1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse "mobility joints?" Opinions?

Dec 15, 2006

1. Until now, all of my Iplehouse dolls had mobility joints. They do not only make the leg swivel for crossing legs, cute sitting, etc., but you can also pull up the leg for knees close to the chin. It makes sitting this way easier and more stable and the line is more natural. Otherwise, you would have to dislocate the thigh part. I guess with more form-fitting clothes (I imagine this particularly with the Black Widow costume I want to make for my SID woman), it would look quite strange in action poses. Using the mobility joints, this is no problem.

2. Ohhhhhhh dear. You need the mobility to make the legs go to the side? Well then I guess I know what thigh joint I'm getting. I love that pose and I can imagine my girl doing that pose a lot! Black Widow is like my all time fave comic lady. I have all of her comics I believe and am attempting to collect her old stuff with DD I got a few but they can get so darn expensive :D

3. I seen that!! It was really useful, but I'd love to see how the mobility joint helps with more feminine poses :p

4. Well I got my doll earlier today and I tightened her string. I did great on the arms, but the legs I can't figure out if they are to loose or to tight. When I hold her up they dangle and wiggle a bit, and when I try posing her some ways the whole legs pops out of the socket. What did I do wrong?

5. Mine also did this. I finally gave her a hot glue suede in her hips. I also uncrossed her string so it doesn't go through the hole in her pelvis. I tightened the string again after all that. Her hips now hold poses so much better. I don't know if uncrossing the string was needed, but it seemed like the hole was too low and pulled the string in such a way as to pull the licking mechanism in the hip away from the grooves it was supposed to nestle into.

6. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you uncrossed the string

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

7. In my opinion, the mobility joint does make sense in terms of more natural-looking sitting positions. It helps the EIDs sit cross-legged, which is something I can't imagine them doing without the mobility joint. Although when trying to get them to stand straight, it does take a while longer to position their legs correctly.

Well, all in all I'm happy with the extra mobility. Even if it is minimal.

8. It's the exact same problem I'm facing with my Cordelia. Her legs are always dangling and her lower body isn't posable at all, ugh. I bought a hot glue, so maybe it will help. I tried to restring her, but it's wasn't of a big help.