1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID boy - Arvid

Jan 25, 2011

1. I am going to order this guy next Friday with my paycheck although I am going to do a lyaway. Come on next Friday!!!!!!!

2. I'm hella jealous carmen!

I'm still trying to scrounge some funds together for this guy! Really hoping I have enough for him and his outfit soon (not worried about wig or makeup)! Even if I have to put him on the layaway!

3. Omg my mother XD

I showed her Arvid and she was like "You like the girly ones."
      What even.

4. I really like him. I was hoping they would have a light-tan? skin promo however though. Does anyone know if they update it later with a picture?

5. Why couldn't you make your own bullets out of Sculpey?

And Iplehouse has some Steampunky lookin' boots that I just noticed that might actually go better with his outfit.
      I WANT ARVID. But I'm nearly broke! I just paid off Jessica!

6. For those of you wanting a basic Arvid, technically you can buy him as basic.

The listed price is $670, in normal skin. That's the same price as other basic EID guys. Ignore all the other options (wigs, eyes, makeup, outfits, bullets, etc), buy him as is and he's pretty much a basic EID.

As for Arvid himself, I'm liking him a lot. Maybe it's because I see Dante from DMC in him? haha Actually it's cuz I like manly and pretty guys. :3 And Iple have been coming out with lots of dolls that I really like that are manly and pretty. This is bad...

7. @ZennoSaji: Maybe you should show her the less manly ones. XD Arvid is still very pretty though.

@aquarius85: I think most people are hoping he'll come out as a basic later when we all have more money saved up, instead of during a limited time when he'll break the bank. ;_;

8. ZennoSaji lol Sure, if the girl she's talking about is Xena Warrior Princess! lol

9. jacobean HAHA Yarly! XD I mean assuming they can even be convincing women, they'd not be much less than Handsome; certainly not feminine. Hell even John Travolta managed to do it in Hairspray. (Oh look that's the second time I referenced him in an EID discussion XD)
      Arvid just needs some good ole' Western style facial hair. Chops that connect to a mustache maybe? That would make him manlier looking. :D

10. I love this forum the most when we're all renting our clothes trying to figure out how to buy a doll. :D

I knew I was in trouble when I spent two hours staring at him trying to talk myself out of it, and I gave him a name anyway. he's freggin' gorgeous in RS. And the translation from one resin to another can be hit n' miss. Studying my drool pattern, it seems as though if I like a doll's RS, I don't like him as much in normal. If I'm not crazy about the RS, I love the normal. So I'm scared that when he comes out in basic (and he likely will), I won't like it and then if he hits the CDS, it's $50 more for RS. Gah. Between the layoff last year and having to rent out the condo this year, I have no idea what my taxes will iook like, so can't even guess a refund or its amount.

What I'm leaning towards -- which is still madness, but the lesser of evils -- is just getting the RS doll w/face up. I think his outfit is awesome, but as others have said, $362? Please. I have some things around that would at least keep him from being naked, though he may be bald for awhile (unless Barron played nice and took the silver wig and let him borrow the brown one). Would still need some of the more creative finacing I've done in a while.

11. Oh goodness, he is a pretty one. I didn't forsee liking him much from his promo picture, but seeing him in his entirety has added him to the Dream Doll list that I know will never happen. One doll is Volks SD16 Pearl, one is Soom Hyperon to be a lovely Vampire Hunter D (entirely unoriginal) and this gentleman's sculpt is perfect to be the Hawkeye from Last of the Mohicans that will just never be mine. He is a gorgeous doll though, I can't wait to see what people do with that thoughtful brow of his.

12. I'd get him in RS..I love it. But I dont need the outfit. >_> God..Im talking myself out of it. No no no.

13. Oh wow. He is fantastic! I love his whole look. Reminds me of Red Dead Redemption, John Marston or Clint Eastwood. If I had the money I would totally be getting him. Can't wait to see owner photos.

14. In fairness -- pardon my enabler-ness here ;) -- it's not a bad price for what's there, outfit-wise. I could make the outfit myself with the right supplies (which would likely run about $75 or so at a guess), but I wouldn't do it for that amount, and I'd rather pay that than go through the amount of work required to actually do it myself.

15. Right? I've been sitting here counting my funds to see if I can spare that $300 for the outfit, and I vowed to never buy something for my dolls that I could make. XD The duster at the very least, man...

16. I'd agree that the outfit's pricey, but not unreasonable. And now that I've looked closer, I'm just as glad they haven't given him cowboy boots. He's wearing leather pants, cowboy boots wouldn't look right. Not to my used-to-show-western brain.

I'm not sure why they didn't just include the bullets with the belts, though.

Some day in the future I'll cheat on Luo with him, just as Giodrakes is thinking of doing :sweat. He's replaced Luo as best prospect for a character of mine, and fixes Luo's too-cutsey nose in terms of fitting the character . . . I'll get him in NS, and obviously not as part of a set. But wouldn't it be awesome to have a random money flood? Then I'd get TWO, so I could have a light tan fullset version as well :sweat :sweat :sweat.

17. LOL timid, how I wish :D
      Let's see what happens next week. All I need is ONE interview and I'll be in. They will love me, they just have to give me a chance to meet them, that's all :D If I get the job, I think I'd be doing my first layaway.

18. I've come to the basic resolution that if it's in a size I'll find useful, and it's a price I find reasonable, I'll get it if I can afford to, even if I could make it. This goes double for men's clothes, since they are fussy in ways I don't always find as enjoyable to work with. (I love embellishments, adore draping, but some tailoring will make my eyes cross.) "Can make it" in terms of skills just hasn't been translating well to "can make it" in terms of the actual time to do it -- so I have a lot of nekkid resin around based on the time issue alone. Once I realized that time was going to be even harder to come by than funds over the next few years, the resolution I'd originally made that was very similar to this got neatly put aside when I could afford to do it. (I have no idea if now will be one of those times, but... *fingers crossed*)

19. surreality yyyyyyyeah I got more time than money as it is, but even so, I know what you're saying. If my situation were different, Time > Money.

timid I love his nose! So pointy without being Animu pointy. :3 I'm getting ready to bust out the sandpaper once Luo gets here to make him look more......... Eastern European O_O That will have to tide me over until I can afford a WS Arvid.

20. I can't beleive the bullets are $57.00! :o I thought they were $19.00 and I was complaining!!!! If you get the outfit you gotta get the bullets otherwise it will look strange. I have to rethink this outfit business ~ it is a lot of money!!!!