1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse PID Discussion V. 01

Apr 15, 2013

1. I just put light brown skin Dorothy on layaway - really shouldn't at this point and time, but I know I'll regret it if I don't... I would of got Ryu-Ah too if I could afford it.... hopefully there will be a next time so I can!

2. You are so bad! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

3. Congrats, valee.anne! I'm really really tempted to get another Blooming or a Ryu-Ah in light brown skin myself.

Has anyone seen if any collectors have actually ordered either of those girls in a darker skin tone? I photoshopped them to see what they might look like, but there's really nothing like seeing the real thing. I don't think I've seen any dark-skinned Bloomings or Ryu-Ahs!

4. I don't think they were available in the darker skin until now - I could be wrong though!

5. Oh really? Was Dorothy the only one available in darker skin before?

6. Sorry to but in on a conversation but yes, it was just Dorothy in tan on the first release. I hadn't spotted that we could have tan this time round. Mind you, I've not photographed my doll much so I don't think I can justify another as much as i love them. Clothing and getting them to stand is still an issue for me.

7. teehee - and you're an enabler!

Do it! Then I can live vicariously through you - honestly, if I had unlimitted money, I would get Ryu-Ah too.... please iplehouse release them again next year! I know they're impossible to stand and pose, and clothes are hard to come by - but my gosh, I adore them.

8. As for clothes, Luts Tiny Delf clothing fits pretty well around the chest and waist, though sleeve and leg length are an issue with original TDF stuff. As in, dresses turn into babydoll/empire waist style mini dresses, and pants become capris.

I plan to try Tiny 20 clothing for mine, once LUTS has more options. Fabric Friends and Dolls is a reliable dealer if you are in the US or if shipping from the US is cheaper for you.

Actually, if FFD ever gets a Tiny 20 body in stock, I may just hybridize my girl. I love the adorable PID body, but TDFs pose much better.

9. Thanks for the clothing suggestions.

The possibility of tan and layaway is tempting but my favourite girl is Twinky and I already have her. It would be silly to get two the same wouldn't it? I wish there was more time to think about ordering. Can I see some Blooming And Ryu-ah spam to help me please? Thank you.

Has anyone managed to get their girl to stand or sit unaided and if so, how did you do it?!

10. Mine can sit and stand unaided, but that's about all she can do. It takes a lot of fiddling with her hip joint and head position to get her to stand and stay balanced.

11. [​IMG]
      Miranda~ by craftafox, on Flickr

Here's Miranda! Forgive the awkward lightning. Not the best photographer am I. I preferred Pylia's outfit, but Ariel's sculpt. I think it works really well.

12. Here's some Blooming spam! I got her to stand by giving her little Blythe tennies, which are clunkily cute on her feet -- they give her more of a plane for balancing. And as for sitting, well... I just kept trying until she stayed. She's not the best poser of my bunch, but she's not impossible. I think I'm going to have to get a second Blooming this time, in tan skin! Her face just slays me.

[​IMG]
      Iplehouse Pixxie Joyful Blooming: Halloween 2013 by vadafade, on Flickr

13. look their poseability isn't the best - but honestly, I wouldn't get rid of them. They can be challenging, but when you nail it, you just look at them and say awwwwww

Case and point:

kneeling
      [​IMG]

standing alone: (I know it's too close up to see, but I promise you, she was standing on a table)

[​IMG]

I'm SUCH a pixxie fan! Next time I will get Ryu-Ah :)

14. What a sweetie!

15. Actually, Natalia (my Dorothy) seems to be able to stand better on her heel feet (with the shoes on) than her flat feet. She can stand all on her own, it just takes some fiddling around with her. Currently, she's lounging in a beach chair. I absolutely lover her to pieces, she's such a cutie! :D

16. You got her to kneel! I'm impressed!

17. I've actually managed (with a bit of patience) to get her into a few different positions

[​IMG]

she is a bit of a minx ;)

18. So so cute! Almost sorry I asked now I REALLY need her :)

valee.anne: you are the MASTER at posing, I should have gotten you to try with Lacey when you were here :)

19. So excited to receive my girl. Was wondering what clothes/wigs you guys have tried and fit, for example can I put lati yellow clothes, or maybe blythe middie - her butt seems a bit big for middie clothes, but maybe some dresses fit?