1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID Special Edition - Akando / Evan / Kamau / Gentle Akando

Aug 29, 2009

1. I was stressing out thinking he's be reddish brown or something... xD

Since the RS was too light... and I need him kinda caramely... mmm dammit... I want him home...

2. Oh I know exactly what you mean, I was the same. Though the colour they show on the site was the colour I expected him to be, I'm so very glad he turned out more golden and less red. I needed him slightly goldeny to match Sarge and now he does and pretty darn perfectly too. XD

Yeah the RS was too light for me too. Thank gods for Iplehouse and the way they listen to their customers about wanting the lighter brown Kamau. *dances and waits impatiently to see your guy.*

3. they don't listen at all <.< is a year im askin an Akando in tan and they do everyone except him!

4. Well I'm sorry to har about that.... :( They listened to me and some of the other customers who demanded Kamau in the lighter brown skin though. And I only asked in like Dec they said they'd think about it, then in March there he was.

5. Oh damn, Akando? In tan! If enough people ask, I'm sure they will. Like the dark 'tan' the Sword Dance Kamau was? Or the caramel tan mm caramel..

And I'm just going to check for my package... it's apparently in Perth... at arrived shortly after I fell asleep last night, but it's not yet at my house.

6. Sorry again for the double post...

Fasti's here!!! :D No photos until he has something to wear and a faceup though xD

But he's a keeper... and GORGEOUS. :drool

Plus... I didn't realise before... uhm.. he's uhm.. uncut... :nosebleed

And those veins... man... oh man... :chibi

7. no i mean the light tan brown skin, like the new tedros now, not the dark O_O
      they twice told me "next half of the year" but nothing the last half past year, and still nothing in this half year =_=

8. Oh congrats Charsier! I'm eagerly awaiting his pics! I hope you can get his face up done soon!

I'm sorry about that Tosh. I hope they'll make it soon. Akando would look so yummy in that skin tone.

9. Has anyone who ordered RS and received their guy recently, find the color to be a bit darker than expected? I know variations happen, but my RS Chase (yay!) doesn't seem to be as pale as I've seen with other owner's pictures. I was thinking I would get a fairly pale caramel color, so I'm a bit surprised. I'm thinking maybe lighting is making a difference or something. Or I'm weird, lol.

I guess my Chase just enjoys sun bathing a bit more? XD

10. well i had the Tedros RS in my hand for 2 weeks and he was pretty pale color, like milk with a bit of coffee, and i didn't liked it >.< also the light makes the difference, yes.

11. I got my SE Akando last week & he's lighter (IMO) than the sample pics on the sale page. There are tonnes of pics of him here, if you're inclined to take a peep for comparison. I was actually hoping he'd be a bit more carameley & less marzipaney, but he's freakin' gorgeous either way :love (and getting his faceup did this week, too! :dance)

However, if they did Akando in a light tan, like the NC Luo or TS Tedros, I'd totally sell the one I just got so I could get the light tan resin one. :XD:

12. Congrats on your wonderful Akando Starzz! I'm quite addicted to the sculpt. I also think Akando is freakin' gorgeous! And I too would get yet another one if that Light Tan brown color resin was offered. Whoot. :D

13. Quick question regarding realskin. Any problems with the realskin resin from airport x-ray machines? I thinking about taking one with me on a trip.

As far as color goes, I found that my newly arrived RS Cherie is a bit dark and a warmer shade than my other realskins. I suppose it's like die lots with fabrics. Different batches can be slightly different colors.

14. Anyone else get the email from IP about selling extra Kamau parts in DT?? Did they announce they were doing that earlier and I missed it?

15. I should have not read all your comments... Now I am hooked on buying a gentle akando and worse I already have akando in tan. I just so love his smile and I agree he completely looks different from the other sculpt smiling...

16. I like Kamau so much,,,,is there any separate thread for Kamau? Anybodoy who knows ?
      I would like to see more photos of him.~