1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID Female ~ Yur ~

Nov 20, 2009

1. She looks perfect, i'm really excited about this one!

2. Hm, actually, no. I see the same sculptor's hand in all the EID molds; the noses, the expressions, and the general feeling is totally similar to me. They did sturdy males with square jaws, and pretty girls with baby faces and larger eyes, but I can totally see ressemblance between them. Akando was sold as default with 16mm eyes, people seem to forget that often XD. This girl is very delicate, with an antique look of a renaissance girl; what I see is that they depict their females with eyes so large that barely let see the whites, and that makes them look way younger. I think both this girl and Luna would look great in less size, too. The 'unrealistic' feeling also may come by the fantasy colors chosen, this pale white, or luna's gray... those bronzed guys were easily seen as 'realistic'. But if you take a look at the way tat noses and mouths are sculpted, you will see similar features, under the basis: guys should be manly, girls should be pretty.
      What I definetly see is a different face up artist; the current one paints lips much thinner and paler, and does not follow the soft and realist style of the previous sculptures.

3. I agree with Nanyalin about the eyes, after seeing owner pics of Luna Tamer with her default 16mm eyes, I felt she definitely needs 14mm to look right to me.

I will reserve my judgement on Yur until there are more photos.

4. I want that cloak. *lurks*

I can't tell about the doll hherself yet, though. Will have to see more pictures.

5. wow from the teaser i think she looks like a cross between the first two eid girls, my first thought was jessica with a closed mouth in luna's colouring! can't wait to see more pics!

6. I'm going to reserve judgment until more pictures come, though at this point she looks like Luna's and I's and Tatiana's, etc. older sister. Like a lot of you, I was hoping for something different.

I've been looking for a pair of dolls for a pair of characters Elfkin and I have and she found the male in Chase and is saving up for a basic. She was wanting me to get an EID girl, but so far none of them suit exactly. Soom Dia is still my default for the female.

7. oooh I like her!! Can't wait to see more pics <3

8. She's beautiful but thankfully I'm not needing her ^^; but her cloak looks like something I must have :D can't wait to see her outfit :3

9. Yes - I totally agree! Each artist has their own unmistakable "fingerprint" and Yur is definitely one of the same artists' creations.

I think she has a classic face that could look younger or more mature depending on how you dress and style her. I love that kind of flexibility in a sculpt!

10. I think she's very pretty. Hopefully she comes in a normal skin color.

11. I like this girl; she has a loveliness about her that is terribly charming. I'm thinking I'd like her more in a warmer skin tone, though, much like I think I prefer Jessica in their normal skin colors.

She's not quite yet screaming, BUY ME! the way the rosegrey Luna did, but she's not out of the running, depending on what nifty otherness they likely add in with her. (Much like Chase, sadly. And I really liked the wolf heads, but there's just not too much cash at the moment with so many Xmas events and such, and higher wishlist priorities, discontinuations, and whatnot going on.)

12. OH MY GOD I would die if They busted out with a choclate EID woman...TnT...oh how I wish...but yeah I was thinking that Yur looks a lot like Luna...
      she's pretty though...I think we all just need to see more pictures...and to see if her head is Jessica size or Luna size...@o@

13. For those who were hoping for a mature, realistic EID, I got an answer to my questions about whether the recent heads were sculpted by the same person as the older heads and also expressed my dream of female counterparts to Luo and Kamau.

The response.

Hi, lovely madammaumau~~

Almost Iplehouse heads & bodies are manufactured by our Iplehouse president (also, he is manufacturer).
      We will make realistic looking head, as well.
      But, there are some people who like realistic looking head, but others like doll-like looking head as well.
      So, we are working properly-mixed style or real style, alternatively. ^^

Next year, more various characters will be released, and please expect them.
      Your dream will come true. ^^

Thank you so much and Have a great weekend.~~

I love Ip. They genuinely seem to want to please their customers. And you were right, Nan, it is the same sculptor for all the heads. And female counterparts to Luo and Kamau next year? Whoooooooottttt!!!!!! Come to mama!

14. Wow, Iplehouse really are great! I can't wait to see what they come out with - something between Luna and Jessica would be a great thing, I think, since Luna looks a little too young, like an 18-21 year old. Jessica looks like a smokin' early thirties. If we could get 25-26 years old, I'd consider opening my wallet. xD

15. I personally prefer more stylized heads, so I like her (and I like Chase, too, for that matter). I think she's really lovely, and the closest so far to a chara I want an EID girl for. Not close enough, though, so my wallet is safe for now! Heh. Now, make me a girl who looks like Mars, okay, Iplehouse? *is selfish*

16. .....hmmmm.
      I'm liking Jessica a lot more after seeing Luna & Yur. I have a strong preference for realistic mature faces.
      I have to wait this one out though to see what Iplehouse brings out... that body of the EID woman is drop dead gorgeous and I'd prefer to have a realistic head on that incredibly realistic body; not a stylized, cute face on such a mature form.

17. Oooh, thanks so much for asking that, MauMau!! I'm psyched to see what they end up rolling out next year. Gotta agree with you about their kindness, too. :) It's also pretty neat that their sculptor has the ability to shift styles without compromising either one; even if the more "doll-like" Iplehouse sculpts don't grab me as much, they're all lovely in their own way.

Hmmm... I was going to post something about Yur's sculpt being too simple and stylized-pretty for my tastes, but the more I look at her... the more I see something really intriguing. Can't wait for more pictuuurreess! Sadly, even if I do end up loving her I can't afford a doll for a good long while. XD

18. That is good news. Iple has not made an EID that really speaks to me yet but I keep looking in hopes that they might. Maybe there will be a massive, powerful doll in my future. :) I am hoping for a more stylized dollish face but somehow still more mature looking than Luna or Yur. A real female counterpart to Chase (minus the silly wolf grin face) would grab me.

19. On my side, I am walking on the walls waiting for my Luna; I must say I've loved each and every of their EID sculptures since Akando, chase included; and my only reason not to get wolf chase is the really high price due some pieces I defiently wouldn't use; but I have him in my wishlist, in standard white, for a dear character of mine lost long ago, and I think he is simply gorgeous... about Yur, what I've seen so far is a really mature face. I do not know why nobody else sees her like that XD, but I think her aristocratic, elongated features, the soft oval of her face and the sweet complexion are definetly mature, but with an absolutely elegant and exquisite frame to all. I see her much like a renaissance Madonna, and I must say I am amazed at the versatility and the... how can I say it, concept? of the Iple sculptor (mr. president!), who is capable to make so many different faces, that still look so great among them.

On my side, I also must say that... well, I am a fan of hybrids, and of mixed brands families... And there are some face sculptures that go along -perfectly- with the iple guys, for example, the Limwha girls, with her ample noses, or, specially, the Supia girls, specifically Rosy; I am dying to get a Tan rosy to pair her with my Kamau, and I don't have any clue that they will make an awesome pair, the beauty and the beast XD. I also think that the EID woman body is amazing to make hybrids with boy faces that are usually too large or too mature for other bodies (I think an Io girl, or an elf Miho girl in that body would rock). Gah, I wish I were rich to try all the combinations that come to my mind; Now I want a Yur boy too... damn hobby. :doh

20. I went the site today hoping another teaser pic would be up ... just two more days ... i can do!! lol