1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID Special Edition - Akando / Evan / Kamau / Gentle Akando

Aug 29, 2009

1. I had to miss out on Sword Dance Kamau, and I'd love to have him in that skin tone, but wow does he look good in real skin! :love I was going to wait to see how I like the Tamer, but I might have to break my piggy bank for him...I wish we could see what their future plans are, I just know I'm going to fall in love with one of the fullset Noctarcana limiteds.

2. Ohh Kamau...I don't know whether I can resist him again....and maybe Micha would like a twin....arghh. September sounds expensive....

3. Thanks for the linkies :) Fortunately, I already have an Iplehouse login so I was able to see the test. The real skin is certainly very nice, but it scares me to hear that it gets green. The direct sunlight yellowing is certainly understandable. All dolls seem to do that! Mostly my CP Type 1 EL boys from long ago...

4. The new UV resin looks like it'll be much better about changing and it's nice that it doesn't look like it'll be green lol, I don't mind if it yellows a little but green is a definite no no. And oh gawd! It's so soon X.x; I'm glad I waited from the first releases, but now it's like...I'd have to pull skin and teeth to be able to get one of them X.x;; I like Kamua's new look....but I won't know for sure till I see more pics of him, if not I'm definitely nabbing Luo :D if all else fails...maybe I can beg a family member to either buy it or help pay for half ^^;;;

5. I definitely want Luo, too :)

I wonder if they're going to do a special 'set' with this release or if it'll just be the resin tone that will be special. It would be good if you could just get them nekkid instead of forking out a grand for a special outfit that goes along with him! I'm thinking affordability here... if I could even call it that. :lol:

6. O.O!! Kamau looks great in RS ! Iple certainly know how to make versatile sculpts don't they?
      And I actually like how the new RS "yellows" - I certainly wouldn't mind having a doll that colour (after 50days under UV) :)

7. I really like Kamau in RS. Of course, I like Akando and Evan in RS, too. Iplehouse is making it so hard to decide on which EID man to bring home!

8. I've seen their realskin in person (a friend has a rs akando) and it's just gorgeous.
      I was able to resist Kamau the first time around, but I don't know how I'll fare this time XD

I don't really want the super EID body though (I've been trying to hold out until they release evan with the slimmer one). Eep.

9. Ever since Iple put up the pictures of the dark tan Kamau, I've been wanting him in real skin. He's got such a fabulous face.

10. When I thought about it just now, I realized they probably do layaways D: Now I need to save up enough for the first payment at least lol ><;;

11. Ooohooh... they all look so amazing. I want to get my hands on a Luo sometime soon. Hopefully!

12. Yeesh. I'm not sure whether I should be happy or annoyed, right now.

When they released the last batch of Special Edition EID boys (Akando, Luo, Evan), I asked them if they were going to release them again in the future, or if that was the last chance to get them in real skin resin. They said it was the last chance. So I wrangled together the funds to manage an Akando on layaway, even though it was terrible timing because it was shortly before I had to fly down to CA for GoGaDoll and because I already had a Luo Strongman on layaway with them. But I could have waited, which I would certainly have preferred to do, and gotten him now instead, and with the UV-protection resin, too! Not cool, Iplehouse. Not cool.

On the other hand, Kamau is gorgeous. And I sure do like the Akando Gentle version, though I don't feel all that drawn to buy him. So now I'm sitting here, wondering if there's any point in springing for Kamau, or if I should just wait a few months and see if they release the Special Edition boys again for another period of limited sale. Geeeeeeezz.

13. So frustrating! Kamau looks so like one of my guys, but I need him darker than Realskin and lighter than his original release skin color. On the other hand, Evan is hawt, but man, it's like the doll companies all got together and decided on the best way to completely screw up my wallet's life. :|

.hlp

14. All I can say is, when Iple say "no" , just take your chances.
      I asked them before ordering my 2 girls if they'll be releasing Cocori in NS in basic.
      They said no. And if they'll re-release DarkCocori if she sells out (only 7were left in stock).
      THey said no.
      SO I ordered.
      And a small while after they arrived, Iple go and put Basic NSC up for sale :x:doh

15. Kamau looks like a gorgeous native american man in that skintone. :aheartbea I so wish I could have him!​

16. Well, I'm the opposite. I like Gentle Akando and have very little use for the head on the regular guy. So it's good they make a variety so we can all have what we like, eh?

Now, if Iple would just get on the ball and make the non-muscular EID body, I'd be all set. I don't need to have multiple guys with ripped bodies around the house like it's some kind of wrestlers' convention :)

17. beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! I have given up on worrying what companies say about their limiteds, especially Iplehouse, so I'm not going to bother being annoyed that they have rereleased the Akando in RS even though they said they wouldn't. I am kinda hopingf or a bit of variation with the bodies though :D

Kamau does look gorgeous in that skin colour but I am glad I went for the black skin *grin*

As for the UV Cut, I suspect it'll make very little difference if any. I am a tad upset that mine and mostly everyone elses Akando's are going green, and hoped that Iplehouse had done some research with the resin before releasing them. Seems not. I don't want a doll that I have to keep locked away in a box :(

18. The UV in the Narindolls french resin does definetely make a difference. I've had my Narae60 in the french resin with the UV protectant for a year and a half and there has been no discoloration at all.................as for the Iple realskin resin............luckily none of my 3 in the realskin have gone green. I am careful with them, and keep them covered when I'm not playing with them, but I do play with them and I don't keep them in their boxes. I would venture to say it's not "mostly everyone" that has a real resin doll that has experienced the greening.

19. Yeh, but have they given any indication when that will be? Maybe before Xmas? Have there been any 'teaser' pics posted? I am so curious now...

20. I've had my fullset Evan since March 1 and I just did a green check on him and my SE Luo that I've had since June. Both are fine. I've had both of them a couple of times very briefly outside for photos but not in direct sunlight. I used to keep my Evan naked (because his default outfit probably would stain) sitting in a chair in my room until the reports of the greening Akando's started arriving. However, I keep my room with the shades and blinds drawn so not much sunlight ever got through. I still don't keep them in their boxes and I still play with them but I do keep them covered.

There is a very slight color difference between the two of them. My Evan may have darkened a bit but since it is very slight, it may even be just the difference in the resin batches.

At this point at least for myself I don't see any reason why I wouldn't get the new real skin Kamau. I'll still do the same precautions with him just to be safe.