1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID Special Edition - Akando / Evan / Kamau / Gentle Akando

Aug 29, 2009

1. I thought Kamau might look a bit off in the RS, but he looks quite stunning! His lips don't do much for me, but that JACKET. My Luo is subtly whispering in my ear that he would rock that jacket hardcore and I would be hard pressed to disagree. One thing I love about more EID releases is more EID clothes... I'm such a sucker for all the clothes!

2. For those looking for the going green testing: this is the testing some DoA members did before IH even thought to.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298408

Much as I love the look of the real skin I already own three guys that are from the first batch of their real skin resins and are now living in boxes until I can set up a black out room for them. The real skin resin is sensitive even to the wrong indoor lighting; I will never buy another one of their real skin guys, even with the UV protection they added I just can't afford to gamble that much cash on them getting the real skin protection right and not ending up with the Hulk in under a year. I'll stick to the normal skin because I really love the sculpts, they are my fav guys and I really hate the fact that my RS guys are living in their boxes. :...(

3. Heh hhhe hheheh he...I know someone who's going to be buying this motorcycle jacket, for sure. Hey JNem~~~~!

4. Ayi yi yi yi yi. Egads. That Kamau is one hot chunk of resin. I can't. I shouldn't. I mustn't.
      <goes off to do more sewing>

5. When I first saw them, I wondered why they were $27 more expensive this time...
      It just occured to me, the new UV resin :lol:

Kamau looks great in RS - Such a versatile sculpt :D

6. I'm fking gutted. I've waited for them to bring out another Kamau since he sold out in the Circus and now they have and...he's WHITE!! Balls.
      I hope they bring out another dark skin version before 2010.

7. I wish I hadn't looked. Its a feast of hot men...not that I didn't know that already but sexy biker Kamau and rakish ginger Gentle Akando are making my heart beat faster....guh..

8. They are just gorgeous. I love the Iplehouse dolls; they're my favorites by far. Anyone have an extra money tree lying around?

9. I agree with you. I wish I hadn't looked. I had decided to get Kamau and then I looked at Gentle Akando and now I want them both!

10. I can't make my mind up who I adore more, Luo or Akando *_*
      Not that I should get either of them :(

11. I'm so getting Luo! One thing I love of their style is that they finally make dolls in more real proportion, and the guys actually look manly (despite when I showed a co-worker Luo SE that she at first though he was a girl T_T I was like "oh gawd, he's seriously not!" lol) >< it's gonna be layaway and I can't make the order till next week but I gotta have him! I've been scanning the gallery on current owners of Akando and Luo and it was really hard to decide between the two because just when i was sure on one I just love the other as well lol I liked Evan too but decided against him cause he looks too boyish/young/almost girlish and I have no character in mind with that face/body combined. But Luo, hehe he's the most masculine and yet beautiful in a manly way compared to the rest (made me seriously regret not getting him in the strongman version), with Kamau and Akando close in second. I just don't like the gentle Akando for some reason..I agree with some he just don't look like Akando at all to me.
      I'm glad the new UV resin looks like it won't green and will be more yellow if faded. It's good to see Iplehouse has did their own testing on the new UV resin. I don't mind a little yellowing but green is a no no lol and it looks like it's pretty good about not changing so much (comparing by the days). Now what's gonna kill me is wanting the mobility and the offer of the wig in the option lol...how did they know I wanted to make him a blonde? O.o lol

12. So is anyone stalling on buying one of the real skin EIDs untill they see what this new beefcake that Soom is coming out with looks like?

13. It's raining men, hallelujah!!! I need to make some cash quick. Anybody need a kidney?! Kidding, just kidding.

Much as I admire the usual run of slender boyish male dolls from every other company, the beefy manly males at Iplehouse have staked out a special place in my heart. *drool* Now that's what I'm talking about! Grrrrr, ruff!

14. You can't wait too long, can you? Or is there a release date for him?

15. The seventh of this month is what some folks are guessing. Soom is doing the teaser pics countdown fashion like they do before the big reveal. :D Gaugh! I still want an Evan. Think they'll ever do a Kamau in normal skin?

16. Yes, I am. No way could I afford both.

17. Madera: iiiiif enough people ask... I don't see why they wouldn't. :3 I'm actually anxious for them to release YIDs in RS but since I can't afford it yet I don't want to ask them XD;; Even though they'll say no at first, right? Haha...

I do wish that my character that I want Luo for wasn't so pale... that RS is delicious T^T

18. ZOMG!! I've been waiting for another release of Evan forever!!! There is super nice dollie owner in my area that has an RS Evan from the first basic release and it was love at first site. Only problem now is that I have to be able to afford the Evan and.... RS Freezia that iplehouse says they have plans for doing next month (asked about it in the Q&A board)!!! But anyways Having the UV protect is awesome too and the RS looks absolutely gorgeous. I just received my RS Amy in the mail the other day (she was made with uv protect as well) and she's so stunning I can't stop taking pics of her!

19. Yes...and also what the next MD looks like...also pining for a Domuya Fin now they have come out on the new body. What are these companies trying to do to us? Its like everywhere you turn there's another amazing must have doll. *_*

I keep on trying to imagine what Kamau would look like in a more masculine wig....I really really really must resist his penetrating stare, and manly boxing poses....