1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse "mobility joints?" Opinions?

Dec 15, 2006

1. Hi.

Thanks for your answer, but that is a strange thing IMO :doh

2. Hi.

I'm considering to order Silvia, and would like to know - the mobility joints are the ones with the line on, right ?

Lisa

3. Yes, but I have to say that I tightened the stringing of my Cocori yesterday and she is better, but if I had it all to do over, I would order the other legs.

4. A lot of people have trouble with the mobility joint, it's hard to pose and makes the dolls move much looser.

5. I have an Iris and she's my first doll... I got the mobility joint and absolutely hate it. She's so hard to pose.

6. I have an Iris and she has the mobility hip.... I can't stand it. Especally since she's my first doll, it's a bit frustrating that I can't get her to stand or even sit sometimes. I'm regretting not getting the general hip.

7. Hi girls.

thanks for the info, I'll order one with "normal" joints - don't have the patience
      for that other kind ;)

8. Ditto but I am going to suade her and I hope that helps. I will have to let you all know in a few weeks if it works. I don't have time to do it right now and it's killing me that I can't work on her!

Other than this joint I love "Iris" and the service from Iple house was great. Fast delivery too but I did not have a face up.
      Good luck
      ELiz

9. In theory, the mobility joint would let you twist her leg so she could sit with her legs crossed. Sueding the joint itself does wonders. The old style male body had it. I sort of like it. You can do the "girly floor squat"!

10. I don't know if it applies for the girl-bodies, but I have an old Iplehouse-body with the leg-joint and the killer hip-joint. Now, Kayne used to have these quirks where his hipjoint would pop out constantly and his legs kept spinning... until I restrung him the way CP strings their dolls (so, both legs strung seperately) and it did wonders! No more joints popping out and his legs will no longer spin around!

11. Hi.

My Silvia arrived today, after some days at custom - and that was expensive to stay there :o

She is wonderful, I really love her face, body and hands :aheartbea - she can stand by herself, even if it seems like her foot joints is a bit loose.

She can fit in Luts shoes, but you maybe allready knew that.
      I'll take photos of her when I have sewn her some clothes - that
      may be on Sunday.

12. Can anyone tell me about the different Iplehouse thigh joints? Which joints give the most stable standing and posability, mobility or general joints?

13. If you're only concerned about standing I would say the general joint. The mobility joint adds extra range of motion but the design of the thigh joint can be difficult as they have a tendency to pop out of the sockets (they're quite shallow). Unless you suede them or spray them to give them a bit more grip it can be a little frustrating at first. Even with the mobility joint the girl should stand ok just not as easily as the non-jointed thigh type leg.

She does make nice sitting cross legged positions though with the thigh joint. :)

14. Thank you for youre clear answer, Rileystar.

15. I would not get the moblity joint. It's driving me crazy. Also the high heel feet make it even more complicated. It's always good to get a good stand that is a y or u shape that fits between the legs just for safty's sake.
      ELiz

16. I find just making sure the cap to the joint is lined up correctly will normally get her to stand and pose well. I managed to have her standing for a good few hours by herself without any issues (in the high heel feet).

If you do get it make sure to play with your doll and learn how she works. I talked to another IH girl owner (Sylvia) and she glued the joint because she didn't like how it worked. I personally think a bit of sueding and she'll be fine. The joint just needs a touch more grip. I might try spraying MSC into it first

17. Could someone take and post some pictures of the mobility joint in action, with an IH girl sitting suwarrico and whatever else they can do?

Also, can it be confirmed that the IH girl knees are double-jointed?

Thanks!!:D

18. This would help me too. I want to see what you are talking about in action. I think I understand. I'm thinking of ordering.

19. I'm glad I found this thread...I was wondering about the mobility joint. Their website even recommends that first-time purchasers get the standard joint.

20. I chose the mobility joint for my Freezia even though I had read this thread about how annoying it can be.

But what made me sold my Musedoll Ciel is her lack of posability. I'm so tired of stiff dolls that can't make any moves, hold any poses, kinda like a $500 Barbie doll.
      So I hope I won't be disappointed with the mobility joint! ^^