1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Elemental Guardian- Knight of Water Claude SID

Jul 27, 2011

1. omg xDDDDDDD <3

2. So I've heard. I'm likely to buy him some new shoes from there as an alternate.

Thanks, I was a bit hit and miss with him last night cause stuff didn't fit, but this morning I saw his face and I fell in love again, lol! I might try and get even tighter pants (have heard good things about tight fitting pants from Spirit Doll) ;)

I got a couple of second hand items form the last doll market, but the seller mislabeled them as fitting SID. The capri pants I got didn't fit cause he's too well endowed and makes other SD cry in shame, the wig is actually 1 size bigger xD Also got him a monique wig. 7-8 is definitely a squeeze, not recommended if you want puffy hairstyle. Fits snugly otherwise but it may take a few try to get on. The style I got just looked weird on him (Monique BJ if anyone's interested)

SSDF feet are 9.5 cm, SID feet are 9.2 cm :)

LOL I knoright! That Valentino top also frames his extremely broad chest nicely ;)

3. I dont know if I'm ready for the size of the SID..lol...>_> Hope he works out as the character I planned..Are SIDs as wide as EIDs or they're just smaller versions of EIDs?

4. I got the black boots with the leather straps and while they are a tight fit, they DO go on. Getting them off is harder ;)

5. XxBrittox - they are not as wide as EID, but proportionally they are! o.o When I opened my Claude I was amazed at how huge his chest was, so I measured his chest and the prior largest chest in my house- my Dollfie Dream Dynamite Yoko... his chest is 8cm larger. O.O a full 8 cm larger than the bustiest girl I own- and I like 'em a bit busty!
      of course I'd assume Iple girls would be bigger... but I was astonished!

Also his feet are at least twice the size of any of the dolls I have- but they are all girl/SD10 sized feet. >_<

Descending Twilight - The mask wasnt attached, it was just set together in the little helmet box, I assume that its likely glued together for the blushed ones, and they miiiight have glued it for some of the unblushed helmets, but mine wasnt.

6. sry, double post! >_<

7. Ah ok, thanks for the info. ;) Mine's all put together, but I thought it might be neat to do a faceup on that half a face. hehe

8. Soooo- I got my Claude with mobility joints and he cant sit. or use his mobility joints at all. I see the cute system in his leg that "should" work, but the little bump thing doesnt click into the notches. it just gets pushed inside his thigh and his legs dont lock and he goes crashing backwards. I'm not sure if its because hes strung too tight (which I'm not sure if he is, but it does look really tight) or if thats part of the flaws of the mobility joints. :/

Does anyone know how I can fix my boooy? </3

9. Welcome to the fun of Iple's latest joint system. If there's one good thing about the Young dolls not being updated, it' s that they come on the old joints. I haven't tried the watch pin fix yet. I sanded the ball side first to try to get it a bit smoother. That and getting my Elder on the right string size helped a lot in keeping my Ronin's knee joint from sticking. So you may want to double check his string size -- make sure it's thick enough to handle his body 'cause there are times I think Iple just uses whatever's handy -- get him strung right and try the sanding if you're leery about drilling holes (which his what the pin fix requires).

10. When I got my first EID guy, I had to switch to 4.5mm string which they sell on Dollmore and I think thru Coolcat on ebay. It helped A LOT. My Arvid has also been switched to that string. Can't wait to see what my Claude will need. I also suede all my dolls with hot glue.

11. I ordered claude with faceup type A... now, I really think type is better.
      Anyway, claude is very handsome.

12. First time in a month I've been able to take some shots. I really need to do some scenes -- I keep wanting to focus on that face. My Claude is testing out a new dark wig :)

[​IMG]

13. The Dollmakers' Kattywompus, based in CA, also sells cord. If you're in the US and have nothing nearby, the cord is very inexpensive and the shipping is just US first class. I bought enough 4.5cm cord for two EIDs and paid like $7 including postage. What Iple sent me as extra for both EID and YID is about 2.5mm. If that's what they're sending for SIDs, then they may do better on 3-3.5.

14. I have the same problem and unfortunately you will probably need to unstring then restring him. I assume you are talking about the ball joint of his hip with the little 'claw' thing that's supposed to go to the series of holes?

15. I am also having Claude joint issues. With me it's the elbows, not the mobility joints. The little piece between the upper and lower arms doesn't move -- it seems to be stuck to the bottom of the upper arm. I have been putting off doing anything about it until Barahan arrives, so I can compare the two. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem...

16. Sounds like I'll be restringing him then. *_* and getting new elastic...

Titania- that little claw thing is it. just wont stay out. D:

Vermont chick- have you tried just really PULLING HARD on it? or pushing in from the outside? he should be solid enough that he wont get hurt unless you have to take the hammer out to dislodge it.

17. Muuuu, I have problems getting my boy to sit with his pants on. I usually have to unbutton them so that he can bend his legs enough. D: I asked my sister to make him sleepy pants, but I think I will need to get him a saddle stand. I am thinking maybe Jonah will be trying out different hair as well, even though I really love the wig he came with, I'm still having trouble with him. T^T
      I will try restringing him though. I'm pretty sure I have some CoolCat 4.5 around. :3 I did notice he could be a little tighter, although he still stands like a rock.

18. I finally painted my Claude and took some half decent pictures! So here's my guy, Gil

[​IMG]

19. I can't wait to get mine. I still have one last payemtn on the 19th, but Iple told me that he is in makeup already and they will ship him out this month!!!! So excited! Everyones Claudes are so gorgeous!!!!