1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID Women - Ashanti and Asa

Mar 11, 2010

1. It'd be nice if they released Asa in their Cream White resin as a limited. Now THAT I would go for. In Japan, at least, white skin has always been prized (just look at promotional material for idols or, heck, even anime and video game characters and you'll see), so this could be a possibility! I hope, hope, hope they will release her in the non-limited colours at the least.

2. I was thinking the same thing! The IpleHouse cream skin is a really pretty color! I don't know what the rose white looks like in person but I really hope they release at least non-limited colors if not the cream white.
      Wonder if they will release a Noctarcana Circus version...

3. Wow!!! I'm mostly all for the men but I'm loving them both!! I'm also surprised that their not apart of the Noctarcana series but that's OK!:)

4. Do tell Monica. Did you get the mobility joint and large or medium breast?

What? Really? Is there a way to cure this ashy-ness? I really wanted to try and get Ashanti, but this concerns me.

5. I ordered Ashanti and I can not wait for her to arrive.

6. I ordered Ashanti too (from the time of 1st Cocori, just never can resist their dark skin:chocoberry). Guess I have to make some more room again. Iplehouse definitely has something against my wallet.

7. So that is 4 of us so far for Ashanti and 1 Asa? I love the little shorts she is rocking so I bought that whole outfit. I hope to find more clothing or patterns to sew for her. I want to create some kind of wedding for her and my Kamau.

8. How did you order? I'm torn over the mobility joint, but I think I'm going for the medium bust.

9. It just looks ashy to me, compared to older their Dark Cocori & Aaron and Kamau.
      I just think it should look a bit warmer - It might look different in person..
      [​IMG]
      It might be worth asking Iple about it ... I just personally think it's not warm enough for me.
      For all we know, it could look exactly the same in person - Just the photo editing might make it look different...That was what happened in Luna basic's pics...One looked NS and one looked WS, but they were both NS.

10. Mine is large bust, general joint. It was a hard decision, but fortunately I had my EID girls to help me on the bust size. I am still not quite sure if my decision was right about the leg joint though. All IH dolls in my house are equipped with mobility joint.

You are right about lack of warmth in ebony skin. Dark Chase's ebony skin lacks the depth of red seen on Cocori, Aaron and Kamau. The difference is clear in person and I may be able to take a pic too.

11. *Phew* I'm glad I'm not the only one who see's that :)
      I'm anxiously awaiting pics :)

12. I see what you meanCallum91. I don't think it will deter my wanting her, but it is good to see. I have a modded black rit dyed MSD and she has that same dullness, but I love her.

manjushage, I'd love to see your pics, too if you can.

13. Just want to say...Cocori is still the best looking ethnic doll ever.

I love Ashanti and want her badly (stoopid bills) but I am happy I have a dk Cocori.

14. I'm definitely going to order Ashanti and that nifty safari sex bomb outfit but Im going to wait until the end of the order period I think. Congratulations though to everyone who has already ordered her though. I have to sit on my credit card until April.:sweat

15. Hubby wants me to get Ashanti, but he hates the name he keeps thinking about the R&B Singer:sweat. I would have to see if I can use a fund I have been saving up for first, but I need to get my car fixed...etc..and get a job....so I may have to pass on this lovely ebony woman. I just wonder if she would turn green of her color could fade over time like the RS ones?

16. I ordered without the mobility joint and with the medium bust. I hate that I missed out on Chase because I have Kamau, Cocori and Aaron and he would've completed the family. I can't wait till they release the dark tan jids.

17. I have purchased Yur..and I'm finding that bigger isn't always better..not sure I'm suited to this size...
      does it take you a while to get used to this size...I'm frightened!!!!
      LOL
      Carol

18. I have Jessica, Yur, and Luna--all in the limited skin-tones. Iplehouse is now my favorite BJD company, and if I wasn't putting my house up for sale I'd get both of the new girls. I really, really want the dark skinned one! I've seen Ladyfeather's dark skinned Chase and he is to die for---so I know Ashanti's skin will be lovely.

Damn--have to see if I can swing this by the cut off date.

19. Also, I've notice that the companies who do sell dark-skinned BJD's tend to give them blue eyes. Why is that?

20. I agree. I love Cocori in any tone. I wish I was smart enough to have gotten her when I had the chance.

Thanks for your input. I have my JID boy on the way. He has the mobility joint, but I've gotten mixed reviews. I'm going to play with him for a while before I decide whether or not to order Ashanti with it or not.

Dark JIDs? OMG, IH is killing my doll funds.