1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse girl body - reviews?

Jan 29, 2007

1. Ravyn42- both my girls are strung just tight enough, so i can pull their feet out about an inch :)
      I stretch the (fresh)string before restringing, other wise I get a weird feeling their feet will snap!! :gulp

I used a Cold Melt Glue Gun, and put it on the inside of the torso, all the way round the inside.
      It's been fine :)

I recommend restring and a hot-glueing :)

2. I LOVE the Iplehouse girl body! It poses so lovely. The only problems I had with it when I first got it was that it was strung REALLY tightly and it was hard to get her to sit! After having my Harin, Aimee, for a year though, it's perfect. The body is very busty, but its pretty natural looking. Just puttin' in my two cents. ;)

3. So, restring and hot glue/suede her. I know I need to restring her arms terribly (they are REALLY floppy!) but I wasn't quite sure what to do about the body. I thought about hot glue/sueding, but I will double check her elastic tension while I am at it. I also need to sand her seams and shorten her neck. Has anyone else noticed that they have really long necks?

4. I have been have these same problems. I have recently bought the Tatiana doll, and while she is very lovely... her torso keeps popping out of joints, her legs wobble all over the place, and her head keeps kinda snapping down (I think she may be strung to tightly, but when I loosen her up, her knees bend and she can't stand)
      Which reminds me. I absolutely CAN NOT get her to sit. It's so frustrating!
      Most of the wobble comes from the area where her legs connect with the rest of her body. Her arms are prefectly fine.
      It's just so sad, when you spend so much and wait for so long and then can't even do anything with them D:

5. I just got my girl not two weeks ago and have been playing with her for a while. Once I can get her to stand, she stands beautifully. I wish she had mobility joints, though. :/ Maybe not the ones originally engineered, but joints in her thighs in general would be nice. She can't cross her legs and I can't get her to sit upright at all unless she's sitting on her heels. [Note: I think the sitting problem could be helped a little if the openings in the tops of the thighs were extended.]

Basically she can pose and look pretty but not really cute. And I agree, her back-bend looks rather painful. I'm tempted to try straightening her. :O

Her shoulder joints can use some sueding, because they don't like to defy gravity.

Aesthetically, though, she's gorgeous. :D I love her proportions; the only other girl body of her size that I had any interest in was the Senior Delf.

*edit* Yes, a very long neck indeed. I'm tempted to shorten it, but I'm getting used to it while I hesitate.

6. I'm getting used to the 'giraffe' neck, too. when I get around to sanding Temperance's seams, I'll debate about shortening her neck.

But her torso really bothers me. and she won't stand unless I have her on a stand. She just feels floppy, but how can she be floppy and strung too tight too? I dunno, but I really need to fix her torso. I'm going to try restringing her and suede her when I disassemble her for her sanding.

7. Hmmm, I must be one of the few people who don't think " D: Giraffe neck!!" :lol:

When I hot glued mine, I put the glue on the insides of like, all the joints.
      Inside the neck hole on the head, shoulder sockets, elbow sockets on both parts of the arms,
      and inside the wrist too.
      Inside the torso, where the legs go/hip , knee, other connecting leg part, and in the ankle too. :)

When I hold mine horizontally, they lay rigid, which is how I like it.

sachairiah,
      I wish I knew how to sort the JID dolls - their elbows&knees put me off wanting them D:
      I've not heard of anyone sueding the JIDs. :(
      A small layer of cold melt hotglue inside her neck hole and the inside of the torso > could < help I think - They're not that different from other dolls are they?

8. I have a 60 cm Silvia and her body is great. Her stringing is a bit loose but I'm fine with that. Iplehouse girls have larger busts and pretty clearly defined nipples. They also tend to be quite curvy through the hips and rear so keep this in mind when buying clothes from manufacturers other than Iplehouse as they may be made to fit a more slim 60 cm doll.

9. Yeah, I like the long neck. :lol: Its very modelesque.​

10. well, I restrung my girl and already her 'torso popping' is a lot better. It hasn't solved the problem (I will need to glue-suede her) but it is better. WHen I got her, I thought her legs were a little tight (she was pretty kicky), but I was surprised by how much I could tighten her elastics. Apparently, she was very loose! But, I got one problem out of the way, now I just need to buy a low-temp glue gun and some sandpaper for her seems and I will be good to go!

By the way, Kips are not goof for Iplehouse dolls! I've heard they work great in place of sueding so I got a set from Cool cat on eBay and tried it when I restrung Temperance. Let's just say it ended very horribly! Her joints are not suited for Kips!

11. I love the female Ipplehouse bodies. I have a Tatiana-Basic and I think she is so beautiful. She poses nicely in a lot of ways but I do have trouble getting her to sit up. I think I may need to think of doing something with her inner strings or see about sueding.... Otherwise she poses well. I notice that her arms do not bend as well as say...Dollzone arms? So you cannot touch their fingers to their faces that easily.

All in all I would say they are pretty nice especially looks wise and I like the joints in their legs and back ends. The resin is pretty too. I love her white skin.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v203/shepaintswithblood/My%20ABJDs/
      I do not know if those would be helpful to you or not but the first few pictures on page one are of my Tatiana-Basic.

12. OMG! I just finished restring (again) and glue-sueding Temperance and I must say that she poses awesomely now! I should have done this so much sooner! Her torso doesn't pop anymore (I can even make her 'slouch' a little) and now she can stand now. Not that I would ever leave my precious Temperance standing (I've had a doll fall on me, I am not taking that chance again) but it's nice to know that she can stand. She was so floppy when I got her, I can't believe I waited this long to fix her up. the restringing and sueding was EXACTLY what she needed. Thanks for the advice everyone!

13. :D
      Is she quite rigid when you hold her horizontally now?
      I restrung my friends 2 Iple dolls (Cocori&Aaron),and when I took them out of the box,
      I was like, "Woah, they really are dolls *_*" and remembered how my 2 were when I 1st got them :lol:
      Did you use suede or hot glue ?

14. Hot glue. It looks horrible (I really did not know what I was doing and I burned myself several times) but it works great! When I get around to unstringing her again to sand her seams and blush her, I will probably pick the glue out and try it again to see if I can get it smoother. Maybe after doing it to my other girls the practice will help me get better at it. But Temperance can stand and sit up without flopping over. I love it! I should have done this so much sooner!

And no more torso popping!

15. This is with a low-temp glue gun, yes? *thinks she only has high temp*

It's getting harder and harder to make Hayvn stand :( And she leans sooooo far back it's like she's talking to a tall person XP

Anybody figure out how to make these girls sit upright?

16. yeah, low-temp glue gun. I got mine at Walmart for a little over $2 (it was $5 to get the glue gun and a small package of glue sticks). If you have multi-temp glue sticks already then you ghould be able to use them with the low-temp glue gun.

All of her joints (including her torso joint, but excluding the upper joint of her double jointed elbows and knees) got a good swish of glue. once it was all set up, I restrung her and she stood right from the start! And now that there is the extra friction in the hips, she sits very well too! I love that I decided to do her arms as now she had better arm poseability too. I left the upper joint of her double jointed elbows and knees un glued because those joins were so shallow that they did not look right with glue in them. Plus it made the elbow and knees really tough to move. The tension from the elastics was sufficient friction to keep her arms and legs in a good position, but putting glue on the lower part of the joints of her elbows and knees helped to keep those funky knee and elbow pieces in place (which was a big help on the knees when I was trying to get her to stand). I have been considering glueing those parts into place permanently, but I don't want to make that kind of change to her without giving the double joints a good chance to impress me.

17. Ah, sweet. Thank you :D I think I'm gonna try that today. *found a low temp gun*

I really want her to be able to hold her arms up more than anything, but all the extra bonuses you mentioned will be amazing as well! Such an amazing sculpt; it's so nice to know an easy fix is all that's needed.