iron_Dog - I know you meant to help, but you've convinced me it's more work than I want to tackle. Guess I'll just leaf it alone. :lol:

Can't wait to see your Leah, @petiteballerine. She should look stunning. I didn't know we could add an outfit from a different CREAA to go with a CREAA order. That's pretty cool! Of course, what would be cooler is if they would add more clothing to the line.

I'm debating whether to order the little Fennec fox as a pet/familiar for my fairies. I love the big ears.

5. @vermont chick - it's very confusing. they list some outfits with some dolls but not with others. Leah can have the witch, Chloe dress, fairy outfit. I asked for the butterfly shoes and they added them. you can order the chloe head as an extra with Leah.
      I like Leah's cute little face and hope I can glam it up just a bit. since she's such an odd size, I went crazy for outfits.

the fox is adorable. hard to resist until I added up my cart! ;)

6. I got my Leah with her fairy fullset. I love it on her. I didn't buy any extra outfits--not that they had much at the time she was released--because the clothes I have left from when I collected Ellowyne Wilde dolls fit her. Everything is a bit short, but the waistlines all fit.

Do I take it you resisted the fox? I'm still debating. If I buy one I'll wipe out my PayPal balance, which would otherwise pay the first installment on a doll I'd love to order elsewhere. Not that I need another doll.

7. I passed on the fox. he looks very small - like my dollie piggy bank. maybe another time. I'd love a pet for the little crew.

8. @vermont chick we never need more dolls. We're just horribly addicted to resin in the form of dolls.

9. Oh, I definitely don't need more dolls. And how's this for addicted? Thanks to a number of sales I am currently awaiting more dolls than some people have in their entire collections. And to think I was selling dolls in order to downsize my collection. All I seem to be downsizing is their size.

10. @vermont chick well, you know, these things happen.

Last year, after I was finally made Trustee for my brother's estate and able to begin settling his affairs, I decided that I could treat myself to a doll. But there were 2 I wanted and 1 was limited. The Hubby (aka my enabler) said get both as it was now something I could afford to do without fretting over every penny. So I literally bought 2 dolls in under 10 minutes, something I've never done in 11 years in the hobby. I think that might've flipped a switch or something in my head as I then went on to purchase 6 dolls in 6 months. Fine, they were all of limited availability in some way but..... I'm a little afraid/excited that the trend is continuing this year as we're 3 months into 2019 and I've already bought 2 more dolls. I still need to buy a body for a head but after that, I'm done?

11. @Iron_Dog - In this hobby, you're never done. I've justified more doll purchases than I care to think of--I can always come up with a reason to buy a doll. In fact, I can come up with far fewer reasons why I shouldn't buy. I don't think I've ever bought 2 dolls in less than 10 minutes, however, unless it's 2 at once from the same company because of a special deal. I did that once with 2 FIDs from Iplehouse.

12. My first 2 dolls were bought at the same time in 2004: Cerberus Project Elf Lishe and Elf El. I still have them.
      Then much later, CP Feeple 65 Elf Roke and Chloe were offered as a couple for a special price. They're still here, too.
      If IH offered a CREAA boy and girl as a couple, I'd have jumped on that. Love the froggie.

13. No, they were from different companies. one was a Dollshe (I'm still waiting on him nearly a year later *sigh*) and a Granado 53cm Lucifer.

14. I wish Iple would offer another CREAA boy. I want one to be Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians but neither existing sculpt looks quite right. The body is perfect--it's the faces that don't work.

15. I have almost the same size cat, and it looks a bit ... big...
      But Walloya Morring's dolls should be way much better... Like I have one pic with Leah and tiny fox (not mine) from one of our parties
      [​IMG]

16. @Helgovochka - I wasn't familiar with Walloya Morring so I looked online for photos. Wow! The foxes are amazing! I love the funny little monsters. And the tarsier that looks like Yoda. They appear to be 3-D printed.

17. Yep. But they are quite cute and it was a real pleasure to play with them. Also I guess you may check evestudio

18. I'm familiar with Eve the Cat. Her prices are crazy expensive. (I love her baby dragon.)

19. #359 Helgovochka, Apr 12, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    20. She's lovely. the outfit she's wearing is very pretty, too.