1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse CREAA Doll

Apr 10, 2018

1. Headshots sounds like a good plan @vermont chick :lol:
      You can show us that lovely faceup you chose :) (hope it cools down for you though, just for some relief)
      Sadly, even naked shots of the CREAA hybrid have been delayed by a crisis at work. I hate leaving a doll languishing at the post office :pout:

2. @eland - Rotten luck! I hope you can get your doll from the Post Office soon. How long do they keep it before they send it back, do you know?

If it weren't for Independence Day, I'd be getting a delivery today, but the Post Office is closed and I don't think EMS qualifies for special delivery on a holiday. Happy Birthday America! Now gimme my doll.:vein

3. Those outfits have been removed from the website now. I've seen them do that before where they put up "Coming Soon" rather than "Sold Out" for what reason I don't know. I bought that black dress so my Zinnia would have something to wear...I recently bought some shoes for my minifees and their feet are the same size. The problem is going to be that those long thin legs are going to make most shoes look ginormous. Of course, that's a typical problem with shoes in the bjd world.

Looking forward to seeing people's dolls as they come in.

4. @dollhausen - Wow, they must have removed those in the last day or two because the last time I looked the outfits were still there. Thank goodness I slogged through the heat and humidity and made a dress for Zinnia to come home to.

And she's here! The driver showed up shortly after 9 a.m. -- I wasn't even dressed yet. It's taken me all day to finish her dress and find her a wig. For some reason I thought she wore a size 6-7 wig but they were all humongous on her, so I picked out a size 5-6. I'm still planning to make her a hairband to go with the dress. For now, here's Zinnia:
      [​IMG]

5. She looks amazing @vermont chick ! Nice work! :kitty1

I was able to rescue Leah yesterday. (The sms said she'd be there until the 16th, but I was not about test that theory!)
      I'm totally smitten with her long delicate features :love
      Will have to try and get those photos done asap.

6. @vermont chick Wow, that's quick work. Good job! Where'd you get the shoes? I'm impressed how much you got things together in such short time. She looks great.

We'll see if I can live with the default faceup. Figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes.

@eland - Looking forward to pictures!

Edit: I just got my shipping notice! Soon, my nocturnally obtained Zinnia will be here!

#146 dollhausen, Jul 6, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    7. @eland and @dollhausen - Thanks! I already had the shoes. They are MiniFee size--perfect length and not too wide--made by Doll In Style (now renamed AnyDollStyle) and sold through Denver Doll Emporium. I wish I had bought every color they had initially, because once they sold out they never came back. AnyDollStyle seems to be focusing on tiny dolls now. Total bummer, because I want more shoes.

So glad you rescued Leah, @eland. I can't wait to see her!

Congrats on your shipping notice, @dollhausen! My Zinnia arrived very quickly, despite the holiday, so your wait will probably be a short one.

Here's another look at Zinnia. At the moment I'm thinking of naming her Zelda, so as not too confuse her with my Dollmore Judith Zinnas--not that she looks anything like them. As soon as I finish the hairband I'm going to crochet a shawl to go with the dress. Her wig is a reddish brown Monique Faye--with lots of flyaways.
      [​IMG]

8. @vermont chick Don't all wigs have flyaways? She's looking good though.

I ordered some B&W Lolita shoes from Blueblooddoll on ebay to go with that B&W dress. I also ordered three pairs of shoes from Dollmansion on ebay for my Minifees so I'll have some to try. I have a list of things that are on the docket to do further research. I'll wait to see. With the CREAA's being so slender that mongo boot thing might look more huge on them. By the way, did you get heel feet with Zelda?

9. @dollhausen - I think the finer the hair, the more flyaways you get. Monique wigs have very fine hair. She did come with heel feet. :celebrate Not that it makes all that much difference at the moment seeing as the only high heels I have that sort of fit need to be stuffed at the toe because they're slightly too long (Iplehouse JID girl high heels and SartoriaJ FID high heels). The width is pretty good, though.

I finished Zelda's Flapper-inspired outfit. Here she is, ready to Charleston:
      [​IMG]

10. @vermont chick She is lovely - this style suits her very well. Is that a new background? It looks as if it was made for the dress.

11. @vermont chick Looks like she's in one of those basement speakeasies, dancing the Charleston and imbibing prohibited liquor. Good for Zelda. Just tell her that the freedom of the flapper means that she must stay away from F. Scott by any means necessary. He'll steal her diaries and ruin her life.

12. @ResinRapture - Thank you. It's one of my older backgrounds. I almost didn't use it because I was afraid the gray in her outfit would disappear among the gray bricks. On the other hand, it does make the pink stand out.

@dollhausen - I'm glad it looks like a basement and not an outside wall--like she's hanging out in an alley. I should look for in-scale glasses and liquor bottles. What's funny is I have a Monique wig named Gatsby that I almost put on her. It's the wrong size but it fits. (I wonder if Zelda F. would have succumbed to mental illness if she hadn't married F. Scott?)

13. Yeah, it's hard to say. One could definitely say that the alcohol fueled lifestyle and living in his shadow didn't do her any favors.

14. She so looks like she's ready to dance @vermont chick - Love it! :)

Looking forward to seeing your accidental Zinnia @dollhausen

I finally got around to getting a photo of the Dollzone/CREAA hybrid. When I put the Moon head on, I wasn't really in love with it. I decided to throw a dress and wig on her to see if that helped. But I'm still undecided.
      [​IMG]

I tried a couple of other heads as well, while I was at it. Posted here: https://denofangels.com/threads/iplehouse-creaa-hybrids.779358/

15. Thanks @eland!

I've just had a look at your hybrid comparison thread. From the front, the Moon head probably looks best, if only because the resin colors are close. It might work depending on whether the hairstyle hides the larger Moon neck opening. She's growing on me the more I look at her.

16. I think you're probably right @vermont chick. Out of the current group of heads, she'd be the best contender for keeping the body, if only because she's the only white head I have :lol: (even then, the match is not great in real life). I'd probably have to dye the body for any of the others and uhhhh... not only do I not know how to do that, but I'm just not that invested in any of the others.
      I'm going to leave Moon like this for a while and see how I feel about her. From certain angles it does sort of work. Hmmm. Time will tell.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's CREAAs in the meantime!

17. Paid off my layaway early since the UK government seems eager to sink the ship. :roll: The exchange rate could be better by my layaway date, but I’m not taking the gamble.

Ah well. At least I’ll maybe get my Leah very soon!

18. @nattherat Don't you just hate when the government goes and stuffs around with your hobby plans? :lol:
      I'm sorry to hear about that mess. But very exciting that Leah will be on the way soon :)

19. Haha they’re doing much worse. The ramifications for the job market are awful. Mine is safe for now, but I can’t say the same for others, or mine long term. Doll plans being messed up are the least of the problems! ...which is why I figure it’s safer to drop the money now, in case layaway day comes and I literally have to lose all the cash I’ve paid thanks to external factors!

20. Ahhh, painful exchange rates. This has been a way of life here in Canada for a very, very long time. Like literally years, possibly as long as a decade. I think the last time we were at parity with the US was back in... 2005? 2006? As of today, $1US=$1.31CAN. I get excited when it drops down to $1US=$1.25CAN. Smaller purchases aren't too bad, but a full doll usually leaves me wincing and my wallet sobbing softly in a corner.