1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID boy - Arvid

Jan 25, 2011

1. He is a bit too masculine for me, but definately a step in the right direction for the hobby. I have always wanted dolls exactly like Arvid. More realistic, but with just a smidge of idealism. This is the epitome of what I wanted in this hobby since day one. I will hold out for hopefully a realistic, but more feminine looking EID/SID.

2. Zenno: God,,I hope so. ;_;

3. *hugs Brittox* I do, too. ;_;

4. Ok. JUST saw the pictures. I have to say he is giving Luo a run for his money, cause now I'm not so sure which one I want. He's manly, too, like Luo, but more... I don't know... "refined"???
      The outfit is killing me. But so is the price tag. Gah.
      And he IS available in NS, RS and Light brown. I'm gonna scream.
      I need a little time to fall in love completely and "cheat" on Luo *sigh*

5. Giodrakes I know just how you feel. The only reason I'm not tearing my hair out over him is he's not available in WS and I don't want to wait for Arvid's basic to come out. Though I might consider a head swap down the line...

6. This is becoming more dangerous. He keeps growing on me.

Curse you, Arvid. Curse your delicious subtly-tanned resin flesh!

After much scrimping and saving and hunting for spare change in sofa cushions, as of yesterday afternoon I had finally saved up what I felt to be a reasonable offer on my grail doll -- $1300 -- and deposited it. This morning I posted a WTB containing that offer.

Then, literally minutes later, I see Arvid for the first time. Fullset price? $1300. Almost exactly.

:T

I feel like I'm being taunted by some higher power at the moment. I mean, minutes after I 'officially' set the money aside, the most amazing Iple doll I've ever seen pops up right in front of my face, costing the exact amount of money that I've just set aside... what mockery is this!?

Although my grail is, by far, my #1 priority, now I'm rather tempted to use part of my grail fund to put Arvid on layaway ;_;

No! I must not give in! I must be strong! >:I

But it's one thing to miss out on a magnificent limited doll because you simply don't have the money. It's an entirely different matter to already HAVE the money just sitting there, whispering seductively for you to spend it >_>

*cries* ;o;

7. ZennoSaji, darnit. Figures they don't have WS *sigh*

kaourika, I'm sorry about your dilemma, but I have to say your post made me LOL :D Too cute.... "what mockery is this!?!?!?!". Sounds like something I would say, but with an F instead of an M lol lmao Too cute. Don't cry. Try to see if you can get the money for Arvid in a couple weeks or something. I don't know your situation, but I think I just found the PERFECT job for me, and I am PERFECT for this job, too. Let's hope they get my resume and read it and realize how awesome I am for the position :D It's one of those that I don't care how much they pay it's so awesome :D *crossing fingers*

8. kaourika: I feel almost exactly the same way! I have the money for it, but it's supposed to be going toward my car fund. The car's more important, but it's not limited. ARGH!!!

9. He's probably out of reach for me, like a lot of the other folks here, but he is awfully tempting. The long order period is a plus. It would be especially nice if it went a few days past the end of February, but that's my selfish wishful thinking based on when my paychecks get cut. :lol:

10. Omygawd. Speaking of birthday present at the end of February....

11. I am eternally glad he is rather manly. He is nearly perfect for what I want for my Yur's twin brother. A little bit less manly and he'll be exactly what I want need. xD Since I am already saving for Efreet and Carina, it's a darn good thing he's not what I'm after. As amazingly gorgeous as he is.

12. Lucky, he's bigger than my crew. I love his face, reminds me of the faces on Justified tv series. Wonderful outfit, quite odd in some ways. The hat is intriguing, to me looks almost more Aussie than US. Also, all those boot latches and little latches? Not cowboy style at all, where you don't want anything on your legs or feet to hook and catch on things, and smooth where it hits the saddle all day. For similar function, think of jodhpurs or chaps. The straps look much more infantry-stuff to me. Not that I'd kick him outta bed for eating crackers, mind...
      This is more adaptable to various other genres, actually. I'm seeing steampunk or post-apocalyptic, say Supernatural-type hunter, maybe zombie-killer.

13. I'm having a dilemma..but I figure if he comes out in basic I can get him..tho the real skin..is gorgeous. >_O I thought maybe I'd get him in NS..but..if he comes out in basic I can get him down the road.

I really love his face. He's masculine to an extent..but to me..tedros is more masculine.

14. Having gawped at him a bit more I am now truly in love with that manly/pretty face. Might have to wait until his regular release and see how he looks in normal skin or else he's going on my second hand market wish-list ;_;

15. When even the roomie takes one look at a doll and says, "OK, that kicks some serious a**." I know I'm circling the doom. He commented on the expense also, though, which I found interesting since he's accustomed to the prices I normally pay for my dolls, and generally doesn't say anything at this point.

If that outfit wasn't such a complete work of art I'd be fine waiting for a custom order period sometime. It's also what adds so much of the ouch to the price tag, naturally.

16. I just completely a sale on a doll and had a nice chunk of money in my Paypal account so it was very easy to hit that buy button although I wasn't so nice to see that Paypal balance nearly disappear. I've always found Iple special edition outfits to be well worth the money and Arvid's is exceptional.

17. Indeed- that outfit is just a feature peice all of it's own. Alas, as with so many others, I just can't afford doll+outfit right now. Sad, really, but hey- perhapse they'll crop up 2nd hand every now and then, and Iple's normally good about making their dolls standard editions :D

18. Swooons <3 he looks like a young clint eastwood, only with a different mouth XD

19. Well, Mr. Drakes and I are in talks still. He helped me pick who's going to be Claire's man (my YID) but he's having a hard time with this one lol But last night we did come to the conclusion that Luo looks older, BUT he says he doesn't know Kaitlyn (my EID Carina) enough to pick a man for her, so I am still sitting on the fence with Arvid *sigh*