1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID boy - Arvid

Jan 25, 2011

1. The rifle looks a touch steampunk to me. JMHO. He's really nice but not what I'm looking for.

2. Oh my ever living ____ He almost does look more perfect for Haydn than Luo does. Right down to the pointy nose... And that outfit is more gorgeous than I imagined.

Goodness he's lovely...

3. The more I look at that face, the more I like it. I really hope he will be released as basic version one day. Not too soon, though. Hm, maybe, one day as special edition. Tanned. As a gunslinger ought to be. Preferably not before I found a new, bigger flat with more room for dolls. *gg*

4. I'm also suffering a serious case of outfit envy right now, but no doll to fit it.

5. oh man, he's is so yummy looking D: I want him, but the mechanics of that body......make me cry. His outfit is so gorgeous, it's got more of a bounty hunter from something like Firefly to me than a wild west cowboy though. I love how the rifle is kinda steampunk :3 too bad my EID Evan would never wear an outfit like that -_- or I'd be grabbing that up in a split!

6. Ooh! Now that you pointed it out, 2otaku, I'm totally seeing it. That's rad.

Yes, that's why I like him so much too... <3 his face seems so enigmatic, like he has a whole different expression depending on what angle you view him at. And I love dolls like that.

It's also the kind of sculpt that, the more you look at it, the more you love it, which is currently what's happening to me. ;; I love him more every time I look at him haha.

Is he RS or Light Brown in the photos? oO RS looks kinda dark to me sometimes, so it can confuse me.

7. I'd venture to say that he's RS. The shot of him in the vest and blouse has both black and white in it so the camera isn't messing with the tones too much, which makes it look the truest color, to me, and it appears RS. Heck he looks pale enough to be NS in some of the first photos... But yeah, def. no brown skin in the promos.

EDIT

Ok Iplehouse did put the description:

8. I feel so behind. I was in traing all day and didn't have to peek at the site till now.

The limiteds tend to be offered in (and pictures taken in) RS or other special resin, then you have your usual choices of resins with the basic release. Course, you could also wait till he pops up on Custom Order if you want RS but can't swing getting him right now. Which may be my route. :/ Because curse IH once again, he's dang purdy. :) The artist rendering did not do his face justice imo.

9. Azha: Right? A bunch of us were thinking "Tedros' brother" based on the drawing, but this guy is closer to Luo. Not to knock Tedros or anything but the actual sculpt is just much more... Manly pretty? Tedros is "just" Handsome.

And holy cow he takes 10mm eyes. @_@

10. Ah, thank you ZennoSaji, I failed to notice that it mentioned the skin type when I read through all that info this morning... and now I feel stupid :I

He still reminds me a lot of Tedros though! He looks sort of like a Tedros and Luo hybrid to me, with the tiniest bit of Akando mixed in.

"Manly pretty" is the best way to describe this guy. XD Past sculpts were either manly, or pretty -- Arvid is somehow both!

11. Yeah, I do see the resemblance to Luo in the upper face, but with some years on him. Like if Luo and Tedros had a love child. :) I just mentioned in the regular EID/SID thread that they finally got an EID that really looks older than a SID (well, Tedros in certain resins looked older), and I like it!

I'm going to go back and drool, and then add up the cost of the full set and smack myself back to reality.

Ok, I've come back to reality. As seen is a $1300 doll. This is when I rail that IH doesn't sell through any other retailer that may offer longer term layaways. Barring an unexpected windfall or really creative financing, I'll be adding him to my basic/CDS wish list.

12. Aww, don't feel stupid. :3 We're all so anxious to see the new dolls we often just glaze over the info. I actually had to look after I'd answered you XD

Yeah I see the Akando, too. X3 Especially from the front view. Yeesh this guy. He's got everything @_@ Testosterone, prettiness, maturity... *purrs*

13. Speaking of stupid...I don't understand how we are supposed to order the bullets...*_*

"...We are afraid that the option items are not enough.
      Therefore, we had to register the bullet as separate items
      Please make an order bullets as much as you want."

Would he still come with the criss-cross chest thingie in the fullset....that you then buy bullets for? :doh I'm confused.

Edited to add Ok I see the cartridge belt comes with the fullset...but where are the bullets? I didn't see them in the accessories...

Edited to add (again) and I must say...I'm dreaming of seeing him with that cartridge belt on and no shirt or vest! :XD:

14. Uuuuurgh he's so hot I'm having trouble containing myself from squealing xD If only he doesn't cost 1300 bucks...

15. So gorgeous! :aheartbea Akando & Luo & Tedros's love child, no kidding! I love that they have finally used more of Luo's features in a new face; the square jaw, delicately puckered brow, & catlike mouth shape are so excellent. But since I already have all 3 of his 'parents' at home, all I would really love from this bad hombre are his shoes and coat. Oh yeah, and the weaponry. Man that is a great fullset!

I would love them to show pix of him in Brown too. This guy will be an absolute pantymelter in Brown.

(And I sure wish they had started this both-Brown-and-Realskin option thingie back for Tedros's first release! Great idea for them to start doing that.)

16. Anyone know if they'll release him in basic? If they will, I'll save my money for my SID girl bod..and if not..I might have to get him. >_>

17. My god the price on a fullset is astounding...but hes so handsome :...(!

18. Brittox: It seems that the only ones they don't release as basics are the Black characters (Kamau, Ashanti, Felix, etc.), so I'd put money down that Arvid will come out as a Basic. :3 He should be available on the CDS if nothing else.