1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse "mobility joints?" Opinions?

Dec 15, 2006

1. Restringing did help with my boy. No more legs randomly facing the wrong way. :thumbup

2. I'm resurrrecting the thead since it's been three years and new body versions have been released. I'm thinking about the mobility joint on a nYID male. Has the joint improved? Are there still issues with them popping out? Any pictures from the side with legs crossed would be fantastic too. I found one on Iple's site, but it's only a front view. Thanks!

3. Bumping, because I'm thinking about getting my first Iplehouse (an SID Man), and wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if the joints have improved over the years, or are there still issues with constant popping and flopping?

4. I believe you can boil off the hot glue =) If you're still suffering with this issue.

5. I would also like to know if someone can tell us something about this because I would order soon...
      But did someone say that the problem was only with the big sizes?

6. Bumping! I'd also like to know before investing in one of the new SID with a mobility joint. Has it improved on the newer 2011-2013 dolls?

7. If you hop on over to here, there are a couple of pages with a few intermingled comments regarding people's thoughts on the subject. I ended up ordering them, but it's obviously all about personal taste. :)

8. I usually end up getting the mobility joints... but now I'm not sure how they would be without them! Everyone seems to think they don't make much of a difference... Or at least that's the opinions I've heard before. I can't really say if they are good or bad...

9. Im bumping this because it's been a really long time since the last reply and I'm getting ready to order my JID Tatiana soon and would like to know if the mobility joint is still a headache. :)

10. What I'm about to say is said from the viewpoint of someone who has only been in this for a couple years and who likes things simple and easy. I'm older (old enough to have graduated from the now torn down Taylor Center High School) and though I do like to have dolls around, my life is busy with work and art stuff so they're only one part of my life. I do build a lot of things for them (coffins, couches, bookshelves....currently working on a subterranean dungeon). With that said I have to say that I regret ordering mobility joints on my recent Bianca (Addiction version). I find it much easier to pose my DoD Thalia who doesn't have those joints and she stands just fine without much fiddling. I find the Ipledolls to be a PITA. However, I don't get into complex scenes setting up the dolls for photography. From what I've read the sort of people that do that sort of thing love the mobility joint. So I guess you need read those links above and figure out what sort of posing you want. I imagine that with some work I could figure it out but it took some help from people here to figure out that rotating hip thing just to get her to sit down. It might be good for people to try it but for myself, if I ever order another Iplehouse doll it will definitely be without it.

11. I'm not sure if PITA is a term but I'm not sure what you mean.

12. pain in the 'bum' ;)

13. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.....now i feel stupid hahaha. I've looked at other sites and there may be a doll here or there but Ipledolls are the only ones that really hold my attention. I love the sculpts. Other companies just don't do it for me ^.^;;

14. My jid isar had mobility joints and i didnt like them very much.

15. I think I'll just stick with the general joints since I won't be posing her on her knees much. Kinda useless for me.

16. I have a EID Arvid and he's a got mobility joint. I honestly don't know how he can sit without them. Because their upper bodies are so heavy, I know if I force him to sit upright without the mobility joint, his legs would just pop out of their sockets. Also, they're mainly for him to bring his knees up, and I just like that extra posing ability.

17. I have to say I have Both EID and SID boys with and without mobility joints.

Now considering the new EID body's have the same joint structure as the SID boys they pose amazingly well. The mobility joints do make a huge difference when posing, you get a more natural sitting position.

Crouching, standing on one leg, sitting with legs close to chest. Its a no brainer if you are paying this much for an Iplehouse doll get it with all the bells and whistles. you will not be disappointed!

18. Nice to hear the pros and cons, guys. :) Does anyone have an old EID/SID body to compare to the new bodies? Or could someone who has the new bodies post some photos of the mobility joints and their capabilities/disabilities?

19. @Christie, you make a really convincing argument. Do you have any pictures of those positions?