1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID Luo

Feb 25, 2009

1. D'oh and double d'oh! :doh: Yeah the outfit/ shoes/ wig would've been in a small black Iplehouse box. Which must've gotten omitted completely. Sounds like there's gremlins in the shipping dept!

They'll send it to you fast enough, but wotta hassle...

2. More laughter here. :lol: Apparently Iplehouse already realized they forgot the outfit - it arrived just now, and the shipping date on it is two days after my Luo himself was sent.

So I've gone and edited my Q&A post (again) to remove the "missing outfit" issue. At least we're back down to just the foot and hands again. :roll:

3. :mwahaha you can almost hear the Looney Toons theme...

4. Oh hey, you have all reminded me that I had eye-changing-photo duties to tend to. I dug deeper into the eye-bin and found a lot of very close near-misses.... the 10mms and 14mms are all close, but not quite right. I still think I need to just go buy more 12mms. Finding small enough pupils seems to be the kicker!

Here's Radu modelling a few different pairs...

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310286

(Also, I am a dumbass; I was mistaken about those Luo default eyes; they're not those same glass flatbacks that came with Akando, they're ordinary 12mm round acrylics. So! That's always a good cheap option. Those acrylics they sell at Iplehouse are pretty nice.)

Brief samples! Here's the 12mm Gumdrops. <3 Perfect fit, perfect pupils, and that perfect Gumdrops gaze. But ahh, I don't really like this color on him.
      [​IMG]

10mm glass oval flatback (of swap-meet origin & uncertain manufacture). A little too small, but should be great once I learn to focus tiny eyes.
      [​IMG]

These are the Glib flatback glass that they sell at Iplehouse... 14mm. Also close, not bad, & they fit great. But, just a little too big.
      [​IMG]

Ginarolo 12mms. <3 Pupils are too big, but everything else is perfect.
      [​IMG]
      And I'm pretty sure most of her other pupils run large, too, based on the other ones I own in 14 & 16mm. Dang! Does anybody know if Ginarolo makes a smaller-pupil line? Her 12mms would be a slam-dunk otherwise.

Perhaps a visit to Eyeco is first on the list...! I always forget: Eyeco numbers run 1mm larger than the actual size, right? So order 13mms for 12s?

5. Eyeco is the same as Masterpiece, right? I don't use silicone eyes, myself, so I'm not familiar with the brands. But if so, I have a pair of 16mm Masterpiece eyes that fit in my Luo very well - they have very small iris/pupil, more in line with the 12mm default acrylics, and the 16mm white (sclera) squishes into his eye well very nicely. I'll put pictures up in a while, when I do the eye size comparison.

6. Kamal, my new guy, is sporting a pair of 14mm SOuldoll eyes here. I love the color, but am trying to decide if the iris is too big. I wish Souldoll made 12mm. Kamal should be on his way home this week, so I"ll do a bit of playing with the eyes as well and I might have to go eye shopping......................(Pic courtesy of Lyn Raftis while he was off visiting her for his face, LOL)
      [​IMG]

7. :fangirl: Seriously dreamy,J! Those dark eyes work great, but yes, they're a little large... Not too huge, really, just a bit young. If he's a young-sweetie type, then they work fine. They make him seem thoughtful. And may I pause to say om nom nom.

Kiya, what kind of Masterpieces even come /close/ to fitting at 16mm? The MP silicone 16/17mms I have are all Sora-sized. Huge. Suitable for Volks schoolboys.^^ Are yours a different line?

8. THanks Jenny..............I think these eyes definetely make him a bit sultry, which I like, and I do like this color. He may get to keep them yet, but I"m gonna play a bit anyway. I just wish that S hook wasn't so huge in their heads, LOL! Lyn did a great job on him, didn't she? I told her to think dark and sultry. I think she hit the nail on the head!

9. He's gorgeous, JinCincy! I saw the other photos of him that Lyn posted in her LJ, and they're amazing.

JNem, I actually can't say. I'm not the original owner of the eyes, and the person who gave them to me told me they were "custom-made 16mm Masterpiece" eyes. I've had them since 2004 or so, and never used them, because I don't care for silicone.

10. OMG!!!:o Kamal is unbelievably gorgeous!!! I just love how everyone's Luo looks so different and unique. What a fabulous sculpt he is!

11. What is his shoe size??? I am interested in buying Luo, but I"m not sure what clothes or shoes would fit... him's a big dude ;) heehee

Maybe this has already been answered... but where do you buy clothes for such a big guy if you don't care for the stuff offered at IpleHouse???

12. Thanks Chizzie_Shark!!!
      I was able to find some stuff :)
      Maybe I'm off topic... but, I bought Luo... I'm so excited!!!! *happy dance* Can't wait to put my own spin on this hunk of a man doll!:aheartbea:aheartbea

13. Well, Iplehouse is replacing the foot, but they said I just have to live with the hands. Whatever. They're only $25 a pair anyway - I can just buy another set in the shape I wanted. I'll just have spare hands, no biggie there.

14. I think the model body has sold Luo to me. He was so not a part of my future until I saw that photo....gah...drool.