1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse PID Discussion V. 01

Apr 15, 2013

1. Ah nuts, I'm disappointed. With Iplehouse known for more realistic faces, I was hoping for that in miniature. I guess I'm safe ... sad, but safe... :)

2. Hummm A very interesting concept, a bit too monster high for my liking. I'm gonna stick with my EID & SID!

3. Hmm, yeah, the faces are disappointing for me. Was expecting a little more realism. They remind me of Hujoos a bit.

4. I really like their faces, especially Blooming but I don't like them enough to get one.

5. Twinky and Dorothy are my favourites from the pic but I think I like more childlike faces will see the rest of the pics before decide fully.

6. I would have liked them a little more realistic. I'm a little disappointed after all that..

7. Yay, I'm safe. Too stylized for me.

8. I was hoping that they would be like FL in that they would be mature tinies, I don't think I care too much for this cartoony look :( Though it's just as well, I bought my fourth doll for the year already so I'm cut off from new doll purchases! :...(

9. Jumping in to say that these are pretty cute. I especially like Ryuah. But I was really hoping for elf ears! I cant imagine them as pixies when they have normal ears :huh?:

@americonedream, where do you see that? Do you mean these 4 sculpts or PIDs in general?

10. Been following these girls since I saw the bodies on flickr, I was kinda hoping for more realistic faces too, but I love Dorothy!

11. Hm.... Sad, I thought they were going to be actual pixie's, like Soom's fairies, with elf ears and wings and stuff... :/

12. Their faces remind me of some of the KIDs (the less realistic ones). I would have been happy to see elf ears and wings, etc. Not sure what I think of these pudgy bodies with skinny limbs and huge heads, except that I won't be buying one.

I only wonder why Iple went to all the trouble of developing them if they will only be sold for a limited time and then go away forever? (BTW, where on the site was that statement? I missed it.) On the other hand, Iple said its Elemental Guardians would not return after their initial sales period, but they did. First they came back at Christmas, then they came back on CDS. "Never" seems to be a relative term at Iplehouse.

13. As cute as they maybe, I will stick with the BID's instead.

14. (it wasn't on the site, iple said it in a comment on flikr)

that makes it tough. i like twinky, but im not sure i like her enough to get her. on the other hand id hate to miss out forever. wonder if thats why they did this?

have to say dorothy is cute, but monster high would be cheaper, and look almost the same

15. When I saw the outfit and high heels on the first teaser I wasn't so sure they'd be elf like. I figured "pixxie" might mean more by way of a size designation than looks.

vermontchick- I agree! I am wondering just how "limited" we're supposed to interpret the warning. :|

16. hmmm.... I like twinky, but not enough to get her I don't think. There are a lot of other dolls who I have wanted for a lot longer. Maybe if they're still around in a year........ lol.

17. It's a shame that after the intial excitement, only a couple of people are interested in them.

18. idk why everyone is disappointed, haha. i'm kind of in love with them. ryu-ah and twinky are my favorites. they're so cute and totally what i was hoping for!! i can't wait for more pictures <3

really upset though that it's a one-time release as i'm not sure i have the funds right now. :/

19. You could always do layaway before the sales period is over. :)

20. I asked on their flickr page and the person running it said they are limited and I should get one while I have the chance. ,:I So I hope I can!
      @Smudge: I agree, it is a darn shame! I figured they wouldn't be like Iple's normal faces what with having such big heads and all and I think they did a great job for their first stylized piece of work.
      @Auntbear: Yup, their flickr! I wonder why they'd do this too, it seems so unfair. Don't waste time making an entirely new line only to stop altogether at some point. Look what happened when Fairyland tried it with Realpuki and how popular those little critters turned out!
      @Lacerbeam: I'm with you on this, I love them too. <3 Hopefully more folks will drop by and love them too. But yeah, if only they weren't limited because I certainly do not have the funds for them. :(