1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse PID Discussion V. 01

Apr 15, 2013

1. argh! why do they have to be limited! I'm really hoping Iplehouse changes their mind, I'm really liking Twinky

2. yay! just texted my fiance and he said he was okay with me putting twinky on layaway so i will be doing that on friday when i get paid, assuming the ordering period isn't over already by then. so excited <3

3. I'm not quite sure what to think of these ones. I have only had a really quick sneaky peek at their flickr pics as I'm at work but I don't think I'll be able to buy one during the ordering period anyway. When I checked up on the size of the BID wig last night (to try and figure out their heads), I had a feeling they wouldn't be for me. From my brief glimpse, I quite like Bloomings face but I think I was really hoping for either something more pixie and delicate feeling (head proportion wise more aligned to PF sugars) or conversely something very realistic IH style but mature tiny sized and instead it's something quite unexpected.

It seems strange that they would make them so very limited. I understand limiting head sculpts to events but it does seem strange to put all that effort into casting the body for it to have only a very limited sales window.

4. anyone know what the order period is?

5. Wow, massively disappointed in these. Not that I need another doll, but still. Nothing like what I expected from Iplehouse. They look like resin Bratz dolls. At least some people here seem to think they're cute, which is good. I think the body design is nice, but I would like to see more adult heads...

6. I think the exact same thing!
      when I opened Iplehouse's page with PID on the covers I literally shouted "oh my god, bratz!"

but I knew I wouldn't like them the second I saw how big the head is. I was hoping for something with slightly more normal proportions, like soom's fairy or heck even the pukifees! (they do have large heads but a lot less)

7. When seeing the first teaser pics I got really excited about this new line, but I have to admit that I'm disappointed at the faces. I expected and hoped for more mature and realistic sculpts. But maybe I should be glad, I wouldn't have been able to afford one anyway xD

8. I totally agree with you, they don't look like Iplehouse dolls, I guess that's why Iple is releasing them limited. Just an experience?

9. Glad I'm not the only one, Dorothy does look very much like a Bratz type doll. I think Twinky and Ryu-Ah are pretty cute and I like the size but I don't know if that's enough to make me want one. Like quite a few people have said, I was hoping for something a bit more mature looking and similar to previous Iple dolls style. It'll be interesting to see if they release outfits for this size if they aren't planning to sell them for long.

10. Aww~ I think Blooming is cuute (especially in the little lamby costume! >w<) I'm reserving my opinion on them, until I've seen some proper full-body shots. :)

Are they limited? I can't find anywhere on the site that says that, and they're under the 'Basic' category now...:sweat

11. So, I am still reserving judgement - I do quite like the big head, tiny body aesthetic and it would please me more to have it at tiny size than msd size but I think it would require a whole little world for itself as I can guarantee it wouldn't fit in with any of my current doll family.

I hope we get to see body shots tonight as I'm struggling to picture it. To be 19cm and accommodate that big head, the body must be slightly shorter than both the pocket fairy sugar and new tiny delf 20 bodies. I already find the TD 20 heads look quite big compared with the body and if the Pixxies fit BID wigs that must mean that they're roughly 17cm (6 inches) which puts them almost an inch bigger than TD20 heads (and over 2 inches bigger than PF sugars!) I have a broad spectrum of tinies, but I'm struggling to think how a pixxie would work. I'm not one of those people who has to have their dolls all matchy matchy family wise, but I do like them to have a friend or two as I find I neglect the odd-bods otherwise.

I'm keeping an open mind (after all, my secret person has a giant 6" noggin on a tiny little body) but I think in my head I was expecting a scaled down (albeit slightly curvier) version of the KID which would be my ideal. I really like the 20cm size and would love a slender, slightly older seeming doll at that size.

12. i was hoping for something along the lines of the realpukis. i knew they would be stand alone dolls, but was hoping for more realistic pixie/elf/fairies that could be miniature adults in a bigger world but still fit in. these look too childs dollish too me so far. im not giving up quite yet. im waiting to see if they grow on me before the order period ends, or if there are any possible heads out there to make a hybrid with. except i kind of had my heart set on a real skin, which limits the hybrid possibilites...

13. Well I may be in the minority but I LOVE these little ones! Really cute, and although derivative, still unique enough to get. I want Dorothy, she's ridiculous, so cute.

14. I've not heard anything about them being limited either...
      IMO, it would be sort of silly for them to change their entire site (which they did, to add the PID and their clothing/shoes), if they were just going to be a limited time thing. Is there anything that supports this "limited" thing? AKA Pictures or it didn't happen.

15. darkangel998 They said it on flickr on the photo of Blooming - "In case of PID, they are really limited dolls. We won't be releasing them again when sales period is ended unlike our other dolls. You can order the doll without outfit or accessories, so please don't miss this chance!"

16. I've asked them whether this means that just these sculpts are limited, or all PIDs in general...but no answer yet. I'm thinking -- hoping! -- it is just these first sculpts that are limited, and that they will release different basics in the future. While these faces are sort of cute, I don't intend to buy one.

17. They do look like resin Monster High Dolls to me. A shame they have such huge Bratz-style heads or I might have liked them.

18. I love the big head thing, I always have. They look like they would be good "friends" with my Secretdoll Persons. I am happy to see Iplehouse doing such whimsical stuff, along with their realistic.

19. If the price is right I may consider Dorothy or Twinky, but I want to see more pictures of them first. I wonder what kind of shoes they could wear? Is Iplehouse making the clothes for them too? And what about wigs?

20. I think they're cute, and can't wait to see more pictures and get details on the body, wigs, etc. I sort of like the idea of a (somewhat) pudgy little fashionista doll. I'm not holding my breath for this, but it would be great if they could borrow some of my fashion doll accessories (especially shoes).