1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID Special Edition - Akando / Evan / Kamau / Gentle Akando

Aug 29, 2009

1. For those of you whose Akando's are 'going green', do you have any photos that show this? I'm in the same boat as JinCIncy and Patrice S; neither my Evan - Tamer nor my Luo SE have had any greening to them. I photograph almost exclusively outside and have taken the both of them outside on multiple occasions for photos. I keep them covered up when I'm not playing with them/during the day when the sun is brightest. I'm just intrigued to see the extent of the greening of some of the Akandos.

2. There's a thread about it here, where someone has done some testing with some spare parts- they really do go way green! x__x

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298408

I'd love to have one of these boys in real skin, but even with the UV protect this whole factor makes me a little wary. But hay, at least these biys will always be available in the regular skintones! :3

3. I'm curious about whether the real skin (the non-UV-protected kind) stabilizes after a certain period of time, and is less susceptible to yellowing once that time has passed. I know that French resin apparently stabilizes some after about three months, and even thought it's still more sensitive to light than standard polyurethane, it's less likely to go dramatically yellow after that time. Does anyone have any OLD real skin pieces laying around they could test this on? I'd use a shaving from the inside of my own boy's headcap, but he's less than a month old at this point, as far as I know...though of course he could have been cast some time before I paid him off.

4. Wahoo! I knew RS Kamau had to be on the menu sooner or later. :love: Oh zowie. That is one delectable man. Hellllll, cheekbones.

Neither my first-generation realskin Akando Pierrot nor my brown-resin Luo Strongman have discolored anywhere [knock wood]... so it's definitely NOT "most everyone!" I do store those buggers behind a drape during the day... but they don't live in the dark all the time, and have even been outdoors, so I consider myself lucky to have gotten a decent batch of resin in both cases. I would've loved if they'd had UV-cut back then, but. As these dolls get older, I guess I'll find out of they discolor with age anyway, or if storing them in dimness can stave it off.

Sounds like everyone is trying for some kind of "insurance", or at least assurance, that their doll won't ever ever turn green even with sun exposure. There are no definites! There are always risks! (Especially with any kind of colored resin! Especially-especially if you're an early adopter!) The best you can do is keem 'em out of most sun, & just hope you didn't get that one freaky resin batch that's going to degrade weirdly. UV-Cut is not a substitute for sensible care, it's just another layer of protection. Just like human sunblock; if you stay out too long even wearing your SPF50, you'll still burn.

Also: when Iplehouse says they "have no plans" to do something in the future, that might actually mean "no", but it might also mean "yes, and we're releasing it next week". They have always been, uhh, coy like that.

5. Ack, sorry, should have made myself clearer. ><' I've seen that thread and Wiccat's greening Akando, but I 'm interested in photos of Absynthe and MadamMauMau's greening Akandos.

I'm still not entirely convinced that becoming the Hulk is the destiny for all realskin EID boys. ^^'

6. I think of it this way: if my Akando Pierrot greens up like the hulk, well... I do have all the elves and fantasy critters already. He can be made into one more, and if they release the SE version every so often, I can try to replace him with a UV-cut version some day in the realskin. Does it suck? Yeah, it sucks a little. I'm trying to look at it in terms of 'possibly opportunity some day' rather than 'impending doom', though.

7. :lol: Very optimistic of you. Now I want to see one of these BIG guys with dainty little elf ears modded on.

My Evan is about 2 months old and I've been protective of him from the start as far as covering him up when I'm not there. Can't do too much about the heat but I haven't noticed any greening. He'll be getting a bath and a reblush soon anyway so I'll check him over a little more thoroughly. JennyNemesis and KeiCai_Ayan are definitely giving me hope though. I've loved your guy's outdoor shoots, maybe I need to stop being so nervous and get Atlas out there.

8. keepithushhush: If it also helps at all, my near 6-month-old Evan (who has been in the sun the most for multiple photoshoots) is pretty much the exact same colour as my partially-UV cut, arrived-on-Friday SE Amy. ^^ I'll actually be interested to see in the next year if my Evan and Luo change any differently than my Amy.

And on the note of the thread, I'm glad I'm safe from this release. xD I haven't exactly been safe from the past few releases of the realskin! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of these guys in the gallery. :aheartbea

9. Can someone show me the pic of the RS Kamau?

10. Nevermind. I'm a lil slow. The RS Kamau is sexy.

11. Put me down as another person with a realskin Evan that's fine. I got him at the beginning of March. I'm 100% certain because I just redid his body blushing over the weekend. He's been outside for a couple of photoshoots, once before he was completely covered with UV cut. He used to sit out in my room which did have fairly dark curtains, but they might have been left open some of the time. Now he's drapped the majority of the time.

12. Iple posted a new notice for the greening realskin dolls. You have to go to their hospital link but it sounds like they will send you a new doll for 60% plus shipping. Even so that's still a chunk of money so I'm hoping my Evan and Luo will stay fine.

13. That's really nice of Iple. I mean, they could've just said too bad buy a new one. It says they can only do it for 10 customers per month, I wonder if they'll fill up that quota. It'd be a good indicator of the percent of dolls that have really gone green vs. those of us that are just crazy paranoid. :lol:

14. That is promising news, indeed. It isn't something I can do any time soon, but since they'd have a record of who bought dolls in the greening realskin, it shouldn't be too much of a nightmare if I need to wait a bit on it. My guy isn't green as yet, so I'm safe, though I have noticed his feet of all things changing color a little thus far, and he's in the dark constantly.

15. I might be wrong, but I have yet to see a Luo or Evan that has greened. Maybe its just the Akandos. :(

Micha, my Akando stays in the dark. No change...yet.

16. My house gets horrible light -- something I lamented deeply before I began collecting BJDs. Now, it's a major blessing. They were moved en masse to the bedroom, which is the darkest room in the house once I was able to do it. Sleep + dark = happiness, so it works for the one room I don't really need to -see- much in normally. Even so, Akando Pierrot's poor feet... sigh. I can see the difference between his feet and his body -subtly-, so I know this will eventually mean a fix will be needed of some sort. If it doesn't progress beyond the feet, I refuse to worry about it, really. He can just be permanently shod if needs be, and have a closet case of hulk feet.

17. O_O HE IS HOT. I seriously wonder how he'd look in NS and WS now :O I mean, seriously... We give Iple the credit for making African features on their dolls, and BOOM! They work with other skin tones, too. It's so weird and so cool. XD

Not that I want him, but... Make Kamau in basic now plz T^T

18. That jacket is amazing...and he looks amazing in it. I really need to stop looking at Kamau.