1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Fashion Doll Discussion - Part 12

Apr 23, 2021

1. :D:D:D Wow!!!! Super!!!:D:D:D

2. Lovely poses with them by the candles! Beautiful setting.

Isis in her summer clothes...it's been very warm here the past week or so, so she is in a summery mode.

[​IMG]Summer by LyanneNZ, on Flickr

3. This is awesome. My hubby initially thought, they are a real couple. :abow::love

4. Beautiful outfit. I like the open fringes. :thumbup But it's too cold outside.:shudder

5. My medieval crew attending a contemporary fantasy, New Year's Eve party...
      [​IMG]

6. Thanks! It had been a few years since I had an FID New Year's Eve party, so decided to let the dolls who didn't attend last time, go to it. I could only include three couples since I'm seriously limited as to the formal contemporary outfits I have. I found it interesting that everyone looked much younger like this. Especially Lawrence, who usually looks so much more imposing in his black knight outfit and longer hair.

7. They do look younger! Maybe it's the relaxed party atmosphere! Three couples are perfect for a New Years celebration at home!

8. Speaking of formal wear, does anyone know a good source for dressy clothing for FIDs??

9. @MB Lilac The party is just amazing - very classy! I am in love with all the little balloons especially! Wish I could have attended it ;)

10. @MB Lilac - Wonderful photo! Is that a real life sized fireplace or dolly sized? It looks so in scale with the scene!

@TomB - SartoriaJ has some formal wear FID sized...

11. @Ashemanu - Thanks. The balloons are 'water balloons'. They blow up to the perfect scale for dolls.
      @luluna - It's a doll size fireplace. My husband made it several years ago. It gets used in almost every set. It's providing the only 'wall' in this set. Everything else in the background is my house. As long as I take my photos level with my doll's eyes, my full size house looks doll scale, and that usually looks better than any fake foam core walls.

12. @MB Lilac - It is a marvelous, work of art, fireplace! :)

13. Thanks. It's all wood, and I painted the bottom to look like brick. Here's a better view of it. The photo was taken on Lawrence's birthday, when Ringo presented him with a drawing of the family....
      [​IMG]

The 'fire' is crumpled cellophane hot glued between real logs with a set of tiny battery-operated lights in between.

14. @MB Lilac - So impressive...as is that fire! Now that is also awesome! :whee:

15. Thanks. My husband made the fireplace in December 2017, and my sister decided it needed artwork, so for Christmas that year she gave me a whole set of miniature paintings that she had done from my own photos. I found frames for them all at Value Village, and need to remember which doll family has which one hanging above their fireplace. The one in the last two photos is not one of her paintings, but is assigned to Lawrence and Monica.

16. The whole scene is awesome. I love how the picture shows the the canvas threads.

17. @MB Lilac - I do admire all the details and props you've accumulated and how you incorporate them in your photos. Sometimes when I re-examine a photo I then see new little details in it. The are always a joy to behold!:)

18. I finally decided what to do about my Baron's awful repaint. Since I can't get a commission slot until later this spring, and he likely won't end up looking the same as before, I figured I needed to do a photo story explaining why he ends up looking different. It's not exactly the kind of thing I ever thought I'd be doing, but it is what it is.

So I worked on his faceup to make him look more like he used to, then added temporary "cuts and scrapes", since he's going to be the victim of an ambush attack. Then when he's redone and his bandages come off, he will look different.

[​IMG]

19. @MB Lilac - Good for you! That works very well. You made lemonade out of lemons! :)